Question Dell XPS Desktop with 13th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-13900 (32 MB cache, 24 cores, 2.00 GHz to 5.20 GHz Turbo)

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
System configuration:
Operating System
Windows 11 Home, English...
Graphics Card
Intel® UHD Graphics 770 with DP-HDMI Adapter...
Memory
16 GB: 1 x 16 GB, DDR5, 4800 MT/s; up to 64 GB...
Storage
1 TB, M.2, PCIe NVMe, SSD...460 watt power supply / standard CPU cooling...they are (dell) asking $980.00 delivered (just the tower) plus all other standard XPS features...any thoughts on this..

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Most of the cost is obviously the CPU which would run $550ish by itself.

I guess you should ask yourself if the rest of the generic parts are worth the other $430. If you individualize it, sure, I suppose. I considered a pre-built last year before building another tower, for the ease of being 'ready out of the box'.

I decided against it because I didn't want a generic, low-feature mobo, generic RAM and SSD/HDD, generic low-power PSU incapable of adding a GPU, etc.

For a powerful office machine, it might be a good option (assuming it's business class and not consumer). XPS is not business class from Dell, correct?

Reactions: IGBT

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Most of the cost is obviously the CPU which would run $550ish by itself.

I guess you should ask yourself if the rest of the generic parts are worth the other $430. If you individualize it, sure, I suppose. I considered a pre-built last year before building another tower, for the ease of being 'ready out of the box'.

I decided against it because I didn't want a generic, low-feature mobo, generic RAM and SSD/HDD, generic low-power PSU incapable of adding a GPU, etc.

For a powerful office machine, it might be a good option (assuming it's business class and not consumer). XPS is not business class from Dell, correct?
Yes...the existing XPS I bought in 2012 has served me well but it has the i74770 cpu is not win-11 compatible (quad core)..the i918900 has 24 cores...seems like it should be viable for many years.

Reactions: Pohemi