dell complaints?

FREAKZA69

Jan 18, 2004
every have to complain to dell? whats the best way to do it to insure you will get an answer back from them?

FREAKZA69

Jan 18, 2004
lol..seriously though? Cause I just bought a system this week. unpacked it and BAM right outta the box Ive got to call tech support to find out how to fix the problem when lcd's
A&B are yellow and C&D are green. To me thats bullshit cause I have seen a zillion commercials talking about how they test each system before it goes out yada yada yada

gentobu

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2001
I think when A&B are yellow and C&D are green there is something wrong with the memory.

FREAKZA69

Jan 18, 2004
Originally posted by: gentobu
I think when A&B are yellow and C&D are green there is something wrong with the memory.

Yes it was a "memory module" that was screwy as neal from india so eloquently put it while telling me to take my time and then trying to go to the next phase two seconds after he said take your time.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
DOA aka "fvcked up on arrival" products are the worst. Nothing like being excited to finally receive your product after a few days of shipping only to have it cause you more grief. More days of waiting ahead.

FREAKZA69

Jan 18, 2004
ya so im wondering who to yell at first about and which one would give the fastest responce time!

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: FREAKZA69
ya so im wondering who to yell at first about and which one would give the fastest responce time!

With command of the english language such as yours, I can't see who could resist doing your bidding.

FREAKZA69

Jan 18, 2004
Originally posted by: BlamoHammer

With command of the english language such as yours, I can't see who could resist doing your bidding.

wtf??
I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

gentobu

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: werk
lcd's A&B are yellow and C&D are green.
I still want to know what that means.

On most Dell desktops there are four led's (labled a,b,c,d) below the mouse/keyboard ports. If the system is working fine they will all be green, if there is anything wrong they will turn a certain combination of amber / green depending on what's wrong with the system.

FREAKZA69

Jan 18, 2004
Originally posted by: werk
lcd's A&B are yellow and C&D are green.
I still want to know what that means.

All dell towers have 4 led lights on the back labled A,B,C,D if everything is ok they are all green. If there is a problem then the lcds will be yellow. In my case A&B were yellow meaning somehting is wrong while C & D were green. Sorry my bad meant led not lcd

MrCoyote

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: amdfanboy
Dell will hire a hitman if you make a complaint against them. ;)

Dell actually doesn't HIRE anyone anymore. At least not Technicians. They use contractors :(
Personally I don't think they care about their people working their anymore.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
every have to complain to dell? whats the best way to do it to insure you will get an answer back from them?

Call corporate office and demand to talk to Michael Dell himself. I could tell you the support story of that one but it'd take too long. Cliff's notes: Guy got a free computer and credited back his financing charges.

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
So they send you a new stick of ram (most times overnight/next day) and you put the dud in the box and attach the prepaid shipping lable

Boo Hoo

get over it

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
when i worked there they said their systems were tested "five times." but of course no one knows whether any of those tests involved seeing if the computer could even boot up.