did Anarchy Online ever gets it graphics update?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
More than like the above is correct but I doubt it'll be early 2013. Currently, they are working on a server merge which will consolidate their 2 servers into one. Next on their list is to finish up the engine and you will likely see a full profession rebalance by the end of next year.

AO is still my favorite MMO. I usually pick it backup every little bit but it's getting harder and harder since so few people play. The server merge should help that quite a bit. The new engine and profession rebalance should bring new and old players back into the game.

akahoovy

Golden Member
May 1, 2011
I would give it a go again once it gets the update. I always liked the theme, but I never knew anyone and it seemed like a ghost town the few times I played the trial.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
AO is the only MMORPG I ever played that I truly truly enjoyed. It was so wildly deep and complicated. No hand holding. Diverse environments. Actual role playing.

I never minded the crappy graphics.

Feb 4, 2009
It is effectively the last no hand holding MMO out there now, death penalty, minimal instructions, big open world, etc.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
i had a level 148 Fixer back in 2005...i wonder if he's still around.
oh the good times i had with the old dual-SMG-run-speed-pumping-healer-over-timer.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I played it for about 2 months when it first came out in 2001 and it still left a strong impression on me and a lot of fond memories.

"Virulent Mini-Bull!" haha, I still remember the music... and still have a directory of it's mp3s in my music folder.

I didn't know it was still up and running in any way, and this tempts me greatly to go back to it even if only briefly. Is it free to play nowadays or?

I still have a disc but it's just the original one, I don't have any expansions if there were any.

What would one do if they wanted to play it now?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
The original game is free to play. All the expansions and extras that go with it aren't. The game you played back then would be whats free to play now. Ideally, if you start playing again it's best to try and join a friendly org(clan). They can help you out with questions, running through content and giving you free stuff.

A lot of players have alternate free to play accounts that they level toons for buffing or to run specific dungeons. After the server merge which will hopefully happen in the next few months, there should be a lot more people around to play with.