Solved! DeepCool CF120 ARGB Fans

illikrineis

Sep 20, 2020
Hi! I recently purchased DeepCool CF120 Plus ARGB 3-Pack Fans. It comes with a 4-Port PWM Hub and a 6-Port A-RGB Hub. I was looking for 4-Pin PWM and 3-Pin LED cables. Found the 4-Pin PWM cable extensions. Haven't been able to find 3-Pin male to female extension cables. I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on 3-Pin male to female ARGB extension cables?
2. Will any 3-Pin male to female extension cable work? I found 12v rated 3-Pin cables. Look ugly as heck but the mangled cables are uglier so willing to compromise.

Thank you for your help!

Solution
Certainly I would expect any 3-pin ARGB extension cable to work. The essential item is the position of the holes / pins and that they are connected as any such cable should be. The outer casing of the cable MAY say 12 V rated, but that does not matter at all. My guess is, the manufacturer makes both 3- and 4-pin RGB cables with the same cable stock, and just ensures the correct ends are on them.

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Certainly I would expect any 3-pin ARGB extension cable to work. The essential item is the position of the holes / pins and that they are connected as any such cable should be. The outer casing of the cable MAY say 12 V rated, but that does not matter at all. My guess is, the manufacturer makes both 3- and 4-pin RGB cables with the same cable stock, and just ensures the correct ends are on them.

Reactions: illikrineis
Solution

illikrineis

Sep 20, 2020

I just want to make sure I don't fry my fans and wanted to confirm with you before trying this out. So, I could purchase a cable that looks like this and use it as an extension and it would work as long as I match the cables?:

All this has turned into additional stress for me. I tried to move away from Corsair ML120/140 because of the clutter it made in my case with all the hubs and wires. But, so far not very satisfied with how my cable management looks. Thank you for your help, again!

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
First, thanks for Best Solution.

I don't think that cable will do what you want. It is designed to have its 3-hole female connector plug into a particular socket you do not have, and convert that to single-pin connectors that can fit onto any male plug. Of course, you could use it the opposite way, but I doubt the 3-hole connector will plug into the ARGB cables from your fans.

The root of this is that Deepcool uses on their ARGB cables a connector unlike the most common one. The solution they offer and include with their 3-pack is an adapter cable that CAN plug into a "standard" 3-pin male ARGB mobo header and feed its signals into the input cable of their 6-output ARGB Hub. Then you plug all their fans into their hub.

I am not clear why you need extension cables. IF you need only one to reach between the mobo header and that adapter cable on the way to the Hub, then a standard 3-pin ARGB Extension will do that, like this

It has female connectors on both ends, but includes a little converter to make one (or both) end into a male.

However, I suspect what you need is a bunch of cables to reach from your fans to the ARGB Hub, which means you need cables with Deepcool's non-standard connectors, male and female. My best suggestion is to contact their Sales or Tech Support people and ask where you can get such an animal.