dems demanding ANOTHER recount by HAND

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
read about it

here's a snipet

<< Florida?s Pinellas County launched a second recount after the first one produced a swing of more than 400 votes to Gore. The large swing, which would reduce Bush?s lead to some 400 votes, was due in part to around 400 ballots that workers failed to count on election night. >>

real quick, what kind of idiots do they have counting votes that they FORGOT to cout 400 votes!

SHEESH!

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
They can recount a hundred times, all it will do is make Bore look more ridiculous than he already does. He lost. It's time for him to go gracefully in to the night.

Russ, NCNE

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
the man just wont let go! he lost the election already and little by little he's loseing what little respect americans had for him by pursuing this ridiculous measure in florida...

KMurphy

Golden Member
May 16, 2000
I never had respect for him, mainly because of that bitch Tipper.

LOL at those old Twisted Sister videos.

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000
400 votes were missed? And all 400 were for Gore?

I think that means either:

a) Something stinks and 400 Gore votes were separated and deliberately ignored on election night. (R conspiracy)

OR

b) Something stinks and 400 new &quot;magic&quot; Gore votes have appeared just in time for the recount. (D conspiracy)

Either way, something stinks! I don't believe that a box of votes was missed and oops! They just happen to be all for Gore!

Thats it! I'm voting Alliance! Oh... wait.... ;)

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Red,

Will you please quit changing your damned icon! You're confusing me.

Russ, NCNE

Great, we should know who won this election by the 2004 election!

I wonder if Slick Willy gets to hang out in office in the meantime.

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
Right on murph! (if i can call you that)

remember that s'hit with parental advisory lables! what a bitch!

tipper....tipamydick ;)

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, gosh darn... It's only the Presidency of the United States of America. :eek:

You might want to pay attention to the fact that there are some real questions, here, and in this particular case, the answers make a serious difference.

1. Over 9,000 ballots in Palm Beach were screwed up because they mistakenly punched two entries on the &quot;butterfly&quot; ballot. Another 20,000 or so voters claim that the same poorly organized ballot resulted in their vote being mistakenly cast for Buchanan.

2. Even more ballots were miscounted, one way or another, because the punch hole residue was not cleanly removed by the voting machine. We know this is true, because both candidates have recieved more votes in the recount than from the first results. This is certainly not the fault of the voters, and it is no excuse to disenfrancise them by not counting their votes.

That is an exceptional number of screw ups. With a mere 1,800 vote spread in the first results, it is certainly big enough to raise questions as to why these things happened and to verify that at least some of those voters were not denied the right to vote for reasons other than their own mistake.

3. Gore won the popular vote. Until that is changed by a Constitutional Ammendment, the electoral vote is the one that counts. Gore has stated publically that he will accept the verified result, but if the shoe were on the other foot, would any of you Republican whiners be willing to accept a result when there were legitimate questions about their validity?

Stop your fsking whining, and get real! No matter which side you're on, there will be plenty to piss and moan about, once we have the verified, legitimate results.

KMurphy

Golden Member
May 16, 2000
That's what everyone calls me anyway, no problem

I remember when the PMRC thought John Denver would be a patsy and go against the really hard music but he supported the artists. Titters was pissed.

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< Another 20,000 or so voters claim that the same poorly organized ballot resulted in their vote being mistakenly cast for Buchanan. >>

I think your numbers are off, Harv. Total Buchanon vote in Florida: 17,463.

:)

Rob

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Bush is about to make a news statement. I could understand him being miffed. I think he should take the high ground and support a re vote to clear the air.If he is confident he deserves to win,it should not matter and he will.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Rob -- <<I think your numbers are off, Harv. Total Buchanon vote in Florida: 17,463.>>

Hey! It's about as accurate as the Florida vote count. When the difference in the count stands at fewer than a thousand votes, what's a few thousand votes more or less between Presidents? ;)

That is exactly my point. When it comes to something as important as the Presidency, it's worth the time to get it right. Otherwise, how can you call it a democracy?

Chill, folks. If you voted, you've already done your part. If you didn't vote, you have given up your right to gripe, and unless you live in Florida, nothing you can do is going to change the outcome. :)

abracadabra1

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 1999
sheesh..this is such a mess.
but to me it's well worth it- in the end gore will win.

bush is an idiot. he can barely speak his native language.
go gore!
(even though neither one will be actually able to get anything done during their time in the white house)

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
incorect magic man,

if bush is elected with the republican controled congress the plenty can be accompished