Dell 1702fp

GoCardinal

Aug 31, 2002
Does anyone know the response time for the Dell 17'' 1702fp flat panel lcd monitor? Also, can anyone confirm the 500:1 contrast ratio that its purported to have. Thanks!

Lufkin

Aug 14, 2002
The Dell website lists the response time as "Typical 25 ms". I haven't done any gaming on the this system and I don't watch DVDs on it either so I can't speak to any ghosting issues, but I do a fair amount of video editing and I haven't noticed any artifacts (GeForce3 Ti200). I am not sure how to verify the contrast ratio, but having owned one for almost 1 year I can say that the blacks appear VERY black but some of the darker blues/purples also appear black. I use a CRT for any graphic production, but for CAD, web surfing, and document creation I have been very impressed with the monitors performance...hope this helps.

GoCardinal

Aug 31, 2002
Sorry about the late response and thanks for your help Lufkin. Well, right now I need to decide whether to get the Dell 1702fp or the Samsung 170T. The price tag for both monitors is within 50 dollars of each other, so I really have a dilemma on my hands.