Dems look to limit state restrictions on abortions

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Regarding who should be financially responsible for an infant, because abortion is available, the woman makes the decision 100% as to whether or not to give birth. Thus, if a man who is not married to the woman does not want to be responsible, he needs to merely pay for the costs of an abortion and be done with it. If the woman wants to carry the fetus to term that's her business, but she'd then be fully responsible for caring for the infant.

Many men don't even provide a couple hundred for an abortion, it's basically an epidemic for inner cities. That's okay though, Democrats are there to advocate that other more responsible citizens pay for either the abortion or to raise the children.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
Were you absent the day they explained conception? Men impregnate women, men have the primary responsibility to prevent conception.

Maybe Nehalem was teaching class that day.

Many men don't even provide a couple hundred for an abortion, it's basically an epidemic for inner cities. That's okay though, Democrats are there to advocate that other more responsible citizens pay for either the abortion or to raise the children.

"other more responsible citizens"

Heh. I giggled. Everyone from poor man to rich man is always asking the government for something. Don't kid yourself.

Anyone who claims they are "pro-life" should have a vested interest in what happens to that child after birth, otherwise you aint pro-life, you pro-birth.

Last edited:

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
We have tons of neglected kids, that were born. Why don't you help them first?

-John

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Or, help them better.

It's all a tragic story, but worrying about unborn kids is just stupid, in my opinion, when you could worry about born kids.

-John

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Regarding who should be financially responsible for an infant, because abortion is available, the woman makes the decision 100% as to whether or not to give birth.

Answer me one question.

When it comes to rights, are all people created equal?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
All people are created equal, if you took part in sexual intercourse that results in a pregnancy you are equally responsible for supporting and caring for the child after it's born until the child has reached the age of 18 and has graduated high school. It's not that difficult to understand.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
All people are created equal, if you took part in sexual intercourse that results in a pregnancy you are equally responsible for supporting and caring for the child after it's born until the child has reached the age of 18 and has graduated high school. It's not that difficult to understand.

So you are opposed to adoption?:whiste:

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Nope, not at all. If the woman decides to put up the child for adoption that's her decision however, if she doesn't the man is equally responsible for supporting the child as he was part of creating the child.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It's amazing that no matter how many times they are told that both parents share an equal responsibility for the child at every step they continue to try and ignore that simple fact.

No baby? No responsibility for anyone.
Baby? Responsibility for both parents.
Adopted baby? Responsibility for the adopting parents, no responsibility for the original parents.

Always the same, every time, every place. Equality for all.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
It's amazing that no matter how many times they are told that both parents share an equal responsibility for the child at every step they continue to try and ignore that simple fact.

Adopted baby? Responsibility for the adopting parents, no responsibility for the original parents.

Equal responsibility without equal choice isn't equality dumbass.

Its like saying that if some Islamic shithole throws a rapist and a rape victim in jail its equal since they both engaged in non-marital sex.

Equal responsibility for unequal actions isn't equal.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

Exactly, I can't see how anyone could get confused with this simple concept.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

We aren't confused. We simply aren't ignoring half the equation. Namely the actions that result in said responsibility.

Rubbing your dick around for 10 minutes is a vastly different action than choosing to carry a fetus for 9 months.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010

There is a difference between concept and application.

The theory that both parents should be responsible is fine, now make the mother get a job and provide health insurance just like the dad is forced to do.

If the mother does not get a job, put her in jail.

Now that would be equal treatment under the law.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
There is a difference between concept and application.

The theory that both parents should be responsible is fine, now make the mother get a job and provide health insurance just like the dad is forced to do.

If the mother does not get a job, put her in jail.

Now that would be equal treatment under the law.

You're trying to make this a mom/dad thing when it is actually a custodial parent/non-custodial parent thing.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
When you carry a child to full term you get to decide what to do. Funny how you're a pro-lifer but want to shirk your responsibility after the child is born.

He doesn't actually care about being pro-life or pro-choice (if you're talking about nehalem). In one thread he actually argued that the police should be able to arrest women and forcibly abort their fetuses.

His only concern is attacking women, because he's a psycho.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
When you carry a child to full term you get to decide what to do. Funny how you're a pro-lifer but want to shirk your responsibility after the child is born.

And you should bare responsibility for that choice.

It seems like it is actually pro-choicers that want to shirk half their responsibility.

*SHRILL VOICE* WHY WON'T MEN TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY CHOICES :rolleyes:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And you should bare responsibility for that choice.

It seems like it is actually pro-choicers that want to shirk half their responsibility.

*SHRILL VOICE* WHY WON'T MEN TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY CHOICES :rolleyes:

*SHRILL VOICE* WHY WON'T YOU LET ME NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY CHOICES :rolleyes:

There we go. All fixed!

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
He doesn't actually care about being pro-life or pro-choice (if you're talking about nehalem). In one thread he actually argued that the police should be able to arrest women and forcibly abort their fetuses.

His only concern is attacking women, because he's a psycho.

I already am aware of this, he's the president of the new age he man woman haters club.

That was directed to Texashiker.