Despite threatening to mount legal challenges to the AZ bill Holder has not read it

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Despite repeatedly voicing concerns about Arizona's new immigration enforcement law in recent weeks and threatening to challenge it, Attorney General Eric Holder said Thursday he has not yet read the law, which is only 10 pages long.

"I have not had a chance to -- I've glanced at it," Holder said at a House Judiciary Committee hearing when asked had he read the state law cracking down on illegal immigrants.

So a glance was enough for him to make the rounds of the Sunday talk shows and talk about legal challenges to the bill? Is it really too much to expect the Attorney General of the US to actually read a bill before he slams it?

Holder Admits to Not Reading Arizona's Immigration Law Despite Criticizing It

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
10 pages? Hell, even I could read that and not fall asleep. What a bag of ass-cheeks.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
So quite obviously the boss, (Rahm, Axelrod, Jarrett, Obama?) told him what to think and like a good little soldier he noted the talking points and blurted them out when the cord was pulled on his back.

It's pure ignorance on their part to get called out on something like this. They're either not covering their tracks due to ignorance or contempt. Pick whichever suits your ideology.

dammitgibs

Jan 31, 2009
3374912119_bd536510d3.jpg

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
LOL. I can at least understand why people didn't read the 2000 page health care bill (because they were too lazy) but a 10 page law?

Really?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Pretty sad when the Attorney General is acting like a libtard internet poster.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
maybe he can't read??? waiting for an audio book of the law? seriously? yet another epic fail by the current regime.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
maybe he can't read??? waiting for an audio book of the law? seriously? yet another epic fail by the current regime.

I guess he was too busy appearing on television shows rather than you know, doing what he's paid to do.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Ah, you boys ever heard of staffs? The Attorney General's office has plenty of attorneys. I'm sure he has already assigned one or more to do an in depth analysis of it.

BTW, even a semi-competent attorney can spend three minutes looking at that law and come to the conclusion that it is an unconstitutional POS. Absent an activist ruling from a "conservative" court ala Roberts and Scalia that law is doomed to failure. But past Supreme Courts have given their blessings to Jim Crow laws and Japanese internment camps, heck even a 5-4 selection of a US President by judicial fiat, so anything is possible.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This guy is making the previous admins AGs look intelligent. Every week something stupid is spoken from his mouth.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Ah, you boys ever heard of staffs? The Attorney General's office has plenty of attorneys. I'm sure he has already assigned one or more to do an in depth analysis of it.

It's ten pages.

BTW, even a semi-competent attorney can spend three minutes looking at that law and come to the conclusion that it is an unconstitutional POS. Absent an activist ruling from a "conservative" court ala Roberts and Scalia that law is doomed to failure. But past Supreme Courts have given their blessings to Jim Crow laws and Japanese internment camps, heck even a 5-4 selection of a US President by judicial fiat, so anything is possible.

Have you read it? If you think it's unconstitutional perhaps you can point out exactly the lines in it that are so. If not you're just an idiot parroting liberal bullshit.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

Oh really?

When asked by Rep.Ted Poe, R-Texas, how he could have constitutional concerns about a law he has not read, Holder said: "Well, what I've said is that I've not made up my mind. I've only made the comments that I've made on the basis of things that I've been able to glean by reading newspaper accounts, obviously, television, talking to people who are on the review panel...looking at the law."

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
When asked by Rep.Ted Poe, R-Texas, how he could have constitutional concerns about a law he has not read, Holder said: "Well, what I've said is that I've not made up my mind. I've only made the comments that I've made on the basis of things that I've been able to glean by reading newspaper accounts, obviously, television, talking to people who are on the review panel...looking at the law.
:eek:

I know many of the righties around here are extreme in their criticism of this admin, but jesus h christ, wtf is wrong with these douche-nozels Obama has surrounded himself with?! It's a 10 page bill, fry crying out loud! I managed to read both the original AND the modified laws, in their entirety, before making any post on the subject; but, the god-damned U.S. AG can't bother to digest those whopping 10 pages before making his objections and concerns the centerpiece of his weekend sound bites!?

Holder is fucking despicable.

We are so seriously fucked in this country...

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
So the folks in Arizona spent weeks explaining the bill and you nitwits assume that they didn't explain it enough so he knew what it was about? You think he's as retarded as the tea-baggers?

Maybe they didn't send him an official copy yet but he has formed an opinion already from available info and expressed his views.And you find fault and express it in the harshest terms.

Pretty easy to see who the jerks are.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
It's ten pages.

Have you read it? If you think it's unconstitutional perhaps you can point out exactly the lines in it that are so. If not you're just an idiot parroting liberal bullshit.

Yes I've read it. Send me a PM so we can work out a fee arrangement and I'll send you a private professional opinion of it. If you want my thumbnail conclusion, see the POS reference you left out of my original posting.

Last edited: