Did you see the last 'Time' magazine cover

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Someone on Foxnews had a serious problem with it. Saying how that child is now scared for life.

Time magazine cover -- forget the breast, what about the boy?

As for me... all I'm thinking is she's my age and I want a piece of that... :whiste:

I think Fox News might have had an even bigger problem if Time Magazine had decided to show her feeding her 5yo adopted son (which she does) and the fact that he happens to be black might have further sent some of their followers into a tizzy.

Last edited:

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
it's good that they made a provocative cover, this kind of batshit crazy moms need to be talked about because they exist everywhere. Hell, even in Game of Thrones there is this kind of mom, I think it was the Vale's queen or something.
If people talk about the cover, people will talk about these ill women and more generally about over-zealous moms, even if it doesn't express itself to these extremes it can still be a subtle cause to problems later in life.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
What do you mean a tad more interesting to women than to men? Only men who are ignorant and don't care about their off spring. If I ever have a child I would not be ok with my wife breast feeding the child to this age. Mother fucker needs to stop sucking on the teet and learn that life isn't always beautiful nipple to suck on, sometimes you have to chew and get through some nasty shit just to survive.

Cool story. You appear to have some very passionate opinions about breast feeding. Doesn't change my mind that breast feeding practices in general are a subject of greater interest to women than men.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
That is a good point. But boobies sell magazines; if it were butterfaced lard ass on the coverage, fewer people would read the article. I don't know it's a serious issue anyway. Do it or don't, who really cares? Just as Bfdd says, if you do it without a modicum of modesty, don't complain that people look.

It's definitely to sell copies. I'm not bothered by the cover. To me, the issue is when a publication like Time has to sexualize something like breast feeding to sell magazines, it says that print media is really on the ropes due to the internet. Sex has always been used to sell, but not generally used to sell articles about things like breast feeding. It smacks of desperation. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I still like books, magazines and newspapers, and I'm starting to wonder if there will be any 10 years from now.

Last edited:

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
Cool story. You appear to have some very passionate opinions about breast feeding. Doesn't change my mind that breast feeding practices in general are a subject of greater interest to women than men.
the mental sanity of their offspring is of just as much interest to men. From the title and subtitle, it doesn't look like it's an article about breastfeeding, but about child growth in general.
Is time a male-only magazine?

Yeah it's probably worth noting that this whole issue is a non-issue on the rest of the planet.
nope, this kind of mothers has always existed, exist and will exist anywhere in the world, just like serial killers. It's a uncommon but not rare enough deviation.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
the mental sanity of their offspring is of just as much interest to men. From the title and subtitle, it doesn't look like it's an article about breastfeeding, but about child growth in general.
Is time a male-only magazine?

I can't believe I'm being argued with on this point. Sure, some men will be interested. Not a chance this article was aimed at the male demographic. There's more than one article in that issue, and more than one issue of this magazine. The way this looks to me, the cover article is likely to attract more female readers, but they want men to buy the issue too. Hence, the hot blond on the cover.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I see no issue with the woman being attractive. What does that have to do with anything? Those saying "they're sexualizing it" are the ones sexualizing it in their minds. There's attractive people in this world, get the fuck over it.

I agree.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
My ONLY objection is the apparent age of the kid...IMO, even 3 years old is too fucking old for a kid to still be "on the tit." That one looks like quite a bit older.

I think that was their point.

Attachment issues.

From Abroad

May 11, 2012
Meanwhile, everyone outside the US gets the version for thinking adults, and not imbeciles:
20120521_600.jpg

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/europe/0,9263,901120521,00.html

I prefer the hot-mom-breast-feeding cover than this one.
coolface.gif

Kidding. But, I was wondering how far this issue really matter in the United States, because down here in Brazil is not very common see moms breast-feeding her children in public places, unless, of course, newborns. But even this case. Otherwise, it's important to discuss about it.

it's good that they made a provocative cover, this kind of batshit crazy moms need to be talked about because they exist everywhere. Hell, even in Game of Thrones there is this kind of mom, I think it was the Vale's queen or something.

Are you talking about this?
lysa.jpg

I do not watch GoT.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Yes, saw it, figured a few of the fanbois posting here might be him but he looks to young to type.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
<Thumbs down> to Time for featuring Bill Sears, father of the notorious Bob Sears who peddles woo in the form of anti-vaccination.

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
I

I mean, i'm totally lay on it, but the breast-feeding period doesn't last a determined time? Is it possible sucking a tit and extract any kind of feed of it? Or is it more feed in a psychological way? Do you know what I mean?
[/COLOR]

[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

I have seen a documentary about some woman feeding her 10 and older kids, and her husband.

Basically the breast will continue to produce milk as long as it is getting used.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
People at Time are just sick and twisted freaks. Dont ever read Time again. Cancel your subscriptions.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
People at Time are just sick and twisted freaks. Dont ever read Time again. Cancel your subscriptions.

There's really not many people left that have subscriptions to TIME and Newsweek. Most of their subscriptions are business based, if they didn't have doctor offices subscribing to them they'd have been out of business 5 years ago.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Did you see the last 'Time' magazine cover

Hello everyone.

I was looking to the last Time magazine issue and I'm shocked to saw its cover. Take a look:

12131541.jpeg

I don't know what you guys think about it, but regardless, it appears to be a polemic matter.

The editor in chief of Time, Rick Stengel, has said that he haven't heard any complain from sellers, but confirms that the cover is provocative.

Here where I live (Brazil), i've heard commentary about, like "I don't see any problem at all (regarding about the cover itself)". But others says that is not heathy, referring breastfeeding.

The child in matter has three-years old.

So, what do you think?

What kid?

All I see is Hot MILF

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
worthless liberal rag doing anything for shock value to drum up sales.