Dell Radeon HD 2400 Pro DVI splitter - Dual desktop

Dkcode

May 1, 2005
I have an Dell Optiplex 755 in front of me with a low profile HD 2400 Pro, 1 S-Video port and 1 DVI port.

The guy who this machine is for needs to run two monitors, both monitors are different sizes (19" & 21") so two separate resolutions.

If i buy this cable will it run both monitors in their native resolutions in extended desktop mode?

TrentJ

Nov 30, 2007
I don't think that will work but the videocard should have came with the splitter capable of running two monitors. I have a 755 that I am working on right now with a HD2400XT and it came with a splitter for two VGA monitors and another splitter for two DVI monitors.

I also tried running this card on a 26" DoubleSight LCD and had to hook both ends of the splitter to both DVI inputs on the monitor. It would not work with hooking a DVI cable directly to the card and to the monitor.

Dkcode

May 1, 2005
The 2400XT Dell uses, comes with a Y splitter cable, the output port has a much higher density of pins thus allowing dual monitors to be used. We have never had a problem before.

I may just have to order a 2400XT from Dell.

Thanks for your reply.

TrentJ

Nov 30, 2007
Oh yeah...you are right. I couldn't hook up directly to the card because of the pin layout on the video card. I tried using just one line of the Y to my 26" and it wouldn't display.