Did Howard Stern Quit?

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Howards station was bought by clearchannel, and they took him off the air in certain places. He was also fined by the FCC and I believe he may be in court so he might not be available.

chibchakan

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2001
Got to be April Fools, please let it be April Fools.

I fvckin hate Cross and Lopez.:|

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: chibchacan
He's not on the radio this morning. :(

one can only hope.

not that I listen to him, but in NYC, he's broadcast in the morning on my favorite radio station (KROQ). that means that I have to listen to crappy soft-rock radio stations on my drive home from work.

now that the weather is getting warmer, though, it might be time to bring my iPod back into the car.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: loki8481
one can only hope.
not that I listen to him, but in NYC, he's broadcast in the morning on my favorite radio station (KROQ). that means that I have to listen to crappy soft-rock radio stations on my drive home from work.
now that the weather is getting warmer, though, it might be time to bring my iPod back into the car.
You really think they would play music instead of him? Wrong. They would have some suck ass morning show where they told retarded political jokes and laughed far too long.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
April Fools confirmed for the following reasons:

1) WXRK (Howard's home station in NYC) still has the RDS Info displaying on my radio saying "The Home of Howard Stern"

2) Philly station 94.1 is still playing the Howard Stern bumpers before and after that Cross and Lopez nonsense.

But hey.. I actually like the joke better then the real show!!

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001

one can only hope.

The KROQ here in Cali (sister stations) luckily for me doesn't broadcast that pathetic man. I'd much rather listen to Kevin and Bean anyday, though I really miss ThrashPie from the old KNAC. :(

SupaDupaCheez

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2000
His website is down HowardStern.com

He's probably just proving a point. He did this for a couple of hours last week to show what it would be like without him (he just played music with NO talking)

SDC

munruss

Golden Member
May 4, 2001
this is a freakin' joke. the damn gov't took him off because Bush knows he's a gonna'! i hope stern goes on all of the talk shows and makes a bigger stink than ever.

Bush is an as*hole!

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: munruss
this is a freakin' joke. the damn gov't took him off because Bush knows he's a gonna'! i hope stern goes on all of the talk shows and makes a bigger stink than ever.

Bush is an as*hole!

wow, you're dim...read the thread

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by: DurocShark

one can only hope.

The KROQ here in Cali (sister stations) luckily for me doesn't broadcast that pathetic man. I'd much rather listen to Kevin and Bean anyday, though I really miss ThrashPie from the old KNAC. :(

What's pathetic about him?

I could be wrong be, but lately it seems like there's a trend around here to hate whatever is popular. The guy is entertaining, whether you find him funny or not he has one of the most entertaining shows on the radio. Name one other person in radio who has the same impact and influence as Stern.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Arkitech

I could be wrong be, but lately it seems like there's a trend around here to hate whatever is popular. The guy is entertaining, whether you find him funny or not he has one of the most entertaining shows on the radio. Name one other person in radio who has the same impact and influence as Stern.

I guess it is subjective but personally I think he sucks, especially lately since all he has been doing his entire show is whining about what is going on with re. censorship and his show...I never listened to him by choice before all of this but now because of the hubub I decide to tune in now and again to see if he is still bitching.....

if anything I think people are backing stern or listen to his show only because it is a constant, they are familiar with it after so long and they are just used to hearing it, if he were just starting now I don't think anyone would care as his show is really boring and bland...

personally I would much rather hear music than stern.

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
18.5 million people can't be wrong. Howard Rules and I am glad it was only an April Fools prank ;)

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
yep... april fool... boy was a frustrated when I heard Cross and Lopez, then i remembered it was April 1, and put it together.

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001

Bush is an as*hole!
Yep, blame the government when people can't follow the rules.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: bozack
Originally posted by: Arkitech

I guess it is subjective but personally I think he sucks, especially lately since all he has been doing his entire show is whining about what is going on with re. censorship and his show...I never listened to him by choice before all of this but now because of the hubub I decide to tune in now and again to see if he is still bitching.....

if anything I think people are backing stern or listen to his show only because it is a constant, they are familiar with it after so long and they are just used to hearing it, if he were just starting now I don't think anyone would care as his show is really boring and bland...

personally I would much rather hear music than stern.

I'm with Boz. I really don't have anything against the man, but I think his show is pretty lame. I'd never listen to it by choice (though and at least other morning radio programs play the occasional song. by constantly flipping between 12 stations, I can usually listen to music for about 80% of my drive home.

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Quixfire

Bush is an as*hole!

you don't get it do you? As soon as Howard opposed Bush, this stuff started happening. He was pulled from Clear Channel BEFORE he even got any FCC fines. It's not a matter of him breaking rules.

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by: waylman

Bush is an as*hole!

you don't get it do you? As soon as Howard opposed Bush, this stuff started happening. He was pulled from Clear Channel BEFORE he even got any FCC fines. It's not a matter of him breaking rules.

Also he didn't "Break the rules" until the FCC redefined the rules and then went back and screened 3 year old shows.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Bush is an as*hole!

What rules? Some poorly defined "decency" rules that are wide open to interpretation? Stern has never allowed any of the 7 dirty words to be aired on his show. And n!gger is not one of those 7 dirty words (which is basically why he was kicked off of Clear Channel - a caller said n!gger).

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
it's worth mentioning that this happens every time there's an incumbent president running for re-election. don't pin all your anger on Bush ;)