Did Democrats Whine About Germany's Future Potential Problems When The Wall Came Down?

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How anybody can be bitching and whining today, about what might go wrong in the coming months in the Middle East, is beyond me. The actual "end of the war" is going to be pretty damn anticlimactic after this. If you can't savor this moment in history, there's no hope for you!

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Something I learned about people a long time ago:

Invariably at some point you can please most of the people some of the time. Then there's liberal democrats. ;)

badaboom.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Are you not familiar with Germany's current economic problems?
The integration is not going very smoothly, and its been what, 13 years now?

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
We all knew that would be the case, but we didn't dwell on it that day! Lighten up, today is HUGE!

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool

Well, damn it then -- rebuild the wall! Let's give those Stalinists another chance. They weren't ALL bad, were they? I mean, they had good Olympic teams, and there wasn't a great deal of crime, other than the horrific practices of the Stasi. Then again, I am sure that the East Germans, like the Iraqis, actually enjoyed the repression, and all the celebrations were staged.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

Invariably at some point you can please most of the people some of the time. Then there's liberal democrats.

I rest my case.

:D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Corn
Something I learned about people a long time ago:

Invariably at some point you can please most of the people some of the time. Then there's liberal democrats. ;)

badaboom.
Fortunately most Democratsd aren't liberal and most Republicans are Buck Passers like Ornery. Moderates always rule the day because Moderates are those who actually are capable of thinking outside the box.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
My wife's boss let her come home early today, for no good reason, other than she was a little tired. We sat down and watched the news just in time to see our troops replace the thin rope with a heavy chain around the statue's neck. Watched the Iraqis throwing shoes at it, stomp on it and finally ride the head around the square. :D They mentioned that the BBC was covering an Earthquake in China, rather than the statue toppling. :confused:

Well, I'll never forget the moment. It was a once in a lifetime event!

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: AndrewR
Originally posted by: SuperTool

Well, damn it then -- rebuild the wall! Let's give those Stalinists another chance. They weren't ALL bad, were they? I mean, they had good Olympic teams, and there wasn't a great deal of crime, other than the horrific practices of the Stasi. Then again, I am sure that the East Germans, like the Iraqis, actually enjoyed the repression, and all the celebrations were staged.

You would be suprised at the nostalgia a lot of Soviet block people feel for the old times. Maybe some of them expected that just the fall of communism would solve all their problems.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Ornery
My wife's boss let her come home early today, for no good reason, other than she was a little tired. We sat down and watched the news just in time to see our troops replace the thin rope with a heavy chain around the statue's neck. Watched the Iraqis throwing shoes at it, stomp on it and finally ride the head around the square. :D They mentioned that the BBC was covering an Earthquake in China, rather than the statue toppling. :confused:

Well, I'll never forget the moment. It was a once in a lifetime event!
What's sad is that in you will state that it was those like you how are so single minded that you won't ever admit that it was a cross section of Americans who supported this Military Action , Republican, Democrat and Independants.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
There was no vaccuum for the Berlin wall to fall into like there is with the ousting of Saddam and company. There was no need to replace the infrastructure, no need to develop a goverment from scratch, etc. What fills the vaccuum in Iraq is the concern not the fact that it was created.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"...a cross section of Americans who supported this Military Action"

The "cross section" is pathetically split along party lines. Pro-war Democrats are around, but RARE!

Edit: BTW, are there any protests scheduled for tomorrow? Any idea what the political "cross section" of protesters will look like? :D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

The "cross section" is pathetically split along party lines. Pro-war Democrats are around, but RARE!

Edit: BTW, are there any protests scheduled for tomorrow? Any idea what the political "cross section" of protesters will look like? :D
Maybe you need to have your political Myopia checked out because there is a cross section of Americans who support this action, not that a whiny buck passer like you would notice.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Maybe you need to have your political Myopia checked out because there is a cross section of Americans who support this action, not that a whiny buck passer like you would notice.

Gallup

We probably need to define "cross section".

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I didn't think we'd need to define or prove anything. It's pretty flippin' obvious!

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Really, how many people fit under one party anyways??

For example, I think the drug black market should be cut down by legalizing drugs (reducing street crime and other problems) with controls, that it's stupid for you guys to not be able to drink until 21, I think what goes on in a bedroom has nothing to do with the state, that church should have nothing to do with the state, prostitution should probably be legalized with controls, but I also think there should be much less or no welfare and less government intervention, more of a free-market as opposed to less. I'm opposed to many kinds of subsidies. I believe in the death penalty and personal responsibility. And guess what, I support the war on Iraq for the most part.

So.. what the hell would I go under? I would think conservative but aren't they also the type that go "oh my god!! My kid saw a breast!! aieieee nooooooo!!" ;)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I didn't think we'd need to define or prove anything. It's pretty flippin' obvious!
The only thing that's obvious to me is that you won't be happy until you see Americans turn on each other. Derisive influences like you are more dangerous to American society than a million Bin Ladens.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well, I ain't gonna call the whiners liberal, because I'm liberal! Let me put it this way. All the people whining about going into Iraq, and wringing their hands today will be Democrats. That poll Dave so kindly linked to was made March 28th. If that same poll had been taken on March 1st, it would have been even more lop-sided.

Our country IS divided and it ain't my doing. I vote for the party that supports the same issues I do. Putting the squeeze on Saddam wasn't one of the issues of the last election, but I sure as hell was behind it when it was brought to the table. Look who has been against it from the start. NOT Republicans!

No matter what progress our troops make, the Democrats on this forum will nitpick the slightest flaw. To be whining about that crap on a day like this is pathetic.