Did Rudy Giuliani try to have sex with a 15 year-old??

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ksosx86

Sep 27, 2012
Ek4kYoKVkAAYxKx

Personal commentary is required in all P&N posts.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
i believe

I believe it's still illegal if he thought she was underage even if she isn't.

But we don't know if he thought that... I don't see why he'd think that. She apparently presented herself as a reporter, so by that, I'd think that he'd think she was of legal age, right?
I mean I hope I'm horribly wrong, I just don't want to twist the storyline and make shit up. Leave that for mysterious laptops and emails.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Also, here we have Rudy who has been accused of sleeping with the Russians etc. And (regardless of perceived age), he deems it a wise tactical move to go up to the hotel room of an unknown reporter that speaks in a heavy eastern block accent? These people are clueless on the optics of things.

Reactions: Zorba and ksosx86

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Borat 2 currently has an 83% rating on RottenTomatoes with 106 reviews counted. I think this may have a lasting impact—it's free for anyone with Amazon Prime video and it's not like there is much new streaming content for it to compete with.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Borat 2 currently has an 83% rating on RottenTomatoes with 106 reviews counted. I think this may have a lasting impact—it's free for anyone with Amazon Prime video and it's not like there is much new streaming content for it to compete with.

Jeff Bezos is laughing maniacally right about now. How long before Trump starts tweet raging about trying to abuse his power to shut down AWS or some shit?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Can't stand Giulliani - though I realised at one point I was muddling up my reasons for disliking him with my reasons for disliking Alan Dershowitz. (This stunt might have been better suited to the latter)

But I also am not a big fan of Baron-Cohen's work. His set-ups are so contrived and manipulative that from what I've seen of them, it's usually difficult to be sure what they really reveal.

Funny thing is, that I feel almost as doubtful about the more high-status sorts of stunts that academic psychologists go in for - like the Milgram experiment or the Stanford Prison thing. Those also seem to be less than entirely convincing.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Jeff Bezos is laughing maniacally right about now. How long before Trump starts tweet raging about trying to abuse his power to shut down AWS or some shit?

Between this, the 60 minutes interview, the debate, and all of the regularly scheduled bullshit, his little orange baby hands are gonna be busy over the next 48 hours.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Is this some insane talking point getting spread around? That because of prostate cancer he has no interest in sex? The prostate does produce sex hormones, but its removal does not preclude having the ability to continue to have sex. Some men do not regain sexual function, but many do.

Actually, a quick read and, if it's correct, Giuliani did not have his prostate removed to treat his cancer. So no concern with nerve damage, or a reduction in sex hormones affecting his ability to achieve an erection.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Is this some insane talking point getting spread around? That because of prostate cancer he has no interest in sex? The prostate does produce sex hormones, but its removal does not preclude having the ability to continue to have sex. Some men do not regain sexual function, but many do.

Actually, a quick read and, if it's correct, Giuliani did not have his prostate removed to treat his cancer. So no concern with nerve damage, or a reduction in sex hormones affecting his ability to achieve an erection.

It's not the gland that (could) be the problem. It's if the treatment causes nerve damage that's the problem. If it is, it can be temporary. I'd say if Rudy was masturbating, he can still get pleasure down there...

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Did Rudy Giuliani try to have sex with a 15 year-old??

A reporter is safely presumed to be 18+.
The actress herself is 24.

There is no "try" here for the crime you allege for it does not exist as you described.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
It's not the gland that (could) be the problem. It's if the treatment causes nerve damage that's the problem. If it is, it can be temporary. I'd say if Rudy was masturbating, he can still get pleasure down there...

What I could find said he underwent radioactive seed treatment. I have a hard time seeing how anyone who has seen the clip doesn't see what he was doing. You don't tuck in your shirt for that amount of time, while moving your hand up and down. :D

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I haven't watched the clip (I hate SBC and won't consume his media), does is show her identifying herself as a reporter? Like, does she say she's a reporter with a specific outlet? Is that part omitted? I ask because I've seen people presume that "reporter" means "over 18" but political and media figures often grant interviews to high school reporters. Just trying to get more context on what's being discussed.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I haven't watched the clip (I hate SBC and won't consume his media), does is show her identifying herself as a reporter? Like, does she say she's a reporter with a specific outlet? Is that part omitted? I ask because I've seen people presume that "reporter" means "over 18" but political and media figures often grant interviews to high school reporters. Just trying to get more context on what's being discussed.
My opinion is, ask yourself if 'she said she was a reporter, I assumed she was over 17' would work for a black man in front of a judge/jury. That might provide some guidance in this case.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
My opinion is, ask yourself if 'she said she was a reporter, I assumed she was over 17' would work for a black man in front of a judge/jury. That might provide some guidance in this case.

What are the charges?

Last edited: