Did you guys see Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy go ape sh!t on a reporter yesterday?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Good for Mike Gundy. I read the article and Jenny Carlson is clearly a classless piece of shit who was apparently sick the day they taught ethics at college. Assuming she even attended college that is. That article was so poorly written it really makes me doubt that she did.

I love the losers who are posting here and attacking Reid/sticking up for Carlson as well. First off, congratulations on being walking pieces of crap. Second, what's funnier than a bunch of nerds, most of whom probably still live in their mothers basements, attacking a college football player. The answer, by the way, is nothing.

Watch out...the fall from that high horse could hurt a bit.

Just FYI I played football, and baseball, from the time I was 7 until my senior year in high school when a semi hit me and destroyed my left knee.

What's your point?

I played Basketball from 5th grade until senior year of HS and Football from Freshman until Senior year of high school. Not that that means anything or has any bearing on this but you felt the need to qualify your post with your athletic resume so I thought I should too....

Did you have a point?

I was responding to your post where you implied that unless someone has played sports they don't have a right to comment on this subject.

Actually, I wasn't saying anything of the sort. If you're talking about the second paragraph of my post I was actually commenting on humor in a bunch of nerds (most likely) criticizing a college quarterback for not being manly enough. Ie. letting his mother feed him or the fact that his coach was sticking up for him. I realize how you could have taken it the other way, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Good for Mike Gundy. I read the article and Jenny Carlson is clearly a classless piece of shit who was apparently sick the day they taught ethics at college. Assuming she even attended college that is. That article was so poorly written it really makes me doubt that she did.

I love the losers who are posting here and attacking Reid/sticking up for Carlson as well. First off, congratulations on being walking pieces of crap. Second, what's funnier than a bunch of nerds, most of whom probably still live in their mothers basements, attacking a college football player. The answer, by the way, is nothing.

Watch out...the fall from that high horse could hurt a bit.

Just FYI I played football, and baseball, from the time I was 7 until my senior year in high school when a semi hit me and destroyed my left knee.

What's your point?

I played Basketball from 5th grade until senior year of HS and Football from Freshman until Senior year of high school. Not that that means anything or has any bearing on this but you felt the need to qualify your post with your athletic resume so I thought I should too....

Did you have a point?

I was responding to your post where you implied that unless someone has played sports they don't have a right to comment on this subject.

Actually, I wasn't saying anything of the sort. If you're talking about the second paragraph of my post I was actually commenting on humor in a bunch of nerds (most likely) criticizing a college quarterback for not being manly enough. Ie. letting his mother feed him or the fact that his coach was sticking up for him. I realize how you could have taken it the other way, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Fair enough. :)

Shortcut

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2003
Originally posted by: chuckywang
You know, if you just watch the "I'm a man! I'm fourty!" part of the clip, it's pretty hilarious.

That's classic, like the "I drive a Dodge Stratus!" gem from SNL a few years back.

Those two quotes, and "Don't tase me, bro!" rounds out my three favorite soundbites.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Gundy is in over his head. He isn't head coaching material and is going down faster than a drunk cheerleader on prom night.

Their win yesterday was luck. Nothing more.

His whole unloading on the reporter is an attempt to rally the team into an Us against Them mentality. The reporter was just a convenient target. What she wrote was not all that bad, and was in fact dead on.

I know people within the OSU Athletic Department and it is well known that Bobby Reid is a prima dona who has been coddled his whole life and thinks the world revolves around him. Most of his teammates don't like him and it is true that the coaching staff has become fed up with his piss poor attitude.
Of course why am I not surprised you back the Corporation?

When did the definition of Journalist change from reporting the news to manufacturing the news?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Gundy is in over his head. He isn't head coaching material and is going down faster than a drunk cheerleader on prom night.

His whole unloading on the reporter is an attempt to rally the team into an Us against Them mentality. The reporter was just a convenient target. What she wrote was not all that bad, and was in fact dead on.

I know people within the OSU Athletic Department and it is well known that Bobby Reid is a prima dona who has been coddled his whole life and thinks the world revolves around him. Most of his teammates don't like him and it is true that the coaching staff has become fed up with his piss poor attitude.
Of course why am I not surprised you back the Corporation?

When did the definition of Journalist change from reporting the news to manufacturing the news?

Don't you have some made up gas or milk prices to be off ranting about?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

a looooooooooong time ago.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: chuckywang
You know, if you just watch the "I'm a man! I'm fourty!" part of the clip, it's pretty hilarious.

LOL, that is definitely the best part :D