Deus Ex Mankind Divided

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i love deus ex, it's my favorite game ever. DX:HR was also awesome.

if they explore some stuff like this in DX:MD and do it well, i think it'll be a winner

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
I wasn't too excited about Human Revolution, and this seems to be more of the same. I'll probably pass. Not digging the cheapo looking live action trailer either, the CG stuff for the first game looked better, IMO.

If these games allowed modding, even some small changes could really make them a lot better.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
I dislike these trailers with real people but really can't wait to play this game

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Protip: If integrating technology and Humans, don't connect the technology to the Internet.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Man...that looked REALLY cool...like I could see this becoming a...MOVIE!

Move over Assassin's Creed...

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I wasn't too excited about Human Revolution, and this seems to be more of the same. I'll probably pass. Not digging the cheapo looking live action trailer either, the CG stuff for the first game looked better, IMO.

If these games allowed modding, even some small changes could really make them a lot better.

HR had live action trailers as well.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
deus ex is the only story game I can actually finish anymore. The last one was fucking amazing. That level with the cyborg statues moving as they talked to you? I was like this is what its all about.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I loved HR and am definitely looking forward to this game, but the story seems to be entirely focused on human augmentation, judging by these trailers they have put out. The whole political philosophy angle of the first two Deus Ex games was basically absent in HR, and this looks set to continue that.

Also, it's funny how the augmentations in this universe are so obvious and visible. In reality, they try to make them look as close to natural as possible. :p

Last edited:

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
I just hope they don't dumb it down more than it already was.
It seems to be a pattern these days. :(

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
I really liked HR, more specifically I liked that it wasn't too noobed up to appease the console players, and the PC backlash right before launch saw to it that they added in what can only be described as a massive slew of options to turn off the idiotic highlighting, HUD elements and hand holding, which was fantastic response to the criticism of PC players. The first really only suffered from having oddly stupid bosses which I hear they outsourced (?) and the ending choice system was a bit of a cop out.

I was really pumped to see more of what they have to offer however the pre-order bonus nonsense is just somethign I can't support, this stupid "get more content if there's enough pre-orders" is just milking the system and essentially gating content and as gamers we absolutely should not support this. I dunno if their stance has changed but unless it has this will be a title I reserve for 2 years times when it's 4.99 in a steam sale.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
what area was that? for some reason i don't remember it.

Its the one male augmented dude and there are a bunch of statues of him and they are moving into different poses. And the main bad lady is telling you the plans and he is one of the statues,. really well done.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Its the one male augmented dude and there are a bunch of statues of him and they are moving into different poses. And the main bad lady is telling you the plans and he is one of the statues,. really well done.

It was a cool level. It reminded me of Blade Runner when Triss dresses up as a doll to surprise Deckard.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
I really liked HR, more specifically I liked that it wasn't too noobed up to appease the console players, and the PC backlash right before launch saw to it that they added in what can only be described as a massive slew of options to turn off the idiotic highlighting, HUD elements and hand holding, which was fantastic response to the criticism of PC players. The first really only suffered from having oddly stupid bosses which I hear they outsourced (?) and the ending choice system was a bit of a cop out.

I was really pumped to see more of what they have to offer however the pre-order bonus nonsense is just somethign I can't support, this stupid "get more content if there's enough pre-orders" is just milking the system and essentially gating content and as gamers we absolutely should not support this. I dunno if their stance has changed but unless it has this will be a title I reserve for 2 years times when it's 4.99 in a steam sale.
They did shut down all that pre-order nonsense, actually. ;) https://www.deusex.com/news/aypo-cancelled

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
What I really would like to know will it ever tie in to the original game, like seeing or even meeting characters from the 1st Deus Ex or they going to continue milking it by making few more games :). All we did see and only for a few seconds is Bob Page in the Human Revolution and that was in the the cut scene in the beginning of the game.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Meh. As a movie trailer, it looked awesome. As a game trailer, it looked like a notice of bad graphics to follow. Plus the last one was so freakin' dumbed down that I'll wait at least until there are gameplay videos and reviews up.