Diablo 3 benchmarks GPU/CPU see if your setup is fast enough

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
Like I said earlier, Blizzard has addressed the FPS issues. They said the retail copy will perform much better than the beta.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Beta must have had issues on my end. I could NOT reach stable and playable framerates with everything maxed at 1080p on my 560 Ti SLI setup (2GB cards).

Driver issue?

I don't think it was the beta having issues. Played just great at 1600x1200 with a much slower single gtx 460 card.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I only noticed stuttering when I started playing the game without it being done downloading. In this case, it wasn't just loading new assets, it was downloading new assets. :p

Note that I also did not play during the open beta, and my system specs may be slightly higher than some in some aspects:

i5-2500k (stock clocks), AMD 6950 / GeForce 680 (use 680 now), 8GB RAM, SSD

Maybe I didn't see stuttering because I put D3 on the same SSD as WoW and SC2? SSDs are pretty awesome in regard to random access.

This was my thought. I had no issues either with my 6870 which is a decent card, but nowhere near top of the line, and no issues on my laptop with a 6770. But both have an SSD.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This was my thought. I had no issues either with my 6870 which is a decent card, but nowhere near top of the line, and no issues on my laptop with a 6770. But both have an SSD.

I think some of the stuttering problems I had with the Diablo Beta were due to server lag. I have a pretty hot machine with a smoking fast internet connection.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The game is still in beta. They have no idea how the final product is going to perform. Blizzard could make huge adjustments to performance for the retail game.
Or come out with tons of patches immediately after release.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
I just hope they allow cards on their unsupported to at least open the game, even if they need to implement some video options that can be disable to make it run smoother.

I don't think many people are going to be happy buying a game that is on the unsupported video card list. You know it's going to happen, not everybody checks their specs before purchase and there are a ton of cards that won't even be able to access the main menu of the game.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I think some of the stuttering problems I had with the Diablo Beta were due to server lag. I have a pretty hot machine with a smoking fast internet connection.

I had that problem too, I just let it download the rest of the way and had zero stutter after that. I'm not sure why they even let you play before then, the stutter was so bad in places I almost died.

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
I don't know how it works but when I'd load up the beta my FPS would be really choppy ( would drop to 10-15 fps every 30 seconds or so for 5 seconds). After about 20 minutes of playing all the hitches would go away. Annoying none the less.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I know it's not "supported", but I really hope it works well in eyefinity without having to mod the hell out of it.

prism

Oct 23, 2004
Yay, hearing that it ran crappy for others too makes me happy and hopeful that it'll be polished up by launch! Too bad the tomshardware review was wrong in that you can't zoom in ;)

dead2rights

May 9, 2012
1. There was an audio bug that dragged down FPS. Fixed in retail.

2. Retail will more optimized without the bug collecting features consuming extra resources found in the beta.

3. If you were playing open beta, judging performance from that is not accurate because the whole point of that event was to stress test the servers to the limit. Whatever you experienced can very well be just from server overload.

4. And lastly if you play the game without assets fully installed it will suck. Period.

I didn't know about the audio bug, but that would explain alot! :D I played the Closed Beta since feb and I loved every min of it CANT WAIT FOR THE RETAIL!

Rukian

Mar 12, 2012
I have 2 computers that can play D3 fine. My main rig (P2 x4 955BE, GTX 480) can run everything maxxed and never drop below 50fps. My second pc (kids pc) originally was a little laggy (GT7800), but still was playable. I upgraded the Video card to a cheap GTX 275 and it runs great, even cranked. The only bottleneck is the CPU, which is the absolute bottom Spec (Athlon x2 4200+). There are times when there is a bunch going on that the cpu pegs at 100% (both cores) for times and rarely gets below 80% while playing. Even with this, we can still play with all settings maxxed. This was on the beta, which they are saying was not optimized.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
I wouldn't consider it silly have you ever tried to run SC2 on an older PC ?

Runs on my desktop from 2005, which wasn't even great when I built it. Also runs on my laptop from 2008.

Please don't upgrade a gtx 580 for just diablo 3. That is dumb. :p

I'm not lol. I'm just building new rig in general this summer. Planning on getting a 680/670 and wanted to see the #s just for curiosity.

Mar 11, 2004
Looks about as expected (although I'm actually a bit surprised that even at high graphics settings the Intel CPUs don't have a noticeable gap). Will be interested to see how Ivy Bridge and Trinity fare, it'd be nice to have an ultrabook that could play it ok.

Definitely would like to see how SSDs affect performance too.