Default Sex Position?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Turin39789
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Interesting thread.

I have taken a shine to the "woman on top, grasping the blades of the ceiling fan and getting the rotation action going" position.

Works quite well, actually. Very little physical effort on the part of either partner, yet massive stimulation to both parties is afforded by the spinning action of the fan.

Just remember to keep the fan on LOW, lest she dry out and you get the friction burn of a lifetime. :Q

sounds nice, but something in the back of my head tells me that ceiling fans arent that powerful

LOL im sure a 12v motor on the fan can rotate your whole 100lbs+ body. what a bs.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I keep thinking "Doggy" would be the "caveman" (easy way to refer to them) way of doing it, but our anatomy isn't really made for that position. Since we stand upright, our legs are 90 degrees off of most animals that engage in "Doggy".

I dunno... Kepp the opinions coming.

Also, I can't believe someone hasn't said anything about "Dirty Sanchez" yet :D

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
Interesting thread.

I have taken a shine to the "woman on top, grasping the blades of the ceiling fan and getting the rotation action going" position.

Works quite well, actually. Very little physical effort on the part of either partner, yet massive stimulation to both parties is afforded by the spinning action of the fan.

Just remember to keep the fan on LOW, lest she dry out and you get the friction burn of a lifetime. :Q

sounds nice, but something in the back of my head tells me that ceiling fans arent that powerful

LOL im sure a 12v motor on the fan can rotate your whole 100lbs+ body. what a bs.

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
Interesting thread.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: LOLyourFace
Interesting thread.

Since when is household current 12v? :confused:

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Eli
Interesting thread.

:) a lot of motors are dc current and 12v. not uncommon in household appliances and fans. why is that an issue?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: edro13
I keep thinking "Doggy" would be the "caveman" (easy way to refer to them) way of doing it, but our anatomy isn't really made for that position. Since we stand upright, our legs are 90 degrees off of most animals that engage in "Doggy".

I dunno... Kepp the opinions coming.

Also, I can't believe someone hasn't said anything about "Dirty Sanchez" yet :D

That's an act and not a position.
rolleye.gif
So much for your scientific poll.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Interesting thread.

I grab onto ceiling fans all the time. They aren't powerful enogh to move me, in any sense, but it's definitely a lot stronger of a push than a 12vDC fan gives me.

I grab onto ceiling fans all the time. They aren't powerful enogh to move me, in any sense, but it's definitely a lot stronger of a push than a 12vDC fan gives me.
Is that when you are riding your bf?

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I'd be willing to bet that missionary has become the default position, and largely because of cultural mores. Also, us humans being emotional creatures (something that tends to escape animals), we tend to enjoy the intimacy of a face-to-face encounter I'd imagine.

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Interesting thread.

:) a lot of motors are dc current and 12v. not uncommon in household appliances and fans. why is that an issue?
eh.. But we're not talking about computer fans, we're talking about fans that plug into normal household current... lol

I don't really think he meant the fan makes you move, how would that work? grabbing the blades would just make it stop.

I think he just means.. she grabs the fan for some vertical support, so the woman can get into the circuilar motion pattern better/easier/more powerful. ;)

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Whisper
I'd be willing to bet that missionary has become the default position, and largely because of cultural mores. Also, us humans being emotional creatures (something that tends to escape animals), we tend to enjoy the intimacy of a face-to-face encounter I'd imagine.

cultural mores. can do a lot of damage to a healthy sex drive / life........... :(

SHUX

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Interesting thread.

eh.. But we're not talking about computer fans, we're talking about fans that plug into normal household current... lol

I don't really think he meant the fan makes you move, how would that work? grabbing the blades would just make it stop.

I think he just means.. she grabs the fan for some vertical support, so the woman can get into the circuilar motion pattern better/easier/more powerful. ;)

as far as i know, vacuum cleaners and other household fans are dc current. the convert the ac to dc.

Eli

Oct 9, 1999

as far as i know, vacuum cleaners and other household fans are dc current. the convert the ac to dc.
Certainly not.

At 12v, the amperage required to run something like a vacuum cleaner would be insane. Unless you're talking about a rechargable dust-buster type vacuum. :p

Unless the appliance has a wall-wart, the motor almost certainly operates on 120v AC.

Food processors, hand drills, hair dryers, washing machines, vacuums, A/C, space heaters, desk fans, ceiling fans... all 120v.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000

Certainly not.

At 12v, the amperage required to run something like a vacuum cleaner would be insane. Unless you're talking about a rechargable dust-buster type vacuum. :p

Unless the appliance has a wall-wart, the motor almost certainly operates on 120v AC.

Food processors, hand drills, hair dryers, washing machines, vacuums, A/C, space heaters, desk fans, ceiling fans... all 120v.

Ok, so i ran and checked my vacuum and you are right.

:(

oh well, next time i'll check BEFORE i post. ;)

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Certainly not.
I have one of these. Trust me, 12v can move quite a bit, including lifting 12,000 straight up. OF course it takes 400 amps, but still :p

400 amp cieling fan. mmm...

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
:)

Yea.. 12v isn't really much.

LOL.... Only on AT can a thread about sex end up a discussion of household appliance voltage. :Q

:D

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
It's not so common or normal for many animals to be on their backs so it's not surprising doggy style would be it for them. As for humans... we're the epitome of lazy... and our backs are the largest part of our body. ;)

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
OMG, how did a "Default Sex Position" thread turn into a debate over AC / DC voltages?!?!! Only on ATOT! :D

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
:)
Yea.. 12v isn't really much.
LOL.... Only on AT can a thread about sex end up a discussion of household appliance voltage. :Q
:D

OMG! Look at what I just posted ^up there! We think alike!

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
OMG, how did a "Default Sex Position" thread turn into a debate over AC / DC voltages?!?!! Only on ATOT! :D

i'm married with 3 kids, sex discussions aren't as interesting as household appliances. ;)

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001

i'm married with 3 kids, sex discussions aren't as interesting as household appliances. ;)

Exactly.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999

Certainly not.

My vacuum powerhead only uses like 10A.