Defective CPU, or something else?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Your bolded signature makes more sense now :twisted:

Not really. It's from long ago when the Intel/AMD wars were hot and heavy. I was a dedicated Intel fan when I added that sig. P4 days...

You had to be there to get it. :)

I'm still an Intel fan, but not quite dedicated, as I do build and use AMD systems.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Well, I'm happy to say that the new motherboard rectified all of my problems. The weird buzzing sounds, plus not being able to run at DDR4-3200 speeds. :D

The new motherboard took the XMP RAM settings wonderfully and booted up just fine. Thanks to everyone who helped me troubleshoot this problem, but especially to mysticjbyrd. :thumbsup:

n0X6Lt.png

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Well, I'm happy to say that the new motherboard rectified all of my problems. The weird buzzing sounds, plus not being able to run at DDR4-3200 speeds. :D

The new motherboard took the XMP RAM settings wonderfully and booted up just fine. Thanks to everyone who helped me troubleshoot this problem, but especially to mysticjbyrd. :thumbsup:

n0X6Lt.png

Damn. Look at all that sexy, fast ram. NICE. Glad you got it working like it should.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Yeah, I went with 32GB this time because I think the Pascal GPUs will have very large frame buffers :)

One thing about upgrading though, is that I lost my free Windows 10 Pro key that I used for my previous rig. So now I might have to shell out for a new Windows 10 pro key, unless I can convince Microsoft to activate my account on this new PC..