did they ever find any leads on the OJ/nicole/ron case?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
lol 2 victims blood was everywhere around Simpsons house (glove his socks etc) and Simpsons in addition to two victims at crime scene. But they race carded it made detectives racists and contested DNA chain/science. after that there was reasonable doubt.

Honestly if got cash you can make reasonable doubt on almost anything except a video showing murder and you smiling for camera afterward.

santz

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2006
i thought he got off on technicality, i was way young back then and don't know much about the case, maybe i should read up, can anyone provide a summary

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
i thought he got off on technicality, i was way young back then and don't know much about the case, maybe i should read up, can anyone provide a summary

OJ killed his wife and her lover some other guy. He beat the rap.

Rumors said that the jury was afraid to convict him because they were afraid of rioting...

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
O.J. got off because the jury didn't trust the police. Part of it was when Mark Furman was asked if he'd ever used the "N" word; he said no under oath, then tapes were played of him using it endlessly, as well as bragging about framing witnesses and planting evidence. (This was to a supposed writer who was going to write a book loosely based on his experiences.) There were more material problems as well; the state presented fiber evidence placing O.J. at the scene, yet the defense was able to show photographic evidence of the bodies covered with a blankets from Nicole's home prior to forensics arriving which were likely to have O.J.'s hair. Some of the evidence had been improperly stored so that it was destroyed, yet findings were still submitted as evidence even though experts testified that the evidentiary value was destroyed long before it was tested. And if memory serves, some of the evidence from O.J.'s house was actually taken to the crime scene before blood was found, breaking the chain of possession. All in all, the jury thought O.J. did it but the state had totally wrecked its credibility. O.J. later wrote a book that pretty much admitted the killings.

It's well worth reading about if you can find an account that isn't biased one way or another.

chihlidog

Apr 12, 2011
Additionally, there was blood in the Bronco that never made it into court. That would have sealed the deal.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
OJ's been pre-occupied to lead the search for the last couple of years