Destiny 2 PC Discussion

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
This game is pretty damn amazing on PC so far I have to say, aiming is smooth and transitioning from one enemy to another is fluid and accurate. If the loot and end game raid content is varied enough, I can see myself playing this quite a bit.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
if Bungie does anything better than the rest it's making fluid movement mechanics... i believe they even had a hand in Fallout 4

already ordered on PS4 but if you guys can stand by the PC version I will certainly consider it as well.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
if Bungie does anything better than the rest it's making fluid movement mechanics... i believe they even had a hand in Fallout 4

already ordered on PS4 but if you guys can stand by the PC version I will certainly consider it as well.
I was considering ps4 due to a larger community but there's just no way to go back now. Besides, fps games belong on pc with mb/mouse.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Not seeing the option to install through the app client launcher. What am I missing here? Nvm.. client updates were more than I thought.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I was considering ps4 due to a larger community but there's just no way to go back now. Besides, fps games belong on pc with mb/mouse.
Yeah I have a PS4 and played the beta a bit but it just didn't feel great and I lost interest and decided to wait for the PC beta to see how it felt before deciding if I wanted the game.

Now that i've played the PC beta for a good 4-5 hours at least, i'd say I will be for sure getting the game, and it will be on PC, there is no way to play on the PS4 after having played it on PC, it's levels beyond what the PS4 has to offer in my opinion.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
okay, I hadn't been charged for the PS4 pre-order so I canceled and played the PC beta... very happy with how it plays and it looks pretty nice, too!

i actually loved the first Destiny on PS4 despite the grind-y nature after the story was complete and how the player count dropped off significantly after you reached a certain level. the DLC was also a bit heavily priced but I said screw it and just got the DLC pass this time around. pretty excited for this now I must say.

now if I can get my Vega card I will be quite satisfied, but the RX 480 plays it pretty damn smooth on the FSync 34" and AA turned off. really visually pleasing.

UglyDuckling

May 6, 2015
So maxed it out at 1080P 75hz on my R9 Fury with Vsync on...

Glorious simply glorious, shows my CPU is no where close to being "old" yet.. well it is but ti's performance is still top tier for gaming, at least for my uses.

One side though i found the combat to be TOO easy and the jumping jet pack mechanic is not very intuitive but small gripes, enjoyed what i have played so far.

Video of me playing it.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
So maxed it out at 1080P 75hz on my R9 Fury with Vsync on...

Glorious simply glorious, shows my CPU is no where close to being "old" yet.. well it is but ti's performance is still top tier for gaming, at least for my uses.

One side though i found the combat to be TOO easy and the jumping jet pack mechanic is not very intuitive but small gripes, enjoyed what i have played so far.

Video of me playing it.

Looks fun. Is it primarily a PvE game? It looked mostly solo for most of it as well, is that normal? Or is it designed as a solo/coop experience with some larger-scale PVE stuff later? (I thought D1 was like that, never played it).

Last edited:

UglyDuckling

May 6, 2015
Looks fun. Is it primarily a PvE game? It looked mostly solo for most of it as well, is that normal? Or is it designed as a solo/coop experience with some larger-scale PVE stuff later? (I thought D1 was like that, never played it).

PvE and PvP

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
the one mission after the prologue is quite linear, but i think it's just a primer.

wish we could play more of it before the beta ends it was a 16GB download. does anyone know if enemies will be dropping items besides ammo like in the first game?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Compared to the PS4 beta the enemies are really easy, in the PS4 beta even small guys felt like bullet sponges compared to the PC beta. I think they're still playing with the PVE balancing.

I hope they don't get too crazy with the sponginess. Borderlands 2 felt way too awkward compared to the original given how spongy enemies became during later playthroughs.

Batmeat

Feb 1, 2011
For those of you that have played it, is it like Destiny 1 in the sense you gota farm events to obtain gear from Xur?

I'm still debating whether to get the PC version or Xbox version. Sold my Xbox One...holding out for Scorpio.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
there isn't really enough of the game playable to answer that yet... and it rolls into my previous question since the enemies only drop ammo and orbs in the Beta; the only loot is at the very end.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Still haven't seen non digital preorders yet. From what ive read so far, some who were mostly console are conflicted after playing pc version.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
if you select the non-digital preorder on Bungie website the artbox (most likely just a placeholder) states that it's a digital download only... which makes sense seeing as though it requires battle net to play. so, basically you'd wait on a physical box with no disk.

i stopped buying physical copies of PC games years ago but I do prefer them for consoles. I sort of forgot that there was exclusive PS4 stuff though, opps.

Chacotako

Apr 29, 2001
Hey all, I know it's early, but I was hoping someone familiar with the game could give me some answers. I picked Destiny up a long time ago (some TTK bundle or deal). I had fun for awhile, but at end game felt it to be very repetitive. It brought me back to my WoW days of completing my dailies and felt like a chore. Have there been any changes to end game content? (More to do/diversity) Maybe I just went about things completely wrong? What do you guys think?

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Been running it maxed out at 3440*1440

Smooth sailing looks and plays fantastic

That is my res as well. What cpu/gpu are you on? I've gotten the latest NV drivers for this, but its made BF1 a stuttery mess.