Development on Clinton Email Probe?

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
According to the Washington Post...

Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch will support the recommendations from prosecutors and others leading probes into the use of a private email server by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, a Justice Department official said.
I don't know what this means in political speech, but at least on the surface it seems significant for the criminal investigation of Clinton. Then again, I would be floored if there is an indictment against her.

A Justice Department official said the attorney general will accept the “determinations and findings of career prosecutors and lawyers as well as FBI investigators and director [James B.] Comey.” The official spoke on the condition of anonymity in advance of Lynch’s remarks. The New York Times first reported the expected Lynch comments.
It should be illegal for public officials to make anonymous comments on their work and their department's work. It always smells of political maneuvering, and doesn't serve the public. But again I don't know what the above political speak quote really means. Since the official announcement may come at the end of the month, which is just after the Democratic Convention, one might presume that it should be good news for Clinton. If it will be not good news, then wouldn't the political thing to do be to make an announcement before the Convention, and not be tied in with Clinton for president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ce6d8e-3f78-11e6-a66f-aa6c1883b6b1_story.html

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm just trying to follow what the right thinks here. Is lynch corrupt and bought and paid for by the Clintons? Or is it the FBI or the DOJ, that is corrupt and will never being charges because the Clintons are so powerful?
Or are they all corrupt if nothing happens? And if something does happen then does that mean none of the above was corrupt or are they still corrupt but there is some larger picture type stuff going on and a new theory will be laid out later?

But no matter what though the Clinton's are corrupt and so is the media because they don't cover the Clinton's corruption except when they do but if it was a Republican the media would be all over it because the media is corrupt even when they cover Clinton corruption.

Do I have it right? I know you guys have a flow chart. You guys always have flow charts and pictures and memes to refer to, so can you check my work?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Considering that there are reports that fbi agents, who were with lynch at this meeting, told reporters that they could not take pictures or record, it does not seem like the fbi can be an impartial party either.

Keep in mind, this isn't just about hillary. Bill runs the foundation, if there is corruption with foreign governments and such, he is could be just as guilty. The fbi investigation puts him under the umbrella also. That is why this is far more serious than some emails.

That she won't directly recuse herself or obama won't seek a special prosecutor, speaks volumes.

If anybody in the securities industry even had a fraction of this, even a fraction of mere appearance of impropriety, they'd be canned and their company sanctioned by the sec.

This is such a huge double standard.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yeah, it looks like I nailed it!

Considering that there are reports that fbi agents, who were with lynch at this meeting, told reporters that they could not take pictures or record, it does not seem like the fbi can be an impartial party either.

Keep in mind, this isn't just about hillary. Bill runs the foundation, if there is corruption with foreign governments and such, he is could be just as guilty. The fbi investigation puts him under the umbrella also. That is why this is far more serious than some emails.

That she won't directly recuse herself or obama won't seek a special prosecutor, speaks volumes.

If anybody in the securities industry even had a fraction of this, even a fraction of mere appearance of impropriety, they'd be canned and their company sanctioned by the sec.

This is such a huge double standard.

cyclohexane

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2005
Why didn't the GOP investigate Colin Powell when he was sec of State?

He used AOL mail for his emails for crying out loud. Where is the outrage?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

So tell me, how many emails were sent? How many over a private unsecured server? How many against federal rules?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
So tell me, how many emails were sent? How many over a private unsecured server? How many against federal rules?

Is there a cutoff on the amount of emails sent/received that were classified or used on a private server, that is deemed acceptable?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

We dont know. We need a investigation into it. Lets set up a death panel and give them 10 million dollars to look into it.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Is there a cutoff on the amount of emails sent/received that were classified or used on a private server, that is deemed acceptable?
If he sent and received classified information via AOL then he should be charged as well. Grasping at straws, in my view, pointing to Powell. He didn't do what Clinton did. There was no way to contact her when she was in office other than through her server. Powell used his .gov email most of the time.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Grasping at straws, in my view, pointing to Powell. He didn't do what Clinton did. There was no way to contact her when she was in office other than through her server. Powell used his .gov email most of the time.

And so what? How is that material? It is illegal to have a private email if there is no other way to contact you? Honestly, the knots a lot of you twist yourselves into.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Not just Powell, but Condalisa Rice as well.

The correct answer though is neither of them has the last name Clinton as thus aren't guilty of every heinous crime mankind has ever committed.

Lots & lots & lots of posters here aka Faux News devotees have trouble distinguishing between what is illegal and what is a violation of the employer's guidelines. In their world we would have the prisons full of Democrats who as some point wrote down their password.

It may drive the faithful, but the rest of the world wants you folks to give it a rest and start dealing with real issues and real problems.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
And so what? How is that material? It is illegal to have a private email if there is no other way to contact you? Honestly, the knots a lot of you twist yourselves into.
If you have evidence that Powell received classified information through his AOL account, please present it. He is NOT under investigation, your candidate is.

Him using his personal account occasionally is materially different than your candidate's exclusive use of a private server. She lied to a judge about turning over all her emails. She's going out, dust off your Bernie gear.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

The correct answer though is neither of them has the last name Clinton as thus aren't guilty of every heinous crime mankind has ever committed.

Lots & lots & lots of posters here aka Faux News devotees have trouble distinguishing between what is illegal and what is a violation of the employer's guidelines. In their world we would have the prisons full of Democrats who as some point wrote down their password.

It may drive the faithful, but the rest of the world wants you folks to give it a rest and start dealing with real issues and real problems.
Then you should be all for investigating them also. I am for it.

Apply the law fairly.

Glad we agree on that. Let's get hillary done first since it has the most current impact.

Agreed?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009

Neither of them diverted 100% of their work emails through their bathroom closet in a home brew server. She is being investigated by the FBI who is directed by an Obama appointee.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

That's actually covered in another thread. The charge that Colin Powell used AOL turned out to be greatly exaggerated, for Powell had (and used) his official State Department email system exclusively for business. The AOL account was his personal account. And yes, he had some classified emails on his State account as well.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
lol there aint gonna be no "developments". Come on. They can make a guy commit suicide by gunshot and have all blood magically vanish from the scene, and this frickin media will not say one word about it, and these stupid sheeple will not spend one brain cell to even consider what it means. (But they will spend 2 billion neurons processing goddam transgender bathrooms.) You really think a media that controlled, and an electorate that frickin stupid is ever going to know or care about her crimes or her lies? Ignorance is a drug. They only beg for mooooore.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Then you should be all for investigating them also. I am for it.

Apply the law fairly.

Glad we agree on that. Let's get hillary done first since it has the most current impact.

Agreed?

Yes, prison time for the hardened criminal who..(gasp!)...failed to follow newly implemented email procedures!!!! Maybe they can also find a video of her jaywalking or cutting the tags off mattresses.

The fact that conservatives are hanging their hat on weak sauce like this just proves that there's literally nothing on her. They don't like her because the Clintons have been making them look like idiots for years. Voters should be way more incensed about the millions wasted on these shenanigans. I bet we'll find out in November.