Destiny 2 PC Discussion

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Despoiler

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2007
just bumping this thread - destiny 2 is free through november 18 to PC players. just need to sign up for a battle.net account if you don't have one already.

pretty neat game so far. great environments/music. was going to buy it launch day, but got discouraged by the fact that it had been out on consoles for weeks. now i have it for free, woooo!

I went ahead and claimed the free copy. I wasn't going to pay to play this with all of the issues. Supposedly a lot of stuff has been addressed. So far I'm having fun. The gunplay is good. The game looks good. The UI is console garbage. The load times are stupid and frequent although I have this installed on an NVME. Overall I can't complain too much for being free.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I went ahead and claimed the free copy. I wasn't going to pay to play this with all of the issues. Supposedly a lot of stuff has been addressed. So far I'm having fun. The gunplay is good. The game looks good. The UI is console garbage. The load times are stupid and frequent although I have this installed on an NVME. Overall I can't complain too much for being free.

yeah i agree, the UI is pretty terrible. it's needlessly complicated.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Yes, too much stuff not changed from console limitations would be the prime negative.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I played Destiny 2 on PC since it was available and never returned to the console version. The only major issue I had, which was resolved within a 2 day window tops, was an issue with AMD drivers on the Vega cards. Reaching a certain point on Nessus caused the game to CTD every time no matter what. Other than that though, smooth sailing. So much better with a mouse + kb imho

I still want to play Forsaken but not at $40

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I played Destiny 2 on PC since it was available and never returned to the console version. The only major issue I had, which was resolved within a 2 day window tops, was an issue with AMD drivers on the Vega cards. Reaching a certain point on Nessus caused the game to CTD every time no matter what. Other than that though, smooth sailing. So much better with a mouse + kb imho

Forsaken’s upgrade and gear system is terrible IMO. Materials farming to limit your ability to bring forward gear you actually like. I uninstalled it after playing for 30 minutes

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
That's rough. I did tend to stick with and continuously infuse the gear that I liked the best so that's pretty weak. I played the hell out of it on both PS4 and PC but the latter version at 1440p & 60fps+ was just a treat; everything else ended up being the icing on the cake. Was also a no-brainer for someone who appreciates the tidiness and reliability of Battle.net services.

Despoiler

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2007

Hah this CTD is still there.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Must be unrelated, because I was able to complete the game and its previous DLC packs no problem.

There was a whole thread on it on AMD's support site.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
When I was still using a nano, had a problem with release of the 1st DLC where I had to turn down FPS limit in game or it would crash or lock, cant remember which now.

Never had an issue on the 290x at 1200p.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
just bumping this thread - destiny 2 is free through november 18 to PC players. just need to sign up for a battle.net account if you don't have one already.

pretty neat game so far. great environments/music. was going to buy it launch day, but got discouraged by the fact that it had been out on consoles for weeks. now i have it for free, woooo!

oh dang, thanks!

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Might fire it up tonight since a lot of new players are likely to start flooding in. It's an easy game to jump back in to I'll give it that.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's pretty funny going into Crucible against Level 2 players.

/zin creates new character
/zin finds Capt Caveman hanging out wherever this is.

"Hi I just started and was wondering if you can help me. I saw a nice fire gun and wondered if you had one to give me. My boyfriend just dumped me and I'm pretty bummed."
"And lonely." :(

May 11, 2008
I downloaded the free give away copy of this game and i have to say, everything set to max and it looks fantastic. Running extremely smooth (at 1080p).
I have a lot of fun playing the single player mode game.