Dell U3415W mini review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BababooeyHTJ

Nov 25, 2009
I have been fiddling with 60 vs. 75 to compare watching a full-screen rotate-pan animation. I think you're right. It is syncing with the signal ok at 75 Hz, but it is actually smoother at 60 than 75. A dropped frame (when the GPU can't keep up) is actually more noticeable at 60, because the display isn't regularly dropping 1 out of every 5 frames :)

That's too bad, I was hoping to hang with 75 Hz. Oh well :) Thanks again for your input!

The two that I've had skip frames regularly at anything above 60hz. Its easy to see just moving the mouse cursor around or a window.

Owls

Feb 22, 2006
I have been fiddling with 60 vs. 75 to compare watching a full-screen rotate-pan animation. I think you're right. It is syncing with the signal ok at 75 Hz, but it is actually smoother at 60 than 75. A dropped frame (when the GPU can't keep up) is actually more noticeable at 60, because the display isn't regularly dropping 1 out of every 5 frames :)

That's too bad, I was hoping to hang with 75 Hz. Oh well :) Thanks again for your input!

Yes in windows it does feel like it's skipping frames but in games using my subjective eyeballs it felt smoother at 75Hz than 60.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
This is on sale this weekend at Newegg for $800. Edit: code EMCAVKK33

Last edited: