did Israel try to blackmail Clinton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Given the way the US always steps in to protect the Palestinians from their own stupidity, why not.

Israel's objective is to look out for it's own interests first.

The same as the US; allies can be thrown under the bus for political motives.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm far more concerned about the allegations (second linked article) that the Israelis had penetrated and were taping White House phones. But given this allegation comes from a professional anti-Clinton huckster I have grave doubts about it's veracity.

If this actually happened I have no doubts whatsoever that President Clinton would have contacted the CIA head-but I gravely doubt such a conversation would be along the lines of should I cave to these blackmailers. Much more likely would be how are these guys penetrating our systems and how can we stop it.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Oee of the articles implied that the conversations were tapped via the micro-wave link on the WH
They found evidence that the British, Russians and Israelis all had scooped up the microwaves off the top of the White House.

There is no security other than encryption when microwaves are used for transmission.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
They have killed Americans - why would they not blackmail Americans?

Israel has zero respect for the US. We are nothing more than fodder for them, in anyway they can use us.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hmm IF true that SHOULD (but it won't) end any help the US gives them.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Spying is common and that's a mild attempt at blackmail, if it even qualifies as blackmail.

Seems pretty ho-hum to me.

Fern

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Spying is common and that's a mild attempt at blackmail, if it even qualifies as blackmail.

Seems pretty ho-hum to me.

Fern

Lol. You never fail to amaze me.

Every country tries to obtain information that will help them.

We spy on other countries. (HUMINT/ELINT)
We attempt to leverage the information obtained for our own political goals.

Yet you want to proclaim outrage when others do the same to us.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Every country tries to obtain information that will help them.

We spy on other countries. (HUMINT/ELINT)
We attempt to leverage the information obtained for our own political goals.

Yet you want to proclaim outrage when others do the same to us.

Yes, that is the nifty thing about being an American Citizen. I don't like it when FOREIGN countries try to blackmail my democratically elected President.

You are an American right?

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
I am a US citizen.
I also expect that our American president(s) to not place themselves is such a stupid position so openly. Clinton already knew that trouble existed from when he was in Arkansas.

JFK was at least keeping controlled behind closed doors with those he trusted to protect the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.