December Jobs Report

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Anyone else here pat their employees on the back for stuff they might get done?

Sincerely,
Goal post mover

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If you had large scale negotiation exposure you would realise Trump doesn't know what he is doing. When is that China deal getting done by the way?

Well, I guess that settles it. An anti-Trump type on the internet said so. No idea when it is getting done, just know the talks are in session. Do you believe they are not or won't get done? Seems like we're making progress to me.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well, I guess that settles it. An anti-Trump type on the internet said so. No idea when it is getting done, just know the talks are in session. Do you believe they are not or won't get done? Seems like we're making progress to me.

The Venn diagram of "anti-trump types" and "literate adults" is a single circle.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I'll take that is a compliment. What ever you do never pull your head out of the sand. I find your posts highly entertaining.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
How desperate are you..? The trade deal isn't yet in place. We're still working from old framework. Let's check in after Trump gets his trade deal. Even you have to be smarter than this. Right? (wishful thinking maybe)

Ah, so we're still waiting on the winning to begin.

Sorta like that NK denuclearization deal.
And the improved Iran denuclearization deal.
And the TTP replacement deal.
And the new climate deal.
And the new trade deal with Germany (*snicker*)
And the middle class tax cut deal.

Wake me when the frost thaws, this is going to be a long winter.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I think you're missing the point. This thread is about economic news as due to Trump's policies. Criminal activity related to Trump deserves its own thread, which already exists. These are desperate attempts by the anti-Trump brigade to tarnish the stellar jobs report.

Correction, this is a new thread about economic news and Trump.

A new one was started because your previous one was such a clusterfuck of incompetence, flailing and market meltdown you abandoned it, laid low, and waited until some scrap of good news came up so you could pop up and pray everyone had amnesia.

That being said, I'm happy to see that Trump has turned his attention and aura of fuck-ups and disaster elsewhere (shutdown) and the market is able to stabilize and mount some measure of recovery.

Due to The Motherfucker, my 401k still closed in the red for the year, and we're still down 10% off the recent highs.

I pine for days when his MF'ers tweets were just about lying about cheating on his wife and gushing over racist conspiracy theories.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I believe people who think Trump has strong business acumen formed that opinion based on a character he played on The Apprentice. Up until that point he was a failure. Nothing more than a D list celebrity who frequented Howard Stern to keep his name in the news. He parlayed The Apprentice schtick into a brand he has relentlessly peddled ever sense. A pied piper to the minimally exceptional.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Ah, so we're still waiting on the winning to begin.

Sorta like that NK denuclearization deal.
And the improved Iran denuclearization deal.
And the TTP replacement deal.
And the new climate deal.
And the new trade deal with Germany (*snicker*)
And the middle class tax cut deal.

Wake me when the frost thaws, this is going to be a long winter.

There has been great progress on everything you have there. He's done the right thing in those situations.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I believe people who think Trump has strong business acumen formed that opinion based on a character he played on The Apprentice. Up until that point he was a failure. Nothing more than a D list celebrity who frequented Howard Stern to keep his name in the news. He parlayed The Apprentice schtick into a brand he has relentlessly peddled ever sense. A pied piper to the minimally exceptional.

The producer of the Apprentice was Mark Burnett. The producer of the Trump presidency is Vladimir Putin.

Nov 25, 2013
China never before imported rice from us. Never. You're having a tough time this morning already.

"Negotiations on opening China’s rice market to the US started more than a decade ago. China’s demands for rice surged after it joined the World Trade Organisation in 2001."

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dip...na-gives-final-approval-imports-rice-us-after

"U.S. rice futures had little reaction to the announcement, declining by 7 cents to $10.06 per cwt."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-five-day-rally-dollar-rebounds-idUSKCN1P503D

Last edited:
Reactions: darkswordsman17

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Well, I see slow hasn't returned to defend the facts......as usual. Same old shit post and run like a toddler.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
"Negotiations on opening China’s rice market to the US started more than a decade ago. China’s demands for rice surged after it joined the World Trade Organisation in 2001."

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dip...na-gives-final-approval-imports-rice-us-after

"U.S. rice futures had little reaction to the announcement, declining by 7 cents to $10.06 per cwt."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-five-day-rally-dollar-rebounds-idUSKCN1P503D
Gee, and here I really thought Trump had something to do with it.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Trump crushed it in January too. Consumer confidence is very high due to the Trump tax cuts and cutting red tape for small business owners.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/economy/january-jobs-report/index.html

Even CNN has to admit it:

"Employment gains were led by the leisure and hospitality sector, which has added 410,000 jobs over the past year. That indicates that consumers have been spending freely on recreation, as paychecks have grown and the unemployment rate has sunk."

Keep up the great work, Mr. President.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump crushed it in January too. Consumer confidence is very high due to the Trump tax cuts and cutting red tape for small business owners.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/economy/january-jobs-report/index.html

Even CNN has to admit it:

"Employment gains were led by the leisure and hospitality sector, which has added 410,000 jobs over the past year. That indicates that consumers have been spending freely on recreation, as paychecks have grown and the unemployment rate has sunk."

Keep up the great work, Mr. President.

I love watching you switch between ‘the president doesn’t really affect this’ and ‘all hail the president’ based on whether it’s good or bad economic news.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I love watching you switch between ‘the president doesn’t really affect this’ and ‘all hail the president’ based on whether it’s good or bad economic news.

I love watching you try and deflect and/or downplay the continued good news regarding the Trump economy. You put partisanship above America.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I love watching you try and deflect and/or downplay the continued good news regarding the Trump economy. You put partisanship above America.

Lol. You are so transparent.

What I don’t get is that you clearly know you’re a propagandist but all you do is make conservatives look bad.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You cheer lead so hard. How about that January jobs report, eh?

I like it just fine, it was good news! It’s funny that you’re so totally consumed by tribalism and partisanship that you would think I would be unhappy.

Remember, I’m not like you - I only care about what the facts say. When/if the economy goes south I’m sure you’ll be here coming up with endless reasons why it isn’t Trump’s fault.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I like it just fine, it was good news! It’s funny that you’re so totally consumed by tribalism and partisanship that you would think I would be unhappy.

Remember, I’m not like you - I only care about what the facts say. When/if the economy goes south I’m sure you’ll be here coming up with endless reasons why it isn’t Trump’s fault.

I"m pretty non-partisan, I go with who I think is on the right path for a better America at the time. I've voted both left and right. Right now Trump is exactly the president this country needs.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I"m pretty non-partisan, I go with who I think is on the right path for a better America at the time. I've voted both left and right. Right now Trump is exactly the president this country needs.

Literally no one believes you.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Literally no one believes you.

Every time one of you tells me I didn't vote Democrat in the past, that I'm not the same poster that's been using this account, that America isn't doing fantastic under Trump, it just makes me realize how wrong this forum is and how correct I am. You guys work on alt facts and Gillette commercials, you pat each other on the back but you don't realize how outside this bubble of yours reality is a lot different from your perception.