Democrats debate **A must watch**

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Sucks to be you people who can't see this yet but you'll have your chance tonight.

Buahahaha!!! Kerry is currently owning Dean who keeps dodging the question. Gephardt got him good too. Dean looks a tad flustered.:p

Anyway for any Iowans who can get WHO channel 13 turn it on...the rest of you have to watch MSNBC tonight.

CkG

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
John Kerry is an old member of Skull and Bones. Wouldn't it be interesting if he went up against Bush. The US would have a choice of which Skull and Bones member they prefer.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Only thing worth watching is Iowa is hawkeye wrestling and maybe this debate..indeed major happenings going down in Iowa this fall.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
cad,
just something I have noticed, you are just about the only one who cares about the dems on this forum :p

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Cad cares about the Dems because he's the most conservative guy here. By the way, where's the Old HeartSurgeon?

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Cad, I know Dean scares you, and that you have nightmares about him being the next president. Its ok to admit it man. But if its any reassurance, I'm sure Ankeny will stay the same white-bread suburban wonderland that it is now after he's elected. ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Czar
cad,
just something I have noticed, you are just about the only one who cares about the dems on this forum :p

It's a info and balance thing;)

There are tons of threads that focus on Bush and how he is leading this nation. Shouldn't we also be concerned as to who the *possible*(but not likely;)) replacement might be? Yes yes I know..."Anyone but Bush"....Yeah you people really care about the US
rolleye.gif
- you(generic) just hate Bush.

There are very important issues facing our nation, both worldwide and locally here at home. To ignore what these *potential*(if hell freezes over:D) candidates are saying and standing for is foolish, especially if you think Bush is leading us to ruin. Don't you think that you'd want to make an educated choice instead of just choosing blindly or leaving it up to chance?

CkG

Pianoman - Dean doesn't scare me at all...unless he's elected.;) But am I afraid that Bush can't beat him? Not at this time. Bush will beat Dean easily IMO:)

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
cad,
I know, and I agree with you, a one sided forum is a boring forum ;) keep it up

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
I don't think Dean looks flustered; I thought he had an excellent answer on ethanol, I thought he defended his points well. It's not always easy when you are the front runner and everyone is finding a way to attack you. Dick Gephardt was completly wrong about Howard Dean's ad.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: NakaNaka
I don't think Dean looks flustered; I thought he had an excellent answer on ethanol, I thought he defended his points well. It's not always easy when you are the front runner and everyone is finding a way to attack you. Dick Gephardt was completly wrong about Howard Dean's ad.

Did you see the first 5-10 mins? That is where he seemed a bit flustered. He came back and regained some of his edge though.

CkG

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
cad,
out of all the dems, who would you support if for some reason you would not support bush?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Czar
cad,
out of all the dems, who would you support if for some reason you would not support bush?

If I dropped acid the day of the Elections, I'd probably vote for Kerry, or possibly Edwards. Edwards has been bringing a good message and has a quite detailed plan(available on his site) but that whole trial lawyer thing has me a bit "concerned"(to steal a Daschle emotion). But at this moment I would vote for Kerry(If I were on Drugs when voting;)) I think he has enough experience both domestically and world wide, yet has a (more)centered view of things than most of the rest of the candidates with a chance.

CkG

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
where's the Old HeartSurgeon?

Yo Whitling!

trying to make sense out of the democrat primaries is impossible. my philosophy is to stay out of the way and let them beat each other up.

it's like a bad soap opera...

Dean, the frontrunner, has vowed to boot Terry McCauliffe out of the DNC chairmanship (the hand picked minion of He Who Shall Remain Nameless)

the Senator from New York Who Shall Remain Nameless, totally eclipses all the candidates at last weeks get together,

Kerry and Cleland are basically calling Dean a draft dodger (that's particularly rich after our most recent former President's military "history")

Lieberman is getting shut out of the debate by some sort of technicality..

Edwards has less of a chance of getting nominated than Al Sharpton..

And just in case Dean takes over the DNC, George Soros has now pledged a 20 million to the Center for American Progress (headed by John Podesta - another minion of He Who Shall Remain Nameless, and 10 million to Americans Coming Together, another group staffed by minions of He Who Shall Remain Nameless.

goodness, it just doesn't get anymore interesting than this!

oreagan

Jul 8, 2002
"Edwards has less of a chance of getting nominated than Al Sharpton.."

That's not true at all, Edwards is first in SC and in third/fourth (last time I saw, a month or so ago) in the other early primary states...he pulls third in Iowa and New Hampshire then first in SC and he's in the running.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
I think Edwards makes an excellent VP choice because he has clearly laid out plans, is from the South, is young and good looking. He's just not much of a politician. I can't imagine Kerry being the nominee. Look at him! Besides from that, he has no chance of winning. Dean has a chance because he's bringing 3rd party voters to the Democratic party, his gun control position is endorsed by the NRA! (which will pick up some major ground in the South) and if Iraq keeps going down the path it is going (aka, over 1000 dead by the conventions) then he will pick up ground. I don't want to politicize our soldiers lives, but it is a very important campaign issue.