DHL "Shipment on Hold." UPDATE

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Package is supposed to be in, but the DHL tracking tells me the shipment is on hold.
What does that mean exactly? Has the truck been pulled over by State Troopers?

*UPDATE*

Wow DHL. Just Wow. I have never had someone not able to find my address before. Perhaps they should invest in google maps.
Yes, that's right, my package was to be delivered yesterday, but DHL could not locate the address. This is the same address Fed Ex finds, ups finds, and even the damn postal service finds every day...lol.
But DHL, using state of their state of the art equipment (aka the north star and a box of hermit crabs) obviously could not find a simple address.
So now I have to drive 35 minutes to get to the DHL location and get the package myself.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It means DHL can't find it's ass with both hands, a flashlight, a GPS, and satellite imagery.

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
Maybe the package is waiting for a truck to be headed for the proper destination?

I really don't know as I've never seen that happen.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I think it means that ... the shipment ... is ... on hold.

Maybe it missed a truck somewhere, or came in too late, or was being shipped too quickly in their minds, so they put a hold on it. I love when my UPS packages sit in Austin for weekdays and then the weekend before being delivered on Monday. Great job guys! Keep it up ... yea. 57

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Originally posted by: K1052
It means DHL can't find it's ass with both hands, a flashlight, a GPS, and satellite imagery.

So I have been reading. Seems that DHL is the black sheep of delivery mail services.

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
Actually DHL shipped my stuff 2 days earlier than I expected it.

and for your question: the feds found your drugs! :Q

fisheerman

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem

So I have been reading. Seems that DHL is the black sheep of delivery mail services.

DHL is the worst company.

I have two packages in the last month that I have had to hassel with them on.

blah

-fish

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: swtethan
Actually DHL shipped my stuff 2 days earlier than I expected it.

and for your question: the feds found your homemade movies! :Q

Fixed ;)

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: fisheerman
Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem

DHL is the worst company.

I have two packages in the last month that I have had to hassel with them on.

blah

-fish

I had one they swore they delivered and wouldn't help on, so I disputed it with my CC. About 3 weeks later it shows up at my door :confused:

Sniper82

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Well sometimes if your local DHL gets the package earlier then unexpected delivery date they will sometimes hold it till that day.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Sniper82
Well sometimes if your local DHL gets the package earlier then unexpected delivery date they will sometimes hold it till that day.

Yea, I normally have to schedule around the delivery date posted, and it is inconvenient when it comes early or late. 63

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Safeway
Originally posted by: Sniper82

Yea, I normally have to schedule around the delivery date posted, and it is inconvenient when it comes early or late. 63

Yep. One of a few reasons they try to deliver on and only on the date planned. 44

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Well on the 16th it shows it is in my city, and Arrived at DHL facility.
On the 17th it shows it is in my city, and Arrived at DHL facility.
And now on the 18th, it shows it is in my city, and Arrived at DHL facility.

lol
It was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Seems there is some confusion as to who must drive to deliver it. I wonder who got the shortest straw, who lost rock paper scissors, and also who won the coin toss.

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
They're playing with your toys for a few days before they box them back up, say they got caught in a piece of automated equipment, and deliver them to you ;).

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Hey at least it diddn't go on a vacation like this:

FedEx Ground Ongoing Odyssey

Order a package from a place across town ( dist ~25 miles ), must be shipped FedEx Ground. Package so far travels ~4000 miles around western US and is still going.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
lol I love threads like this. DHL is by far the best shipping company for my area, but it seems that's not the case in many other areas. ;)

nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
my biggest problem is they don't deliver to my area, so they get it to my general area, and then DUMP THE PACKAGE AT THE POST OFFICE for it to go to my local PO. WTF, I pay for 2 day shipping, but then it takes 7 days to get here because they are idiots.

I won't actually ship DHL anymore when buying online.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Wow DHL. Just Wow. I have never had someone not able to find my address before. Perhaps they should invest in google maps.
Yes, that's right, my package was to be delivered yesterday, but DHL could not locate the address. This is the same address Fed Ex finds, ups finds, and even the damn postal service finds every day...lol.
But DHL, using state of their state of the art equipment (aka the north star and a box of hermit crabs) obviously could not find a simple address.
So now I have to drive 35 minutes to get to the DHL location and get the package myself.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
My apartment's office won't even sign for DHL packages for some reason. One time I had a package that they wouldn't let me pick up at the office because only the sender could make that request, so I had to pray that the next day I'd be home when the guy came around. If I wasn't, they would send it back after two failed delivery attempts. The next one, they would let me pick it up at the office. But although the tag said after 5PM, they said between 6PM and 6:30 (when the office closed for the night).

In my area, DHL=the suck

That said, I'm waiting on some headphones that have been with the USPS for more than 10 days now. :(