Did you vote today? If yes, then tell your experience, what you saw/observed/ etc.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I voted after work today, around 5:15 p.m. CST. Had about 3 people before me. Waited less than 5 minutes. Done and out about 10 minutes total.

What I saw was a woman with "Vote Obama" in large letters by white marker on the rear glass of her car in the parking lot. Violated the voting rule (nothing about the candidates/vote topics within 600 ft.) for sure.

Other than that, nothing else happened.

Tell your own.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Contacted a few of my friends in PA. They said lines were short. Morning and mid-day votes. Montgomery and Berks Counties

I voted absentee 3 weeks ago in PA.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
PA, 6:30pm, Montgomery county.

Me and my wife voted. She never changed her last name officially, so was still listed under her maiden name. Lines to vote were split alphabetically by last name, and we were in separate halves.

For some reason, there was absolutely no one in my section, and a 20 minute wait in hers.

No other oddities noted.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
In Oregon. I can vote by mail. I filled in my ballot at home, put it in an envelope, and dropped it off at the local library.

Zero lines, zero wait, exactly how voting should be in every state.

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
Got use a felt tip pen, filled in my ballet, stuck it in a machine that claims it reads the ballot, but it might have been a paper shredder.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I went to the polls twice and may go again later. No lines no problems, I vote in a church full of calm and dignified people. I live in a civilized area by chance. I didn't build it.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
voted in bucks county pa . posted this in another thread:

FWIW, I went to a new polling place because i've moved. the new polling place i went to today was a church, which i'm used to, as the polling place by my old place was my own church's auditorium. however, the layout of this voting station had it such that you would walk through the church's bookstore / bakesale, and then there are tons of right wing pamphlets prominently displayed which all demonize obama for being pro abortion and telling you to vote for romney.

you would then proceed through to the main church worship area where the poll stations are with a big sign that says "no pamphlets beyond this point". not sure what PA's laws are, to me this was sort of strange to see this.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Voted on the way into the office, mid-morning after an early conference call. Short line. Unfortunately, there were two "special" people in front of me. One wanted to change her address. The other wanted to register at the polls. Both are apparently a somewhat detailed process that includes on-line database checks to ensure validity and prevent multiple votes. The line ground to a halt until they were processed. It took 15 minutes or so, total.

Talked to one of the other election workers I knew while I was waiting. Aside from grumbling about what a bad idea it was to make registration changes at the polls, she said over 50% of the county had already voted, and that they had been swamped up until about 8:30 (a.m.). There are no real hot local races, so the high turnout is apparently driven by the national race. Sounds like that's a common theme across the country.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
voted in n texas, short line, barely a wait at all, in and out 5 mins.. straight ticket dem

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
I parked my car at the middle-school precinct, walked into the gymnasium, checked in, voted, left the building, and was driving away from the school within 10 minutes of parking.

nanette1985

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2005
Storm- ravaged Northern NJ A lot of confusion. Took a while to find out where the polling place was - still lots of places with no power around here. Finally found it. Very busy at 10 am. They couldn't find us in the registration book. Finally found me, but not my ex-husband (been staying with him during the storm), Voting workers made a bunch of phone calls and found his information. Drove across town to a special-ed kindergarden where his poll was. Nice little school Ex was the only person there to vote at that time. He voted for Harold Stassen - which I know because the poll worker had no idea how to do a write-in vote (I also know my ex's sense of humor).
Much later I picked up my son at work His (relocated voting place) was easy to find but it was mobbed. No parking and a lot of rowdy senior citizens shoving the rest of us out of the way. Took nearly an hour. Hope Mr. Obama appreciates the time & trouble.

Last edited:

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
We've had some really bad polling places in Maryland but I had no issues. Arrived at 3:51 pm and was out at 4:11pm. Long line but it moved quickly. Checking in was definitely the bottleneck at most sites while the lack of stations was the slowdown in others.

Feb 6, 2007
Voted several days ago via mail-in ballot which the fiancee dropped off at the elections office. So, basically, no story whatsoever.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
Very short line, maybe 10 minutes in and out. I live in a very Republican area, so there were only three seats that were contested with non-Republicans (President, Congress, and Public Service Commissioner). I voted for an (L), a (D), and an (R) so I feel very fair and balanced today.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I went to the polls twice and may go again later. No lines no problems, I vote in a church full of calm and dignified people. I live in a civilized area by chance. I didn't build it.

You are one of the most comical posters on AT. I love you.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yes.
Black folks.
Tons and tons of black folks.
Never knew we had so many.
Where the fuck do they go after voting day? Do they hide? Are they afraid? They should come out more and say hi.

Also, fuck Reagan. His anchor babies are now voting in droves. I'd like to shoot him but he's already dead.

Mixolydian

Lifer
Nov 7, 2011
gilramirez.net
I went at 10am, only had to wait about 10 mins, though it took me 20 mins to find it cause there were no signs at the building. (Sound fishy?)

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
went in at 06:40. waited in line a half hour to get my number then waited in line another 15 minutes before a poll opened up so I could vote.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I could have walked to my polling place in Bucks County, Pa., but drove because I had other places to go afterwards. Went around 1:00pm, no lines, no muss, no fuss. Picked up several pieces of candy from the Republican's table outside.

Last edited: