Democrats: Fighting HARD for the 1% - No Vote For Infrastructure Unless they Repeal SALT Cap

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
You really should look at the history. Considering how slim majority Democrats currently have in Congress, it's highly unlikely they will hold on to the Congress. As for Senate, yes they might very well hold on to it and maybe even add 1 or 2 seats. With that being said, without controlling both chambers, there is not much they can accomplish.
They are probably just going to jerry mander the house districts in New York, Illinois, Minnesota, California, Colorado, and Washington, to make up for the Republican jerry mandering.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
They are probably just going to jerry mander the house districts in New York, Illinois, Minnesota, California, Colorado, and Washington, to make up for the Republican jerry mandering.
California, New York, Illinois will be losing 1 congressional seat. Texas is gaining 2 seats and I believe Florida 1. With the way census is swinging, it's nearly impossible for Democrats to hold on to their power in Congress.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Your mean that thing Trump put in place just to fuck with blue states? Of course the OP would be in favor of that.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
California, New York, Illinois will be losing 1 congressional seat. Texas is gaining 2 seats and I believe Florida 1. With the way census is swinging, it's nearly impossible for Democrats to hold on to their power in Congress.
Uhhhhh... People have been moving into Minnesota, Washington, and Oregon, and probably those states will gain electoral votes and seats. I also heard that some red states are loosing electoral votes and maybe seats as well.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Uhhhhh... People have been moving into Minnesota, Washington, and Oregon, and probably those states will gain electoral votes and seats. I also heard that some red states are loosing electoral votes and maybe seats as well.
"Based on the official counts of the 2020 Census, Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, California, and West Virginia will each lose one seat, Texas will gain two seats, and Florida, North Carolina, Colorado, Oregon, and Montana will each gain one seat. "

Nov 8, 2012
"Based on the official counts of the 2020 Census, Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, California, and West Virginia will each lose one seat, Texas will gain two seats, and Florida, North Carolina, Colorado, Oregon, and Montana will each gain one seat. "

SHHHHHHHHHHH

Let them keep living in blissful ignorance.

i mean - YES MY fellow Democrats. PLEASE keep continuously raising taxation in all forms. It DEFINITELY doesn't have negative implications ;)

Reactions: weblooker2021

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
So two red states loose a seat (Ohio and West Virginia), two blue states will gain a seat (Colorado and Oregon), with one ehh could go either way seat (Florida). That means either 0 or 1 seats gained for Democrats and Republicans are gaining 2 or 3 seats. Looks like not a biggie to me, Democrats can afford to loose two or three seats.

Note I used gain loss math above, if you use regular math, the difference in the new apportionment become either 2 or 3 more seat for Republicans. That is because with Ohio and West Virginia loosing a seat, basically the seat gain of North Carolina and Montana don't make a difference. Furthermore, the seat loss in Pennsylvania and New York becomes nothing, due to the seat gains in Colorado and Oregon. That just leaves 3 seats. Florida could go either way, thus if that seats end up Democrat, then Republicans only gained 2 seats.

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

In NY, CA and IL the Democrats can play the GQP game and gerrymander a GQP seat out and turn it blue. That was his point I think. After Trump it's quite evident the GQP is mostly a fascist party, so it's time to play the game better.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
So two red states loose a seat (Ohio and West Virginia), two blue states will gain a seat (Colorado and Oregon), with one ehh could go either way seat (Florida). That means either 0 or 1 seats gained for Democrats and Republicans are gaining 2 or 3 seats. Looks like not a biggie to me, Democrats can afford to loose two or three seats.

Note I used gain loss math above, if you use regular math, the difference in the new apportionment become either 2 or 3 more seat for Republicans. That is because with Ohio and West Virginia loosing a seat, basically the seat gain of North Carolina and Montana don't make a difference. Furthermore, the seat loss in Pennsylvania and New York becomes nothing, due to the seat gains in Colorado and Oregon. That just leaves 3 seats. Florida could go either way, thus if that seats end up Democrat, then Republicans only gained 2 seats.
Another issue is retirement. https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/politics/democrats-cheri-bustos/index.html

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
In NY, CA and IL the Democrats can play the GQP game and gerrymander a GQP seat out and turn it blue. That was his point I think. After Trump it's quite evident the GQP is mostly a fascist party, so it's time to play the game better.

CA redistricting is not controlled by the legislature, it is an independent committee, 5 Repub, 5 Dem, 4 independents..

Reactions: weblooker2021

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It is the mother of all scams to allow woke traitor democrats living in their high tax states to be allowed to deduct one penny form federal taxes to begin with.

If they get away with cancelling this tax, the cancel culture will have one again.

We must not allow them to scam America again.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It is the mother of all scams to allow woke traitor democrats living in their high tax states to be allowed to deduct one penny form federal taxes to begin with.

If they get away with cancelling this tax, the cancel culture will have one again.

Man you are really on it tonight with the projection.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Good.

Shouldn't just let Sinema and Manchin be the only ones playing hardball.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020

Takes talent to talk when your mouth is so full of shit.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

The ultimate cancel culture is GQP legislatures pushing for and threatening to punish companies for disagreeing with them.

Just admit you are a party of fascist scum and just live with yourself.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Impeachment of Biden just like Democrats did of Trump. Remember that it takes simple majority to impeach the president.
This would likely be highly advantageous to Biden as people would see it as transparent bullshit without some real cause. The threat of impeachment is basically the guy in Blazing Saddles holding himself hostage.

What Republicans are more likely (nearly certain) to do is attempt to Benghazi him. The government will inevitably screw something up and they will try and turn it into Benghazi 2.0 with endless hearings, demands for testimony, etc. They are pretty good at doing this and for whatever reason the media consistently pretends to believe them, so this is the threat I would be most concerned about.

Reactions: Meghan54

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The ultimate cancel culture is GQP legislatures pushing for and threatening to punish companies for disagreeing with them.

Just admit you are a party of fascist scum and just live with yourself.
I just like how ‘cancel culture’ has now apparently expanded to cutting the taxes of wealthy people. It really does mean anything some butthurt conservative doesn’t like.

‘I can’t believe you canceled all the chocolate ice cream before I could have some! Liberals are at it again!’

Reactions: Meghan54