Definatly stuck on a motherboard decision

BigCoolJesus

Banned
Jun 22, 2005
Ok, so basically im stuck. I dont know what to get

Heres a quick rundown on what im looking for though

ive been a proud owner of a K8V SE Deluxe (asus) and i love it. Ive never had problems with it, but ive never overclocked with it either.
But, the new motherboard i get needs to support some good overclocking (not insane, just enough to try and get a San Diego 3700 up to around 2.6GHZ). So that basically means the DFI is way to much overkill for me.

Now, for me i thought it would be an easy decision, get an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe and thats it. Well, it would be easy, but ive heard mixed reviews on its overclocking.
So all i really need to know is will the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe get me enough overclocking to get a 3700 around 2.6GHZ???

and if not, whats an appropriate substitute (needs to be stable, easy to use bios, and have the same stuff the asus has (Sata 2, etc))???

thanks

BigCoolJesus

Banned
Jun 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Bucks
why not the DFI mobo..it will be fine and not overkill.... DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard (not SLI of course)

well, i do need it to be SLI, and it has to be under $180 bucks
that counts out the $220 DFI mobo, and newegg doesnt carry the moderate SLI version (at least last time i knew)

and i just dont want DFI, ive heard mixed reviews, and frankly i dont want a motherboard thats meant just for overclocking, i want something that will always be stable