Did you vote today? If yes, then tell your experience, what you saw/observed/ etc.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Bucks PA. No wait.

Had to scold mother for voting Romney in CO. Something about Michelle being racist against whites... :/
She had voted BO in 08

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
seems like we have alot of bucks county PA people here. i reflected on my experience at my polling place all day. my wife voted after work for the first time (she was a NJ resident) and she felt the same way and had the same experience, that there were electioneers inside the building, and pamphlets near the voting booths where you'd be in line ( althoug hshe said she wasnt in a line). i didnt talk to her either beforehand. Do any of you know who i can report my experience to? from my previous 3 times voting, i never saw people blatantly handing out things INSIDE a voting place, only outside. I really dont think its right.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Went mid-morning (still on vacation today). Waited in line for 15min or so. Arizona has a really long ballot with fill in the oval forms so waits are to be expected. No issues with showing ID and voting. Had some ass-crack contest my signature last election but I got that straightened out before this one. My wife had no issues voting this time round. Last general election a poll worker was giving her shit over her form of ID (a driver's license, the same form of ID used by most voters and listed among the acceptable forms of ID by the State of AZ). After she demanded the poll worker's full name so she could file a formal complaint with the election commission the worker dropped the issue.

One Congressional candidate was working the area out front of the polling station, kissing hands and shaking babies.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
seems like we have alot of bucks county PA people here. i reflected on my experience at my polling place all day. my wife voted after work for the first time (she was a NJ resident) and she felt the same way and had the same experience, that there were electioneers inside the building, and pamphlets near the voting booths where you'd be in line ( althoug hshe said she wasnt in a line). i didnt talk to her either beforehand. Do any of you know who i can report my experience to? from my previous 3 times voting, i never saw people blatantly handing out things INSIDE a voting place, only outside. I really dont think its right.

Idk. Ask Perk. Honestly at that point I'm a man on a mission with kids in tow and blow past all the bs at the front door. I want to get in and gtfo asap

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Idk. Ask Perk. Honestly at that point I'm a man on a mission with kids in tow and blow past all the bs at the front door. I want to get in and gtfo asap

well i was the same way. i didnt want to be too late to get into work... but sitting at my desk i started thinking about what i experienced there and was like hey wait a minute... D:

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Voted at about 5pm in NE Ohio. In and out in maybe 15min. Parking lot was full when I went in and when I left, but things flowed very smoothly. Did not see a single political bumper sticker on any car in the lot or on the street.

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
20 mins to find parking. 2 hours in line to vote. Took off work and arrived at polling place at 2pm. 30 secs to complete the actual voting. pathetic this day in age. northern va.