Diablo 3: what a disgrace. F U blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
So i picked up D3 a few days ago, i played for a few hours, and for the most part i was ok with it, as it was just a clone of D2 pretty much. I anticipated a generic story, and a game VERY similar to the first, so from the little bit that i played, i was OK with it. Honestly my expectations we not sky high, and didnt expect anything mind-blowing, so for the 2 hours i played it was pretty good.

What i didn't expect was that i would have performance issues on my pretty badass PC 3 months after the release of the game. I posted a thread on the battle.net forums, because i thought i was an anomaly, but i soon found out i was one of many having this issue.

I was getting stuttering no matter what settings i chose, and apperently this is an issue that many people were having. Anytime something new popped up on screen i would freeze for a second.

I posted that, and the fact that i was displeased with blizzard for neglecting the issue, and now i log on to see im banned for a week for "spam" or some BS.

I am so sick of companies like this (blizzard, EA, etc) that just crap all over the consumer. Seriously, is the company's plan just to make as much profit right now and just screw what happens in the future? I for one will NEVER buy anything from EA anymore, and now blizzard is also off my list unless they do something crazy to turn it around.

I just dont get it. This game wasn't rushed or anything (mass effect 3), and had no excuses to have the issues that it does. I think bliz just said to themselves - "these idiots will buy this no matter what, so why should we even bother putting anymore time/money/resources into it?" Well screw you blizzard, you will never get another penny from me.

There's a stickied thread at the top of the forum for D3 topics. Please use that.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
That's all Diablo 3 was. Blizzard owned the Diablo IP and knew they could take a dump in a box with that tag on it and make a fortune. Never mind that the people who made the Diablo games don't work there anymore.

Diablo 3 is the biggest cash in I've ever seen. Release a pile of crap, marketed and hyped up for four years prior, and they knew they would make a killing - and did.

Blizzard/Activision are just another EA. Buyer beware.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
That's all Diablo 3 was. Blizzard owned the Diablo IP and knew they could take a dump in a box with that tag on it and make a fortune. Never mind that the people who made the Diablo games don't work there anymore.

Diablo 3 is the biggest cash in I've ever seen. Release a pile of crap, marketed and hyped up for four years prior, and they knew they would make a killing - and did.

Blizzard/Activision are just another EA. Buyer beware.

I only paid 20 bucks for it, but i still feel like i got screwed. I was planning on picking up starcraft 2, is it even worth it? This was pre D3. but i really dont want to give this awful company another dollar.

and whats all this about: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii how many professional critics were paid off to give this a good score? Honestly, I haven't played much, but normally when you make basically the same game as the previous one you get a lower score. I dont see how this game was innovative or new or anything. Maybe this game deserved a 75-80 without DRM and performance issues. Even less with them. I think id rather have them show the user score than the "critic" reviews on steam from now on.

Last edited:

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I think the stuttering has to do with a vsync issue with Nvidia cards. I have a 6800 GTX and once I dialed in the settings correctly in the Nvidia Control Panel I did not have any issues. I do remember having a stuttering issue when I first installed the game but I remember fixing it with some tweaks I found online.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
I think the stuttering has to do with a vsync issue with Nvidia cards. I have a 6800 GTX and once I dialed in the settings correctly in the Nvidia Control Panel I did not have any issues. I do remember having a stuttering issue when I first installed the game but I remember fixing it with some tweaks I found online.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270834509?page=1

this thread says otherwise. Ive been messing around with it for a while, and have had no luck. Vsync on or off. Foreground/backgorund fps to whatever setting. And people have had the issue with ati cards as well.

Either way with the setup i have, i should be able to just click "ultra" and then just play. Its a friggin point and click game for god sakes. Its pathetic that im thinking that i should install it on my macbook air, because my 2500 hd graphics will outperform my gtx 670.......

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
The only stutter i had was due to the latency. Performance wise i had no problems. THe biggest gripe i had was the restriction on the usage of Mods apart from the all-time-online DRM.
BTW there are a million threads on D3 here anyway, so why a new thread?

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Mass Effect 3 wasn't really rushed, btw. It had 26 months of development time after Mass Effect 2 was released, so the core problem with Mass Effect 3's development likely wasn't being rushed. If you want to point out a BioWare game that suffered from being rushed, that would be Dragon Age II, which got pushed out the door only 16 months after the release of Dragon Age Origins.

Anyways, I've been avoiding Diablo III because I absolutely despise constant-connection DRM, same with the Assassin's Creed series on PC. No opinion on the gameplay.

Last edited:

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
@Nvidiaguy07

Really? performance is your issue with the game?

The issue isnt:
1) Really low drop rates, insane difficulty forceing people to use the auction house.
2) buy items on auction house, defeats purpose of the game, no time spent grinding for items.
3) skill system is crap, no skill tree with fun builds and synergies.
4) itemisation is crap, dps on item instead of +skill, means too much, game is ruled by blue's/rare's and uniques are crap.
5) cannot make games / name of game, can only join "friend's" in game, or join random game with open slots.
6) rampart hacking / dopeing / people loseing accounts.
7) forced to play with certain skills to survive (D2 had much better balance between skills/builds)

Gameplay is just not as fun....as diablo II was.
The good part of about diablo II was rushing to bosses, slaying a boss and competing for loot.

Now the bosses drops sucks, rare monsters in packs are harder than bosses, means you play though intire game now (which sucks because storyline gets reeeeeeeeeeeeallly old real quick). Also you dont compete for loot, their unique to you (I think it was).

So basically....

Gameplay is worse than diablo II
Skill tree system is worse than diablo II (and character builds)
Itemisation system doesnt work in diablo III, its worse than diablo II

you know whats better in Diablo III than diablo II?
The damn cutscenes when you beat a act...... and those get old quick too.

*edit:
I played until Act2 Inferno, and only found like 2 uniques. Both uniques where so bad, I never even equipt them.

Mar 11, 2004
A friend and I have ranted to each other more than enough about this game. Frankly I hated it, will never buy another Blizzard game, and don't even want to spend any more time explaining all the reasons I hate the game. Unfortunately its still a pain in the ass as just having an account is becoming an annoyance due to Blizzard's security issues. I'd sell/trade it in a heartbeat if I could and wish I could have gotten a refund.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
@Nvidiaguy07

Really? performance is your issue with the game?

The issue isnt:
1) Really low drop rates, insane difficulty forceing people to use the auction house.
2) buy items on auction house, defeats purpose of the game, no time spent grinding for items.
3) skill system is crap, no skill tree with fun builds and synergies.
4) itemisation is crap, dps on item instead of +skill, means too much, game is ruled by blue's/rare's and uniques are crap.
5) cannot make games / name of game, can only join "friend's" in game, or join random game with open slots.
6) rampart hacking / dopeing / people loseing accounts.
7) forced to play with certain skills to survive (D2 had much better balance between skills/builds)

Gameplay is just not as fun....as diablo II was.
The good part of about diablo II was rushing to bosses, slaying a boss and competing for loot.

Now the bosses drops sucks, rare monsters in packs are harder than bosses, means you play though intire game now (which sucks because storyline gets reeeeeeeeeeeeallly old real quick). Also you dont compete for loot, their unique to you (I think it was).

So basically....

Gameplay is worse than diablo II
Skill tree system is worse than diablo II (and character builds)
Itemisation system doesnt work in diablo III, its worse than diablo II

you know whats better in Diablo III than diablo II?
The damn cutscenes when you beat a act...... and those get old quick too.

*edit:
I played until Act2 Inferno, and only found like 2 uniques. Both uniques where so bad, I never even equipt them.

Well from reading a bunch of crap about it, i decided to give it a shot because
1. dont care about drop rates. D2 to me was a mindless game, which is kind of what i expected out of D3
2. Never planned on using the AH, though i do think it is a bunch of crap.
3. Cant comment on skill tree
4-on: Wasnt planning on playing multiplayer, so could care less about hacking and all that.

But even without all that, it still is just awful.

Sorry i just realized that there was already a D3 sticky, and i realize im late to the hate party, but i was just really pissed after they banned me from their forums for bitching about a broken game. reminds me of the guy who got banned from his origin games after saying something stupid. Yea i know not the same thing, but still.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Wasnt planning on playing multiplayer, so could care less about hacking and all that.

Eh? I do not understand you here. Multiplayer?

The entire game is a multiplayer game which you play alone. And if you get hacked, it hurts, because all the stuff you accumulate after countless hours and hours of farming is gone in an instant. Also with RMAH, it not only puts your in-game items in peril, but also your real world money.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Eh? I do not understand you here. Multiplayer?

The entire game is a multiplayer game which you play alone. And if you get hacked, it hurts, because all the stuff you accumulate after countless hours and hours of farming is gone in an instant. Also with RMAH, it not only puts your in-game items in peril, but also your real world money.

But i mean - i know its always online, but how would i get hacked? Not that i think id even be a target, because i probably wont put more than 1 playthrough into the game anyway. No CC info in attached to my battle.net account, nor it will ever be, so how am i at risk?

On a side note, people are ridiculous in what they will go through for fake video game bullshit. Just read an article in the post about a kid who robbed some other like for like 4 billion runescape dollars. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/game_over_for_vid_kid_robber_DQgYQB3lApPVWB4FXXRiFN

are you kidding me?

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
I loved Starcraft I, and Diablo I & II and expansions, and even warcraft games.

Since then.... World of Warcraft... wasnt for me.
Starcraft II, a small let down.
Diablo III, a huge cluster fack.

What has happend to blizzard?
It seems like a bad trend..

I pre-ordered diablo III at a huge price, and very much so regret it.
I wont pre-order another game from blizzard, and I wont be amoung the early buyers anymore.

Unless a new blizzard game not only gets stellar reviews, but good consumer feedback, I wont be buying a new game from them

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
I'll never buy another Blizzard game as long as they come with always-on DRM. When they drop always-on DRM, I'll take it as a sign that they are starting to become consumer focused again, instead of money focused.

I think the SC2 LAN debacle and now Diablo III have cost Blizzard their review immunity. That is, Blizzard had such a solid name, that you could pretty much bank on a Blizzard title being worth buying. Valve still has that review immunity I think.

But their recent antics have cost them that. They have jaded gamers, made them wary. Now, gamers will look more closely at reviews before buying another Blizzard game. Oh how the mighty have fallen! Shows how short sighted their strategy is - I mean, Diablo III is a pretty blatant cash cow. Had it been less of a blatant cash cow, it would have done a lot more for Blizzard's reputation, and therefore helped them get better sales figures in future.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
i know its always online, but how would i get hacked? Not that i think id even be a target, because i probably wont put more than 1 playthrough into the game anyway. No CC info in attached to my battle.net account, nor it will ever be, so how am i at risk?

You are at risk because you have a Battlenet account. There are people who've managed to recover hacked accounts only to get re-hacked hours later. Believe me, there is even a thread on it here.

Last edited:

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
D3s fail was as predictable as Swtor. Only blind people couldnt see it coming :p

D3 have been hacked for ages on the item level with SQL injection. Now the entire battlenet got hacked too. And BLizzard sold lots of authenticators due to their own bad security as well. Talk about really ripping people off.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
i agree, ever since watching the hour long beta gameplay video i knew i'm not going to like the game, it just seemed off...different, but not in a good way.

i played diablo 1 countless times back in the day on LAN with my friends.
i played diablo 2 3-4 times single player
i haven't (and probably wont) play diablo 3.
see you in 10 years blizzard.

zebrax2

Nov 18, 2007
Played Diablo 3 got up to inferno with 2 chars then thought to myself i had enough. I mean the difficulty jump from hell to inferno is just insane that i was forced to copy someone else build to just to stay alive in act 2. It was then that i realized that f*ck this game. Its not me playing anymore when i have to copy someone else play style in my book.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
What a new and interesting topic.

If only something like this could be tagged at the top of the page for other people to read similar stories.

Oh wait...

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
What a new and interesting topic.

If only something like this could be tagged at the top of the page for other people to read similar stories.

Oh wait...

I think that thread will mostly be viewed by people who enjoy D3 and have ongoing discussion about it. If he posted there he would get little support from other D3 haters.

Aug 11, 2008
I thought the game was decent. I also thought the difficulty was not that bad on normal, but granted, the highest difficulty was almost impossible. Even the smallest enemies could take 3/4 of your life in one hit. But normal difficulty was easier than, for instance, Titan Quest, where I was never able to kill Typhon without hacks, even on normal. I finished D3 on normal with 3 different characters without going multiplayer.

My biggest complaint with the game was the always on-line requirement. I said I would never play a game that required this, but made an exception for D3. I was never able to play without lag, not once, in hundreds of hours of gameplay. The Auction House was also a terrible money grab, but I refused to use it.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I only paid 20 bucks for it, but i still feel like i got screwed. I was planning on picking up starcraft 2, is it even worth it? This was pre D3. but i really dont want to give this awful company another dollar.

and whats all this about: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii how many professional critics were paid off to give this a good score? Honestly, I haven't played much, but normally when you make basically the same game as the previous one you get a lower score. I dont see how this game was innovative or new or anything. Maybe this game deserved a 75-80 without DRM and performance issues. Even less with them. I think id rather have them show the user score than the "critic" reviews on steam from now on.

I gave it a good score if I voted in anything

A) I enjoyed playing the game. Good 150+ hours worth
B) I had 0 issues, even the first week when servers went down a few times to fix issues, I seemed to always miss them or whatever
C) I earned $150 on the RMAH

It is all based on opinons. People who had issues technically, or were hoping for something much more or didn't like the fact that it wasn't a D2 expansion in which it is a whole new game (hence being a new game and not an expansion) seem to rip on it the hardest, because their expectations or hardware didn't agree with the game.

And it does sound like sync issues with Nvidia, as again I had 0 issues with a 7xxx Raedon.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I think that thread will mostly be viewed by people who enjoy D3 and have ongoing discussion about it. If he posted there he would get little support from other D3 haters.

Then you havent read the posted thread. There is much more hate and attacking of D3 then people enjoying it. Huge debate on the good and bad in there also.

So anything D3 should actually go in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.