Aug 31, 2006
Looking for opinions here.

My current rig is

Core 2 Duo 2.40 GHz
4. GB Ram
Windows 7
DX 11
NVidia GeForce GTX 460

So all told, above the "Minimum" but not at the recommended level.

I also have both a 360 and PS3. Looking for suggestions. Since my PC is not a real powerhouse, would it be better to get the game on one of the consoles? Or will my PC do it justice?

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
The Geforce GTX 460 should be fine but the Core 2 Duo is a problem. Benchmarks have shown that dual cores have much lower performance in the game than quad core or hyperthreaded processors.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/deus-ex-human-revolution-performance-benchmark,3012-7.html

The dual core Tom's Hardware tested only got 33 frames per second average at 1280x720 (note: changing the resolution shouldn't further bottleneck the processor, it should be similar even at 1920x1080). And your Core 2 Duo (an E6600, I presume) is not as good as the dual core they tested (Phenom II X2).

Still, I would recommend the PC version. The consoles are locked to never go higher than 30 fps, and often drop below that. Also, you can't adjust the settings. If you get the PC version you can choose which settings fit best. Also, controls are superior on PC, IMO. It's a prequel to a classic PC game, and the PC version does it justice with how finely it was developed.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Thanks for the critical review. I played the original back in the day which is why I want to play the updated. But since I knew my system would not be optimal, I thought I would ask someone with more knowledge than I had.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
game played fine on my gtx260/216 and i7 920. i say OC your cpu a bit and go for it

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
PC. The hardware in current-gen consoles is old.

Unless you're looking at a title that was expressly built for a console and ONLY available on a console, get the PC version. They're a lot easier to debug and fix on your own when the manufacturer tells you to go screw.