Device Driver Software Error - Solved

quakeworld

Aug 5, 2009
Hello. Just got this message right after booting into desktop:

Device Driver software was not successfully installed
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller x No Driver Found

At first I ignored it and played a few games but then all of a sudden my mouse and k/b locked up (while the game kept playing). The mouse and k/b still had power but was totally not responding.

So I do a hard reset, get the same message about the device driver and reentered the game. Lost my mouse and k/b again. Hard reset again and went into device manager this time.

Under Other Devices there's the yellow exclamation mark for Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller.

I right click to uninstall and played games without any problems.

I reboot to test and get the device driver software message again and if I don't uninstall it in device manager I get totally cut off from my mouse and k/b.

It would get tedious to go in device manager and have to uninstall the yellow marked usb controller everytime i use the computer. Windows won't find the drivers itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

am on win 7 ultimate 64 bit.

quakeworld

Aug 5, 2009
update: the mouse and k/b still get cut off even after uninstalling the unrecognized usb controller. happened just now while playing. what gives

quakeworld

Aug 5, 2009
turned out it was a defective usb mouse. weird how it could affect k/b and mouse and cause both to become unresponsive. i figured this out after i reformatted unfortunately. found a spare mouse laying around after i reformatted.