Did anybody try the new T2:Extreme Edition DVD?

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Did you try to play the HD WMP 9 format? How good was it? The box says it requires a 3 ghz processor. How well does it play on slower systems? Will using an ATI or GeforceFX card help (since they both offer Mpeg acceleration)?

I already have the Ultimate Edition and I'm thinking about getting the Extreme Edition. Just wondering if it is worth it.

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
well I got it, but havn't played it yet, I got finals. I will try to play it tomorrow...possible update then.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: MaxDSP
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein
The box says it requires a 3 ghz processor

WTF? are they in bed w/ intel & AMD!!! :confused:

Maybe I should'nt try it on my 950 MHz Duron...:eek:

Please try it and report back as I refuse to triple-dip in any DVD release on a matter of principal :|

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just got mine, its kinda choppy on my 1.6ghz celly.
I guess i should of read the requirements first :D

Btw wtf is up with that metal cover? Not only is it a pita to take out the dvd cover, but the when pulling it out it cuts up the plastic covering :|

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
from ARTISAN:

In light of the many posts regarding packaging problems with the new Terminator 2: Extreme Edition DVD, Artisan Entertainment would like to inform your members that replacement plastic cases can be obtained by calling our Account Services hotline at 800.650.7099.

hope this help, :)

ozzie

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: shabby
I just got mine, its kinda choppy on my 1.6ghz celly.
I guess i should of read the requirements first :D

Btw wtf is up with that metal cover? Not only is it a pita to take out the dvd cover, but the when pulling it out it cuts up the plastic covering :|

What graphics card are you using? Is it an ATI Radeon or something?

I think they are starting to get a little too gimicky with the packaging of DVDs...

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Im using a gf3 ti500.

I dig the new packaging, its just that the metal case is too tight.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
The high proc speed is because it's a new HD format. It's supposed to be truly HD.

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Would those cheap dvd players that support wma be able to play this maybe?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: XZeroII
The high proc speed is because it's a new HD format. It's supposed to be truly HD.

Better than "plain" HD.

This is in 1080p, and the best broadcast is in 1080i. Why the heck they every made interlaced the standard is beyond me. I had hoped that would go with NTSC. Only a few sets now can do 1080p anyway (because of the aforementioned standard), so there ya go.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Im using a gf3 ti500.

I dig the new packaging, its just that the metal case is too tight.

Hmmm, I think a Geforce3 only offers motion compensation. The Radeon and GeforceFX (I think) has both motion compensation and inverse discrete cosine transform (IDTC) -- maybe that's enough help to play back smooth on my Athlon XP 1600+ systems.

Draco

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
That damn IPlayer the DVD needs to get the certificate to play the HD version won't work :( It just locks up every time it trys to load the dvd.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002

the UE had a metal case that was too loose, and the dvd fell out. this time it was made too tight and the plastic got ripped off. i think somone at artisan needs to get canned in the case production dept. good dvd though, havent watched it on my computer yet though.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Draco
That damn IPlayer the DVD needs to get the certificate to play the HD version won't work :( It just locks up every time it trys to load the dvd.

You need to install some player to play the DVD? You can't just use the regular WMP 9?

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
credit goes to gkleinman from dvdtalk.com forums
from ARTISAN:

In light of the many posts regarding packaging problems with the new Terminator 2: Extreme Edition DVD, Artisan Entertainment would like to inform your members that replacement plastic cases can be obtained by calling our Account Services hotline at 800.650.7099.

We are aware of the problems with the first-run of the metal O card packaging for T2 and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused your members. I ask that you please be so kind as to post this information and allow us to do our best to address the concerns of your members.
there ya go shabby, you can call and get a replacement case.