• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Diablo 2: Resurrected (remastered)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Well I caved and bought the $60 Prime Evil Collection......I LOVE D2 and have been playing off and on since it was launched. Hell I've been playing it again over the past year and half give or take and still having a good time.
Anyway, I guess I'll see when it releases how good it is.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Grim Dawn is superior in every way to Diablo everything. I'm a Diablo fan. But man, Grim Dawn is basically the spiritual successor that is the gritty, hordes of builds, lots of items, long playthrough game that anyone who loved Diablo would enjoy as an alternative that is updated and still relevant and expanding often.

Love Grim Dawn. I have too many hours in that game too. Probably not close to a decade plus of Diablo 2 time, but comparing the two without nostalgia, Grim Dawn is excellent and beats Diablo-anything.

Very best,
I wasn't a fan of grim dawn. It just didn't have the right feel to me. Can't really explain it same with Titan Quest (same dev IIRC).

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I was invited to join the technical alpha, which was only for the weekend. Overall, the game felt fairly polished to me, but to be fair, it was still a smaller slice. I believe it was only the Barbarian, Wizard, and Amazon available to play. I played the Barbarian, and up to the final quest in Act I. There were some minor visual anomalies that will likely be cleaned up later on. For example, when dual-wielding, the numbers displayed for both weapons overlap slightly, but they do not do this if you switch to the classic view. Speaking of the classic view, switching between classic and remastered view is pretty simple ('G' is the default key). It was pretty much instantaneous when switching to class view, but there is a very, very slight delay when switching to remastered view; it was maybe half a second.

One thing that I think might be a good change to consider is to provide the option to display helpful tool-tips. This could certainly help those that played Diablo III adjust to some of the changes, or just help those that may be new. (Especially considering we don't get game manuals anymore.) I think that you could just ask the player when they create their first character if they'd like helpful tool-tips or some sort of introduction to features. An example to this could be how some players may not realize that the game has a separate run button, or how spells are swapped into your right click rather than directly activated.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
It would be nice if they fixed Warcraft 3 reforged before releasing another re-mastering...

[DHT]Osiris

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2015
It would be nice if they fixed Warcraft 3 reforged before releasing another re-mastering...
Warcraft 3 reforged *is* the fixed version. These are the games that Blizzard makes now, and that's coming from someone who still plays them. I'd put a $20 on D2 'reforged' being a dumbed down version of D2.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Warcraft 3 reforged *is* the fixed version. These are the games that Blizzard makes now, and that's coming from someone who still plays them. I'd put a $20 on D2 'reforged' being a dumbed down version of D2.
Well multiplayer was completely broken the last time I tried playing it. Not just dumbed down, which it was, but broken as well. Complete lack of pride in their product like the Blizzard of old had.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Well, you can technically call it slightly dumbed down since Resurrected includes an option to reset talent/attribute points. (I'm not entirely sure if that's just for the technical alpha though.) However, I can attest from having played it that it is fairly faithful in all the right ways.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JPB PC Games 0

ASK THE COMMUNITY