Sep 26, 2000
gotten out of control

Locked at OP's request.

Anandtech Senior Moderator
Red Dawn

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
The polls will probable be held open later if the demand is high. So don't hold your breath for 7pm close time.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
The polls will probable be held open later if the demand is high. So don't hold your breath for 7pm close time.
Possibly. BTW I posted the link in my thread about when you posted your reply, in case you didn't see it.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Marlin1975

Yup. I'm waiting in line for as long as it takes. I'm pissed off this year.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I'm genuinely curious to find out of some P&N posters will simply drop dead from a lethal overdose of smug and schadenfreude.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I might.

The gloating will be epic.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The streets could cratered by Republicans who exploded on the way to the polls.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
I'm genuinely curious to find out of some P&N posters will simply drop dead from a lethal overdose of smug and schadenfreude.

No guilt or smugness here. Sheer joy of kicking some Republican ass for a change. :) I can't wait to see my buddies on Thursday at our doubles game. All three of them are Republicans. :) Ah, the joy!

-Robert

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
I might.

you are already one of the most despised posters on AT, I guess you want to become epically despised?

/golfclap

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Didn't the networks decide to stop with exit polling and declaring the 'winner' until all votes are counted? We'll have to wait for the actual counts.

jalaram

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Hey OP. Add a poll here and have choices for Obama/McCain/(add other candidates)/Other/Write In/Will not vote.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Hmmm .... we're voting today? I thought it was tomorrow.
This thread is 24 hours early ...... I'm sure this will be one of many though.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I propose this thread is locked just because Techs started it, and since it isn't election day :)

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Ferocious

This race is going to be close!!

Prepare to stay up late tomorrow night.

I'm thinking the opposite.

if there's no major upset on the east coast (ie: McCain winning NH, PA, or running the board with the swing states) and Obama carries every state he's favored in, it'll probably be an early night and safe to call it after the EST polls close. when/if Obama wins NC, I think it will likely indicate a trend that the undecideds are NOT breaking for McCain and Barry will sweep the board.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: alchemize
I propose this thread is locked just because Techs started it, and since it isn't election day :)

that is a reasonable argument :thumbsup:

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
I might.

you are already one of the most despised posters on AT, I guess you want to become epically despised?

/golfclap

i bet he is deeply concerned about what people think about him on an internet forum.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
I might.

/golfclap

i bet he is deeply concerned about what people think about him on an internet forum.

Yeah, I'm sure he has no conscience at all.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Skitzer
I might.

/golfclap

Yeah, I'm sure he has no conscience at all.

where does conscience play into this? :confused:

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I might.

/golfclap

I'm sure some people on this forum think I'm a douchebag. It's when most everyone starts thinking I am one, probably I AM a douchebag.

So what someone thinks about you, versus what you are...there's a fine line. But if he's content to live his life as a douchebag, there's no laws against that (as long as you are a democrat, I'm sure he'd agree with a law against republican douchebags :D).

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
I might.

/golfclap

I'm sure some people on this forum think I'm a douchebag. It's when most everyone starts thinking I am one, probably I AM a douchebag.

So what someone thinks about you, versus what you are...there's a fine line. But if he's content to live his life as a douchebag, there's no laws against that (as long as you are a democrat, I'm sure he'd agree with a law against republican douchebags :D).

Was there a poll that I missed? I have not seen any concensus on jpeyton's douchebaggery.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
There are a ton of people who think I'm a douchebag; people who might be:

Pro-McCain
Pro-Police-Violence
Pro-Wedding-Party-Bombing
Pro-Bush
Pro-Torture
Pro-Palin
Pro-Life
Pro-Young-Earth-Creationist