Dell 24" 4k User thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Black Octagon

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2012
Fascinating. So we finally have arrived to a PPI that makes AA redundant. Thank you for having posted this and enjoy your screen

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
Lava,

I live my high DPI fantasies vicariously through you! I may have missed it but this 24inch is not Sharp IGZO based correct?

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
This thread is really interesting to me since I want to go 4K. The hardware requirements and the steep price make me reluctant to make the jump.

3GB is the recommended minimum in my opinion and I don't see your 3GB 780 ti's surviving too long at 4k because of the high VRAM usage at max settings.

Lowering graphical settings down to 'High' is probably good though. 4K intimidates me because of the high entry fee.

I didn't want to pay $3000 for a 30hz 1080i TV back in the day and I expect 4K pricing to drop similarly. Still, really jealous of your awesome screen!

Last edited:

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
I'm having a couple weird little problems that I'm still trying to work through. The monitor doesn't come out of sleep when I turn the computer on from an extended cold boot. I have to either pull the display port cable or power cycle it. Infrequently when it does come on the left half of the screen is slightly garbled but corrects itself with a power cycle/cable cycle/input cycle... Not sure if it either of these issues are monitor related or how my video card and or drivers are handling MST. It's always the left side of the screen.

Even if it is the monitor, I won't exchange it right away. I'd rather wait till newer revisions come out.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
I'm having a couple weird little problems that I'm still trying to work through. The monitor doesn't come out of sleep when I turn the computer on from an extended cold boot. I have to either pull the display port cable or power cycle it. Infrequently when it does come on the left half of the screen is slightly garbled but corrects itself with a power cycle/cable cycle/input cycle... Not sure if it either of these issues are monitor related or how my video card and or drivers are handling MST. It's always the left side of the screen.

Even if it is the monitor, I won't exchange it right away. I'd rather wait till newer revisions come out.

Hmmm, I remember another thread about this exact issue not with 4k in itself, but sleep issues with DP. If I recall correctly, it was due to the cable not being powered or not up to spec. However, your cable is from Dell so it should just work.