DFI or ABIT

EzEddie

Aug 21, 2003
I have an EPoX 8RDA+ right now, I am looking at going with a SATA drive. I have narrowed my choises on motherboard down to the DFI Lanparty Ultra B and the Abit NF7-S....i will bo overclocking but not too heavily, and I want the more stable motherboard. Which one will run SATA better? Also I dont see an optical output for sound on the DFI. Is this an option to add on like my 8RDA+? or would I be stuck with coax output only???

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Also I dont see an optical output for sound on the DFI. Is this an option to add on like my 8RDA+? or would I be stuck with coax output only???

It`s listed on the specs
1 S/PDIF connector for optical cable connection

Link .

Review here .

Not by a long chalk ;),IMHO I would go with the DFI LanParty B.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Two bad DFI boards in a row (NFII Infinity Ultra), both new and not refurbed and not modded in any way. That's my experience with DFI and I'll never patronize them again.

Sorry Mem but you couldn't give me a Lanparty right now. :(

bootoo

Apr 13, 2002
I have a new/used nf7-s v.2.0 sitting at my elbow as I type waiting to be installed. I had the same questions but a lot of folks here and on other forums told me I would have better luck stability-wise with this board; was severely tempted though with the dfi voltage options. Hmm, a nice vdimm would just bring out the best in my ch-5 memory for example, as opposed to 2.9 vdmm doing nothing to "unlock it" to crazy fsb's.

Anyway I went the safe route; the abit will I hope do better than my epox 8rda+ and still give me the stability I need. I just hope you find the right decision for you. For me, I want to spend the summer gaming with no headaches:D

EzEddie

Aug 21, 2003
what adapter do you use to use the optical outputs? I dont see anything of it on the DFI website??

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I have used a few DFI for work, and they have been kickass..

not sure about this particular model, but in all seriousness I'd run it in my system probably. never really been a huge fan of Abit sorry to say.