Dem lawmakers announce bill to limit mail-order and internet ammunition sales.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
It won't go anywhere (thankfully).
Stupid knee jerk legislation like this never ever accomplishes anything good.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Nothing see here but more politically vulturous behavior by democrats to get their anti-2nd amendment agenda moving again after Fast and Furious blew up in their faces.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I predict Cheaper Than Dirt, Buds, Ammoman, etc will all be doing some stellar business for the next couple of days.

Shitty bill, I certainly hope it goes nowhere. I was just thinking about adding some carry ammo to my upcoming new mag order too...

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
There's no reason to think the dems want your guns, we have been told so repeatedly on this very forum.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
There's no reason to think the dems want your guns, we have been told so repeatedly on this very forum.
They don't want your guns, they don't want your ammo

Maybe if I keep repeating it it will sound more true:hmm:

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
I predict Cheaper Than Dirt, Buds, Ammoman, etc will all be doing some stellar business for the next couple of days.

Shitty bill, I certainly hope it goes nowhere. I was just thinking about adding some carry ammo to my upcoming new mag order too...

Yeah probably, I was just about to go buy another few thousand rounds of 9mm too...

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Then what's your solution to Aurora? Nothing?

It's so easy to criticize. That's all the tea party/gun idiots do.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
If it is legal to limit ammunition, then it must be legal to outright ban it.

You can own guns, without ammo.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
If it is legal to limit ammunition, then it must be legal to outright ban it.

You can own guns, without ammo.

Well, I see people orgasming over the guns themselves, true.

The problem is that gun rights advocates take zero responsibility, advance nothing to make things better. They just sit back and say, "not my problem"

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Damnit. I was hoping that this wasn't going to become an issue before the election. The Democrats should know by now that it is a losing proposition for them, as well it should be. Leave the three G's alone.

That being said, this blog doesn't mention too much about the contents of the bill. It could either be somewhat reasonable or completely outlandish. Knowing that this is a knee-jerk reaction to the recent shootings, I'm betting the latter.

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Then what's your solution to Aurora? Nothing?

It's so easy to criticize. That's all the tea party/gun idiots do.

What if I told you, I don't need an ar-15 and a 100 round magazine to kill 12 people? All I need is an SUV and a farmers market. Are you going to ban SUVs and Farmers Markets too?

Well, I see people orgasming over the guns themselves, true.

The problem is that gun rights advocates take zero responsibility, advance nothing to make things better. They just sit back and say, "not my problem"

People are responsible, not guns. A bunch of muslims with box cutters killed over 2000 and wounded over 6000. Do we ban box cutters and muslims too?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
This seems like it could easily backfire on the Democrats, since now they are on record as wanting to limit firearms.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
What if I told you, I don't need an ar-15 and a 100 round magazine to kill 12 people? All I need is an SUV and a farmers market. Are you going to ban SUVs and Farmers Markets too?

People are responsible, not guns. A bunch of muslims with box cutters killed over 2000 and wounded over 6000. Do we ban box cutters and muslims too?

Fertilizer sales are monitored now. They weren't before. Objectively speaking, it probably isn't a likely avenue of further attacks, but they still pay close attention regardless.

Guns enable crazy people to easily commit mass murder.

It's too bad that you're just spouting NRA rhetoric and then patting yourself on the back thinking that you're being righteous in some way. You're not. You're falling right into the pattern.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
once again, what criminals are buying ammo online where they have to provide ID and addresses and such? like the failed CA fingerprint thing? this is totally anti-commerce! prices would go up in california after having no outside competition unless people are going to drive hours to go to az or nv. . . .

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
This seems like it could easily backfire on the Democrats, since now they are on record as wanting to limit firearms.

Not quite.

Sen. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.) and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (N.Y.)

These are the only ones "on record" for any of this right now. If Obama came out in support of it or those in swing-states do, then you'd be right. Most people will see these two as being from New York and New Jersey not think of it as applying to the party as a whole when they go to vote. (unless, you happen to live in NY or NJ)

The Democrats had better tread lightly here, or better yet, drop the whole thing before it costs them an election or more.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
once again, what criminals are buying ammo online where they have to provide ID and addresses and such? like the failed CA fingerprint thing? this is totally anti-commerce! prices would go up in california after having no outside competition unless people are going to drive hours to go to az or nv. . . .

Awww shucks.

Why not just accept the tradeoff? Buy a few rounds at the shooting range when you go. Acknowledge that mass shootings are a problem and that's one step that helps prevent it.

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Fertilizer sales are monitored now. They weren't before. Objectively speaking, it probably isn't a likely avenue of further attacks, but they still pay close attention regardless.

Guns enable crazy people to easily commit mass murder.

It's too bad that you're just spouting NRA rhetoric and then patting yourself on the back thinking that you're being righteous in some way. You're not. You're falling right into the pattern.

The point is, if someone wanted to go kill a bunch of people they will find a way. So restricting the sale of ammunition to the 99.99% of sane people who own guns is not in any way shape or form constructive at reducing gun crime.

And who said you need fertilizer to kill someone? Last I checked running them over with a 5000lb SUV does the trick.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
The point is, if someone wanted to go kill a bunch of people they will find a way. So restricting the sale of ammunition to the 99.99% of sane people who own guns is not in any way shape or form constructive at reducing gun crime.

If a robber wants to steal my shit, he's going to find a way. So I shouldn't bother locking my doors or windows.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
If the proposition from Dems is as the OP & link suggests...then as I democrat I think it is dumb.