Democrats need an exit strategy for the primary

Deudalus

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2005
Democrats have the world concerned and worried about us because of this primary war.

Obama's mixed messages during the debate and afterwards to a Canadian politician on NAFTA has the Canadians concerned.

Europe is concerned because Hillary can't decide whether she is saber rattling or playing peacenik.

Both of these Democrats went into this primary unilaterally with no exit strategy what so ever and its very obvious by all the heated rhetoric (and that crazy ass stabbing between family members) that Hillary and Obama had plans for the invasion but not the occupation of this primary.

I think both Obama and Hillary owe it to the American people to give them a timetable for withdrawal from this primary.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Deudalus
Obama's mixed messages during the debate and afterwards to a Canadian politician on NAFTA has the Canadians concerned.

I think the Canadians already know election rhetoric when they hear it.

I think their big concern should be about how their internal confidential State Dept memo's got leaked to another country. And another county's "private citizen" at that. (Hillary campaign officials are not government employees.)

Of course, coulda been leaked by our State Dept to Hillary's campaign. Still, that's cause for concern to the Canadians anyway. How did our State Dept get it?

Fern

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Maybe if the Canadians didn't sabotage Obama then this would have been decided yesterday.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Lets face the facts, Hillary hit that home run that everyone was saying she could hit on March 4, and this can't be wrapped up by either side in the more normal Primary and Caucus process. Two strong and similar democratic candidates going for the democratic nomination only one can win. If times change which they may well might, the repubs are stuck with McCain but the democrats are always free to choose the one best fitting changing times.

And while McCain is sitting without a soapbox, the dems will be in the news and getting free publicity. And can agree on McCain bashing.

Tell me again, why is that is a liability?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Lets face the facts, Hillary hit that home run that everyone was saying she could hit on March 4, and this can't be wrapped up by either side in the more normal Primary and Caucus process. Two strong and similar democratic candidates going for the democratic nomination only one can win. If times change which they may well might, the repubs are stuck with McCain but the democrats are always free to choose the one best fitting changing times.

And while McCain is sitting without a soapbox, the dems will be in the news and getting free publicity. And can agree on McCain bashing.

Wouldn't that spin be nice if it were true.

Obama needs to identify Hillary as the self-aggrandizing traitor she is. He needs to publicly thank Hillary for McCain, who is too dishonest to do so, for campaigning for him.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Lemon law

No "home run". Hillary hit a bunt that got her to first base. She can't score on her own and is too far behind to catch up. She'll need the "umps" to override the score and call the game in her favor.

Why is it (a drug-out Dem primary) a liability?

If ATP&N is any measure, and it looks to be, a lot of animosity is developing among Dems. The question is, who you gonna piss off? Old white women, or blacks, young people & independants? Tough choice.

Are Obama & Hillary gonna play kissy for the next 3 months? Unlikely, I'm betting they'll beat each other up. I say things are going "low road", at least Clinton will. We'll see if obama bites. All the while blowing tons of money for a delegate here or there.

Meanwhile McCain gets to lay back, build up his organization. Recruit people/volunteers/ staff. Raise and save money.

He's got time to get stronger, his staff can rest (not unimportant), work on his message, do some polling, take the ammo Clinton and Obama provide and plan attack ads against whomever prevails. They're both working for him now, and for free.

IMO, this latest turn in the Dem primary is a huge advantage, no a gift, to McCain. IDK if it's enough, but he couldn't ask for more. OK, he could - the DNC just needs to overturn the primary votes/caucuses and hand the nomination to Hillary. I can't think of a better way to discredit their party - Look ma, the Democrats aren't even democratic! Talk about creating "trust" issues among the electoriat, jeez.

Fern

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Fern is correct. These two douchebags fighting it out, dragging each other through the mud and spending money hand over fist for the next few months is a godsend to McCain. Who needs the time to get things in order. If Obama won lastnight and Hillary quit. It would be Obama vs McCain today and the slaughter would have commenced.