Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Confirmed to support DirectX 12 and TressFX 3.0

csbin

Feb 4, 2013
http://www.overclock3d.net/articles...irmed_to_support_directx_12_and_tressfx_3_0/1

Eidos-Montreal have announced that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will support both DirectX 12 and TressFX 3.0 in the developers new Dawn Engine, which is specifically developed to take advantage of the hardware inside modern consoles and PCs.

The Game will also be a part of AMD's Gaming Evolved Progra and will be taking advantage of other AMD branded features like TressFX technology and will be using Microdoft's DirectX 12 API.

VcvCq.jpg

Ufzop.jpg

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
This sounds like early work on an unfinished graphics engine and at least a couple or more years off, then the final release probably won't look anything like what they'll show at the E3 before it or they'll switch renders on us like they did with Witcher 3.
I'm not hyping over some claims of using a new tressfx and API. As long as they do away with that horrid amber colored everything lighting then I'd be happy.

wolf_squad

Dec 2, 2014
^ Dawn engine is based on Glacier, which is a finished engine already, so it might have more meat on its bones already.

they'll still have to support dx11 most likely, so I wouldn't get too excited. at the same time, that would be a useful test case for dx11 vs dx12.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Oooh, nice. I hope TressFX's usage is as extensive as Hairworks in Witcher 3, both because it will hopefully look good and so that we have a example to compare extensive implementations of TressFX and Hairworks and how they perform. TressFX's implementation in Tomb Raider was nice, but limited to Lara Croft's hair, so it's hard to compare the performance impact.

Shehriazad

Nov 3, 2014
^ Dawn engine is based on Glacier, which is a finished engine already, so it might have more meat on its bones already.

they'll still have to support dx11 most likely, so I wouldn't get too excited. at the same time, that would be a useful test case for dx11 vs dx12.

Can't wait for actual games that support both. We know that it's gonna be a lot better..but seeing "real world" comparisons is always nice.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
The game looks good I watched the trailer, I just hope AMD is still around by the time its released.

monstercameron

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2013
Gotta love that piss filter!
Also note that this is how you further the industry, using new industry standard tech.

Erenhardt

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2012
I think the amber lighting should stay. I liked it in DX:HR. Makes the world feel more high-tech.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
I just hope AMD is still around by the time its released.

We don't the need thread crapping here so if you have nothing better to add other than doom and gloom, you can leave the thread. Talk about the game and technology because what you said is thread crapping otherwise.

-Rvenger

Azix

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2014
i.e. it will run well and look good.

can't wait to see what dx12 can do for PC gaming. Hope the witcher 3 devs add it as well. This quote from them makes me optimistic we could get a much better looking witcher 3 this year or with expansion next year.

The billowing smoke and roaring fire from the trailer? "It's a global system and it will kill PC because transparencies - without DirectX 12 it does't work good in every game." So he killed it for the greater good, and he focused on making sure the 5000 doors in Novigrad worked instead.

and suggests what awesomeness we could expect from Deus Ex.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
Deus Ex Human Revolution wasn't a very cpu demanding game, so I don't know how much DX12 will give an advantage in this regard, but using Async shaders could have a large advantage with the post processing they do in the game, if they end up using the Async shader support.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I'm definitely looking forward to this. I don't care that much about the graphics, which has never been a strong point of the past Deus Ex games, but the game should be great.

The Director's Cut release of HR removed that yellow filter, although the game still looks kind of yellow. I like the game's art style but it's too futuristic compared to the first Deus Ex, which takes place later.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
HR supported DX9 and DX11, I wonder if this game is going to support DX11?

and is tressFX a PC only thing like hairworks on TW3, or is it used also on the consoles?

jamesgalb

Sep 26, 2014
I'd like to confirm my purchase :) Will be interesting to see how this game differs from DX11 to DX12.

Leadbox

Oct 25, 2010

and is tressFX a PC only thing like hairworks on TW3, or is it used also on the consoles?
They have Tress fx on Tomb raider console versions.

Erenhardt

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2012

Console hardware should run tressfx just fine. It is a matter of porting it, which shouldn't be too hard.

Ofc it depends if devs prioritize it over other graphical effects. Something will have to give. PS4 have about R8 270 gpu - some settings will have to be trimmed down.

They have Tress fx on Tomb raider console versions.

Thanks, I didn't know that

ThatBuzzkiller

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2014
I'm interested in the "More features TBA" part ...

Could it be new graphics features specific to the Fiji microarchitecture or a physics middleware for GPU accelerating the rest of the game ?

Either way I'm excited ...