Dell 2410M on sale, $399. Worth it?

el-Capitan

Apr 24, 2012
Hi Guys,

I've been toying with the idea for a while now - my Samsung 22" has come of age.

2410M

Would this Dell baby make me, as a gamer, happy? Cannot spend more than 400, will only do 16:10 and I do want an IPS. Ideally I'd like a smaller 22-23", but cannot see my above matched.

This one has been around for a while and I'm afraid that it will be refreshed soon with more awesomeness...Can anyone push me off the cliff, please?

Doom 4d

Nov 8, 2012
It's the best deal for the money. There's no shortage of information around the internet about the Dell Ultrasharps and they're widely liked for a lot of reasons. If you want an IPS in that aspect ratio, the Dell will be the highest quality you'll find until you go way above that $399.99 price point.

kevinsbane

Jun 16, 2010
Hi Guys,

I've been toying with the idea for a while now - my Samsung 22" has come of age.

2410M

Would this Dell baby make me, as a gamer, happy? Cannot spend more than 400, will only do 16:10 and I do want an IPS. Ideally I'd like a smaller 22-23", but cannot see my above matched.

This one has been around for a while and I'm afraid that it will be refreshed soon with more awesomeness...Can anyone push me off the cliff, please?
A U2412m will make you, as a gamer, happier. It will also leave you with more money in your pocket.

The U2410 is a nice monitor, but it's wide gamut (a big minus for gamers), uses more power, has less contrast, and is hotter. The only real things going for the U2410 for you will be "10bit" (8bit + FRC) colour + additional inputs - neither of which really benefit you as a gamer.

el-Capitan

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks guys. The U2412 is only $30 cheaper, but the specs of the U2410 read a lot better.

Hmmm...

el-Capitan

Apr 24, 2012
Okay, your thoughts are being echoed in other forums out there. Now im swaying towards the 2412m.

There is a smaller version, the 2312hm. Is it fair to say that it is the same quality panel, only smaller? The specs compare very closely.

Tsavo

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2009
I'm not a fan of wide gamut, so not sure I can agree.

To be honest, I think the OP will be happy with either monitor.

Oh, right, forgot about that and gaming.

In that case, 2312HM or 2412M. Of these two, I prefer the 2312HM. My 2412M took quite a lot of fiddling to get the colors to look correct (though this may not be the case for everyone), whereas my 2312HM was perfect out of the box.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hi Guys,

2410M

For gaming? Personally I wouldn't go with the Dell Ultrasharp. The Asus VG248QE might be getting released in a few weeks and it is 24" and has 144Hz refresh rate, which is awesome! Its the little brother to the 27" VG278HE. So why pay $400 for 60hz? (The Ultrasharp you picked is 60hz right?) Not only that but here is other monitors which have faster response time. I listed some below, you are going to have to compare the Pros and Cons your self.

Now that's the thing, no prices have being announced yet, only rumors for the new Asus 24" 144Hz, so I haven't found an official price. I heard that plans are for it to be officially announced at CES in a few days time. So I would be patient and look into that one first. It will also likely have faster response time

http://pcmonitors.info/asus/another-144hz-model-the-asus-vg248qe

Other Options You have are:

BenQ XL2411T (Newest but no US release yet, only UK but it does 144hz)
BenQ XL2420T (New)
BenQ XL2410T (Old)
Acer GD235Hzbid (Old)
Samsung S23A700D (Old)
Asus VG236H (Old)

Here is the thing, all those Monitors I mentioned above have 120hz. You can find the BenQ XL2420T for $400 New from BenQ, there is also XL2420TX not sure what the difference is on that one but is more expensive.

The Acer is on sale on Amazon for like $270 I believe (New?). The Samsung Was on sale refurbished on Tigerdirect for $280.

What I mean by (Old) or (New) is that some of these models are from 2011, but that dosen't make them bad monitors :thumbsup:

You are going to have to look into all these on your own and decide which one fits your needs, maybe you'll still decide for the Dell Ultrasharp but I think there are better choices out there for gaming and for 120Hz monitors.

I'm in the same boat, I'm trying to replace my Asus VE248 with a 120Hz mointor, I was about to buy the BenQ but I'm going to wait untill the Asus VG248QE releases and hope is within my budget.

Last edited:

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
To answer your long post in a few words? He wants an IPS monitor. It's as simple as that.

I was just trying to help but I swear I read his post and in my mind I thought he said NO IPS. Well, the list is there if any one else needs it.

Last edited:

el-Capitan

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks a lot for all the info!

I think it'll be the 2412m. I found a used one just above $200 that I will have a look at tomorrow.