DellSB - Dimension 2400 - $349/Free Shipping, Expires Tomorrow!

mofo69

Aug 12, 2004
Thanks to Lyrx at DealTaker - cut and paste direct from post

Dell

Key Features

NEW!Windows® interface makes it easy to backup and restore data.
NEW!Ability to store images on mapped network drives allows small businesses to keep employees' PCs backed up easily.
NEW! Writes images directly to hard drives and removable media, including many CD-R/RW, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, and Iomega® Zip® and Jaz® drives.
NEW! Writes images directly to supported USB and FireWire® (IEEE 1394) devices.
Fast PC-to-PC communication using a home network IP, USB, or high-speed parallel connection provides versatile direct cloning.
LiveUpdate? makes it easy to keep Norton Ghost updated right over the Internet.
Comprehensive tutorials help you get started quickly.

Check out this week`s Dell Outrageous Desktop. Free upgrade to an 80GB hard drive($30 value), a free upgrade to a CD-RW drive ($43 value), a floppy drive ($20 value), and a 56k modem ($20 value). You get a full 2 year in-home warranty on this one, normally a full $113 upgrade over the 1 year. This is a solid computer for all of your work, word processing, emailing, and more. It`s a faster Pentium 4 2.8Ghz processor this time, instead of a mere 2.4Ghz Celeron processor, and comes with 128MB of DDR SDRAM. Built in sound, 10/100 Ethernet, 56k modem are all included.

* Start here through the following link to Dell Small Business Outrageous Desktops. DELL SMALL BUSINESS OUTRAGEOUS DESKTOPS
* Now click on Customize It under Dimension 2400 $449
* Make all of the options for the lowest possible cost, including the rebate & freebies - Double check to make sure Norton AntiVirus is not checked.
* Upgrade whatever options you may want, although this will raise the cost.
* Scroll to the bottom and click on Continue
* Scroll to the bottom and click on Continue
* Scroll to the bottom and click on Add to cart
* Finish checking out. Ground shipping for the computer is free. Send in the $150 rebate (expires 8/18/04)

AStar617

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2002
Very nice system for the money, as I own a 2400 from the famed "$200-after-accidental-double-rebate" deal.

It is DEFINITELY worth noting (for those who do not know already) that this system lacks an AGP slot. This could very well be a dealbreaker for some potential buyers. Not me ;)

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Wasn't it only $329 last week? Or was that the one you ar referring to with the Celeron and such. I didn't look that closely at the one last week.

EDIT: That link just takes me to a page that says:

The Home & Home Office site and offers contained herein valid only for end users and not for resellers and/or online auctions. Pricing, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice. Taxes and shipping charges extra, and vary. U.S. Dell Home Systems Co. new purchases only. Limit of 5 systems per customer please. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by: lnguyen
wow, that is nice..... now only if they threw in some more ram, and a cheap LCD upgrade :) perfect for my dad

Can dbl the ram for only $17 to 256 which I'll definitely do. And already have an LCD so don't need that. heh.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Is there anything that would make this deal NOT one to get? If you add the $17 for 256 megs of ram, it seems to have everything else. And for $367 with a 2 yr warranty that's pretty sweet to me. Granted not a gaming machine but that's not what I'm looking for.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Is there anything that would make this deal NOT one to get? If you add the $17 for 256 megs of ram, it seems to have everything else. And for $367 with a 2 yr warranty that's pretty sweet to me. Granted not a gaming machine but that's not what I'm looking for.

It's not bad, but you may want to check out their 400SC Server deals they run. A bit cheaper and you don't have to buy an OS, and it also DOES have an agp slot, unlike the 2400 Dimension.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
OK, deal still works, but, missed the $150 rebate which sorta sucks.

There's a PE400SC deal right now for $273 after instant savings (not sure about shipping), but for $99 you can upgrade to P4 2.8 GHZ w/ 800MHz FSB and IIRC, the server DOES have an AGP Slot. Only 40GB 7200RPM Drive, but 256MB RAM. No modem, no OS, etc.
Pros/cons to both, your call.

AStar617

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2002
The "sweet spot" for the PE400SC has historically been $299 or less for the P4C w/HT version with no requirement to pay more for an option, so I would personally hold off right now until Dell inevitably brings that deal back for the 23586723rd time (not that I'm complaining at all, it's my favorite box!). :D

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
I'd be buying this for my wife who just does Outlook, Web Browsing, and some occasional Photoshop/Publisher stuff. I'm sure it will be fine for her. WOn't be adding any cards or anything else in there either.

When you order from Dell, can you get the OS installed all alone with no extra software? Or do they give you a way to wipe it clean to a fresh OS install on your own or is it jsut the Restore CD to put it back to the Dell standard?

Or is there at least a CD Key so I can put my own copy of XP on it and re-register it with the key from them? Haven't ordered from them before but don't need all their junk on it.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: dman
OK, deal still works, but, missed the $150 rebate which sorta sucks.

There's a PE400SC deal right now for $273 after instant savings (not sure about shipping), but for $99 you can upgrade to P4 2.8 GHZ w/ 800MHz FSB and IIRC, the server DOES have an AGP Slot. Only 40GB 7200RPM Drive, but 256MB RAM. No modem, no OS, etc.
Pros/cons to both, your call.

LOL, at dell, I see the 400CS server, but I can't configure it less than $399. I see Free Shipping, and free upgarde to P4 2.8ghz cpu, 256MB DDR, 1yr warranty, 40gb hard drive, etc. Looks different than from what you see.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see. They have different links. Weird, I don't see how Dell stays organized. If you click for a 400SC normally, you get one deal, click for it somewhere else, totally different deal.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by: bamacre

LOL, at dell, I see the 400CS server, but I can't configure it less than $399. I see Free Shipping, and free upgarde to P4 2.8ghz cpu, 256MB DDR, 1yr warranty, 40gb hard drive, etc. Looks different than from what you see.

There's an Outrageous Deal for the 400SC at $274 with the CElerons: http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/outrageous_servers?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

Up to $373 with the P4 but it only has a 1yr warranty, no CD Burner.. I'll stick with the 2400 since it's ahome use PC.