Diamond = Worst Tech Support Ever

PhatPhreddy

Dec 22, 2009
I purchased a Diamond All-In-Wonder HD video card to replace a Radeon HD that had failed on me. I have a pc that I use specifically for watching blurays and hdtv rips, connected to my tv via HDMI. It's not really important to me if the tuner works but I did pay for it and I can pick up free HD with a QAM tuner so I went to DMM's tech support site and put in a ticket. That was 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't even been viewed yet. They have a Live chat bar but it always says nobody is available. This has to be the worst tech support in history, even Microsoft will at least acknowledge you exist before messing everything up. I wouldn't recommend Diamond products to anyone after this.

http://www.dmmsupport.com/index.php...OTEyMDY0NQ==&ide=UHVyc2V2YWwuMUBnbWFpbC5jb20=

Anyway, perhaps someone here has had the same problem and can help me out. The video portion of the card works fine, HDMI to the tv is fine I just can't get the tuner to work.

AIWHD3650
Celeron 2.8Ghz
2GB RAM
ASUS MB, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 onboard video, disabled in Device Manager
Windows XP Professional 5.1 2600 SP3
Installed package then went online, downloaded and installed Version 5.0.60000.49
This pc is used exclusively to watch video on a 50-inch Sony 1280x720p HDTV.

In System Information the driver and .dll is the same for the video card and the onboard video but the .inf files are different. Do I have to force a driver update?

Never comes up with "New Hardware Found" but the Catalyst drivers install. Device Managers shows ATI All-In-Wonder HD. Using HDMI out to tv. Video and audio works fine. When I run Catalyst Media Center it says "No TV Tuner Device" No Tuner information in Catalyst Control Center. CATV Cable is good.
Currently running through a splitter but it makes no difference if I go directly from the outlet to the card.