Defecting to the Anandtech Folding@Home team

mikecel79

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2002
Hey guys. I've been doing Folding @Home for about a year now for the HardOCP team but well let's just say I'm not too fond of the site anymore. I was ranked 167 (username mikcel79) on the HardOCP team and ranked 1816 overall. I rather put my WUs to use for a site I do like, like Anandtech. So what is the team number for Anandtech?

The machines I'll be putting into service are
Right now:
2 PIII 800 Mhz
1 PIII Xeon 866 Mhz
1 PIII Xeon 1 Ghz
Will be bring online over the course of a week
1 Quad PPro 200 Mhz
1 PIII 800 Mhz
1 Dual PIII Xeon 866 Mhz
Hopefully in the future I will be able to run a few of the Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz machines we have at work but I can't right now.

mikecel79

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2002
Sweet. I will change all the machines at work tommorrow. I just signed on the Team Anandtech site.

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
welcome aboard Mike :beer:

(srry things weren't good at HOCP...... Hope you enjoy it here with us)

-Sid

mikecel79

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2002
I've got a quick question you guys probably can answer. I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious but I just registerd on the Team Anandtech page but how do I change my password? I can't seem to find a link or anything to do it.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: mikecel79
I've got a quick question you guys probably can answer. I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious but I just registerd on the Team Anandtech page but how do I change my password? I can't seem to find a link or anything to do it.
You mean the http://www.teamanandtech.com/ page? That actually has nothing to do with joining Team AnandTech F@H, as you might already know.

FWIW, that site isn't used for much of anything anymore (there hasn't been a newsletter or any news updates for over a year AFAIK), except for the FAQs (and it sounds like you're a veteran F@H-er, so you probably don't need those). Anyway, I have no idea how to change your password at the TeamAnandTech site, but if you're talking about a different site, then I may know the answer (or I may be even more clueless). :eek:

You might want to post a separate thread in this forum about that topic, to try to attract the attention of ViRGE (I think he's the one in charge of that site). He should be able to help you out.

BTW, I'm sorry to hear that there were problems with your old team, but I'm glad you decided to join us, and hope you enjoy being here. :)

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
I believe your password is a nine-digit number ... at least that's what I have. ;)

I don't think you can change it. :(

If you could, I would have changed mine long ago. LOL

filmmaker

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2002
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the password is the number they send you when you first sign up with SETI.

mikecel79

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2002
BTW, I'm sorry to hear that there were problems with your old team, but I'm glad you decided to join us, and hope you enjoy being here.

It wasn't anything to do with the old team it's just that I don't like or agree with the what Steve or Kyle put up on the HardOCP site anymore. Seems they are posting more and more "rumors" as "news". Only a matter of time before it starts to sound the TheInquirer. Anyways I never really even posted in the HardOCP boards.

Well trying to bring it back on topic. I'll just deal with the password I have now. I doubt I'll be using the site much anyways. Thanks for the welcome guys!

Slider76

Jan 27, 2003
welcome to our F@H team, it is always good to have a new member! with those kind of pc's at your disposal it wont be long before you overtake me in the stats :) which is good for the team!

PraetorianGuards

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
You know...TeAm SETI is another good choice...why don't you join us? ;) Hehe, just kidding. Glad to have you onboard the TeAm!