DeSantis is now into human trafficking

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Newsome asks AG Garland to investigate.

FcuE0h_aIAMhVQ3
Of course, why shouldn't Gov. Powergrid try to continue the use of the DOJ against political opponents.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I think the legal classification is illegal alien. They are not migrants. You having any shred of intelligence seems to be illegal. It shouldn't be the case but you seem to defy the odds. If nothing else, you can at least take away the fact that you don't let the odds stand in your way.

Hey cult boy, the definition was given to you already and you wrong.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Of course, why shouldn't Gov. Powergrid try to continue the use of the DOJ against political opponents.
California has been able to keep the lights on. How did Texas do last year? Got a little chilly and their system froze up. Saw the new episode for The Grand Tour last night and in Norway during winter the wind turbines were still working. So I guess the line that wind turbines don’t work in the cold is a lie. Pretty much like every post you make here.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
It’s not that he spent lots of taxpayer money trying to hurt people, it’s that he spent lots of taxpayers money and failed to hurt any of people he was trying to hurt.

Since his base only exists in the Fox News bubble, they’ll never find out that the migrants came out of this situation living better than many Florida voters. It doesn’t compute that people who are compassionate about fellow human beings actually want to see the poor get housed. Conservatives will never find out that no "libs" were actually "owned" in this stunt.

I can’t see anything that would change these dynamics, so these cows will never stop crying to be milked, and Republicans will always be there to milk them.

People in Martha’s Vineyard aren’t the intended audience for this show. The intended audience are voters in Texas and Florida that Abbott and DeSantis are trying to impress. DeSantis says "he will continue to protect Florida". It’s not about any real threat. It’s political theater where you tell voters (the easy marks) that they have an enemy out there and he's protecting them from that enemy.

They weren’t even flying from Florida. They where dumped on a northeast island offseason without notifying anybody there. This wasn't a "good troll" it was a dick move and he looks like a dick for doing it

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Conservatives can excuse any crime they commit simply by telling themselves the other side is worse. They do this by focus on the fact that crimes against evil people is a form of virtue. All that is needed is a profound capacity to deny their own self hate by projection onto others. Such worship of the oppressor is the definition of Stockholm Syndrome.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
California has been able to keep the lights on. How did Texas do last year? Got a little chilly and their system froze up. Saw the new episode for The Grand Tour last night and in Norway during winter the wind turbines were still working. So I guess the line that wind turbines don’t work in the cold is a lie. Pretty much like every post you make here.

I think it was a compliment? Conservatives are SOOO bad at satire. None of it makes sense. CA has brought over 3000 MW of BESS (battery storage) online in the past couple of years. Greatly helped in avoiding blackouts this past heatwave.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I think it was a compliment? Conservatives are SOOO bad at satire. None of it makes sense. CA has brought over 3000 MW of BESS (battery storage) online in the past couple of years. Greatly helped in avoiding blackouts this past heatwave.
If you're referring to Brandonbull's post, no he was being serious. Except conservatives constantly self-own in addition to making blatantly false implications (like the DoJ targeting trump. No, just don't fuck with the feds).

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
This would be hilarious:

Give them all citizenship (or at least green cards) and bus them back to FL and TX.

That would still mean using people as props. Would still violate Kant's categorical imperative just as the original deception did. Though I suppose if they were given a genuine choice as to where they wanted to go and they chose those destinations, it might not fall foul of that.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I think the legal classification is illegal alien. They are not migrants. You having any shred of intelligence seems to be illegal. It shouldn't be the case but you seem to defy the odds. If nothing else, you can at least take away the fact that you don't let the odds stand in your way.
I know other's have already pointed out your stupidity.. but lets put that blatant stupidity aside, lets say you are not being a complete idiot as usual, and run with the idea that they are truly illegal aliens as you claim. Or rather, lets cultivate your stupidity and see just how stupid you really are:

1) Do you support what Desantis did?

2) Based on your past arguments about illegal aliens, Do you agree that Desantis is now part of the illegal alien underground, helping them illegals to stay in they country illegally, since he did not ship them back to their own country, but rather helped them remain in this country illegally, since claim they are illegal aliens? Why/why not? (see next question)

3) Since you are going to say no, this does not make him part of the underground, and try and claim he is not helping them stay in the country, by trying to manipulate and twist your way out of that argument, How is shipping these "illegal aliens" to another state not violate your conservative views on illegal aliens and the laws that govern the handling of those "illegal aliens"? How is he not helping them stay in the country since he did not ship them back to their country or at minimum put them in jail?

3)Now that you have attempted to manipulated and twisted your way out of question #2 and #3, using your normal fucked up logic: Specifically what laws support Desantis sending these "illegal Aliens" to another state, without breaking any of the laws governing illegal aliens.. if they are illegal aliens?

4)Are they really illegal aliens, or rather legal immigrants waiting for trail? (come on, you know there is only one answer that the law even remotely supports, without getting into human trafficking aspect of it.. time for you to be honest for a change)

5)Are you going to be man enough to even answer the above questions, or are you going to be the little bitch you always are and not respond?

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I know other's have already pointed out your stupidity.. but lets put that blatant stupidity aside, lets say you are not being a complete idiot as usual, and run with the idea that they are truly illegal aliens as you claim. Or rather, lets cultivate your stupidity and see just how stupid you really are:

1) Based on your past arguments about illegal aliens, Do you agree that Desantis is now part of the illegal alien underground, helping them illegals to stay in they country illegally, since he did not ship them back to their own country, but rather helped them remain in this country illegally, since claim they are illegal aliens? Why/why not? (see next question)

2) Since you are going to say no, this does not make him part of the underground, and try and claim he is not helping them stay in the country, by trying to manipulate and twist your way out of that argument, How is shipping these "illegal aliens" to another state not violate your conservative views on illegal aliens and the laws that govern the handling of those "illegal aliens"? How is he not helping them stay in the country since he did not ship them back to their country or at minimum put them in jail?

3)Now that you have attempted to manipulated and twisted your way out of question #1 and #2, using your normal fucked up logic: Specifically what laws support Desantis sending these "illegal Aliens" to another state, without breaking any of the laws governing illegal aliens.. if they are illegal aliens?

4)Are they really illegal aliens, or rather legal immigrants waiting for trail, which is the actual truth?

5)Are you going to be man enough to even answer the above questions, or are you going to be the little bitch you always are?
Word salad about Obama incoming from brandonbull

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The opening words of your article are a lie; why would you bother reading past that?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Yeah Right:
Man, I can't imagine what organization would have infrastructure in place to rapidly setup food and shelter resources for people, especially in unexpected scenarios.

Can you think of any? Maybe they even prepare for these events and have personnel dedicated to specific functions to ensure operational readiness?

I wonder what organization might have all that ...hmmmm....

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Are Florida taxpayers happy to pay to move migrants from Texas to Massachusetts, which is same distance to Florida?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

That's hilarious. California is STILL suffering because of laws passed and policies enacted by Pete Wilson in the 90's when he championed electrical deregulation at the behest of his pals at San Diego Gas and Electric, LA Water and Power, and others...right up until those big utilities saw their customer base abandoning them enmasse for energy bought from outside providers, and they could only charge minimal wheeling charges. That also led to the blackouts/brownouts that ended up fueling Gray Davis's recall...which got California Ah-Nold Schwartzenactor elected.
I'm not a fan of Newsome. I thought he was a piece of shit when he was one of the SF Board of Supervisors...but he certainly can't be blamed for CA's electrical problems.

Reactions: hal2kilo