Diary of a mad democrat

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Something about this past election gets me and I don’t mean Roy Moore.
I talking about our side.
I now hear from Alabamians of how Alabamians are not the backwards country bumpkins the nation had thought they were.
Well, we have to remember, it was less than only 2 percentage points that stopped Moore from getting elected.
In my book, Alabama has to do a lot more to prove they are not as backwards as believed to be. Despite that outcome, a hell of a lot of Alabama still went for the child molester. And they were not happy when he lost.

And next… is what we are now hearing from some minorities in Alabama.
That they came to the rescue this time for their party, the democratic party, but that party had better not forget that. And the party had better not assume they will be there in the future.
That being, they only came to the rescue believing they are now “owed something” by the party.
This is like a soldier fighting not to win a cause, but in hopes of taking home a shiny medal.
And damn be the cause.
This attitude is quite disturbing and shows no real party loyalty. If they think they were only doing this for some sort of payback down the road then I say let them vote for Roy Moore.
And now I totally understand, we all should now understand why during election after election it is so hard to get the democratic vote to come out. I’m believing they only come out not as loyal party members or for the common good with doing what is best for them and for the country, they only come out when something is in it for them. And again, damn be the cause.

Then we have Doug Jones, the winner.
There he was the very next day up there promising to hand out olive branches to the wolfs, and to cross the isle in some kumbaya show of unity.
Has how they treated Obama for a full years not sunken in?
Does anyone think Roy Moore or Donald Trump would be handing out olive branches to Nancy Pelosi had Moore won? They would be full steam ahead to dismantle what remains of the Obama legacy. Wipe out every hint that Obama had ever occupied the Whitehouse.
Yet here was Doug Jones, doing again the very same thing that voters hate of politicians. Becoming spineless while surrounded by the pack of wolfs.
This Jones win means assuredly one thing and only one thing, that republicans will have one less vote to pass their anti-middle class agenda in the senate. And that is about the extent of this win.
What we need in the senate are soldiers, not wimps handing out olive branches.
Haven’t we been paying attention?
Paul Ryan has already promised to go after Medicare and Social Security come 2018, immediately after they get their tax reform thru.
Their tax reform, where the middle class pays all the bills while the Trump kids scoot by without paying a single dime.
And Doug Jones stands up there the very day after his stunning win, and he stands up there handing out olive branches to the wolfs.

And that is why democrats lose and lose and lose time after time.
You can bet your life that come two years from now when Jones senate seat is up for grabs once again, that jones will be challenged and soundly defeated.
And Roy Moore just might succeed in doing that his second time around.

And last but not least, the republicans are lost in their own morally.
The day after, we witnessed republican senator after republican senator proclaiming to the media of how thrilled they were that Moore will not be joining them in the senate.
But…. when asked by the reporter “Did you vote for Roy Moore?”, they all answered “YES”.
“I wanted to keep the senate seat in republican hands.”
So lets understand this completely….
They are thrilled that Roy Moore the child molester lost, but yet had no problem voting for the child molester.
What does that tell you?

This is war people, and we need true party loyalist not party opportunist.
This is war people, and we need winners that totally understand what is at risk. And understand as winners they are playing with wolfs. Wolfs that munch on olive branches for a snack. Right up to the entire arm.
And we need to understand Alabama.
In their heart noting has changed, despite what happened Tuesday night.
They are still a state as red as red gets. A state that cheers on the Roy Moore’s and the Donald Trump’s.
And when any politician votes for a child molester, then later pretends to be glad the molester lost, DON’T BELIEVE IT.
And definitely, never trust them….

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
No, it's not a war. If you think it is, then you don't know the meaning of the word.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I don't like loyalty in politics. It may be a necessary evil for politicians sometimes, but voters should be loyal only to issues, to politicians who pledge to work on those issues, and to politicians who keep those promises.

Reactions: ivwshane

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Automation is going to hit conservatism hard. Good luck peddling small government when robots take the jobs and majority of people are on government dole.

Automation is going to hit the Libtard youth hard. The snowflakes you guys have been grooming for years won't have jobs to pay for the trillions in student loan debt. I guess that fits in perfectly with a goal of Libtards in forming a large collection of indentured servants.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Automation is going to hit the Libtard youth hard. The snowflakes you guys have been grooming for years won't have jobs to pay for the trillions in student loan debt. I guess that fits in perfectly with a goal of Libtards in forming a large collection of indentured servants.

Sure but caring for and burying the boomer generation isn't something that can be automated (well it could but I don't think you'd like what that entails).

Your time on this planet is limited and soon enough the largest generation will be a speck of dirt and will be ignored. You can hold on all you want but eventually your shitty health care and poor retirement accounts will catch up to you. You will be beat down by your own policies and the generation you show contempt for via the horrible policies you support will gladly take all you are worth while you waste away relying on them to take care of you.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
No, it's not a war. If you think it is, then you don't know the meaning of the word.

You want to kill our children by taking their health care away, and you think that's not war?

Fine, tell yourself whatever you want, to us it's war.

Snarf Snarf

Feb 19, 2015

It's a war. Conservatism must be defeated for America to survive.

The real war isn't on any specific ideology but more a war on misinformation, ignorance, and laziness. It takes 30 seconds to fact check any random political garbage you find on social media or TV, and most Americans can't be bothered with it.

The millennials are more than likely going to inherit a shit show, and will probably react more radically than previous generations would have. More specifically with regards to student loan debt and healthcare, both of which are quickly becoming future disasters waiting to happen.

For the future to mend you have to remove identity politics from the equation entirely. You are not a Republican or a Democrat, you are a human being who is supposed to have empathy and compassion for your fellow man, not contempt for those that disagree with you. Declaring war on each other only means destruction for everyone.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The real war isn't on any specific ideology but more a war on misinformation, ignorance, and laziness. It takes 30 seconds to fact check any random political garbage you find on social media or TV, and most Americans can't be bothered with it.

The millennials are more than likely going to inherit a shit show, and will probably react more radically than previous generations would have. More specifically with regards to student loan debt and healthcare, both of which are quickly becoming future disasters waiting to happen.

For the future to mend you have to remove identity politics from the equation entirely. You are not a Republican or a Democrat, you are a human being who is supposed to have empathy and compassion for your fellow man, not contempt for those that disagree with you. Declaring war on each other only means destruction for everyone.

While I agree with the sentiment, only one group has declared war and its not the millennials fighting back to keep their head above water. I can fight the good fight and still recognize those that I disagree with still need to be taken care of because they are still Americans and they are still human.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

Nope it's a war between America and conservatism for survival. Don't be fooled by "both sides" nonsense.