December Jobs Report

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I just pointed you to the appropriate thread. Please participate. I am interested to hear your thoughts about Trump being implicated in multiple felonies.

I will continue to repeat this in this thread until you start participating there as you requested a venue to discuss it an that has been provided.

So you think you are owed responses by me in another thread and that it is ok to drag this one completely to an unrelated topic because what I have to say is so important to you?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
lol. The intellectual gymnastics required for declaring Trump responsible for imports but not responsible for the balance of trade are truly amazing.

The desperation is oozing out of every post.

By the way, did you see your official invitation to participate in that thread about Cohen's testimony? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on all the felonies Trump has been implicated in.

This thread is not about your political witch hunt. It is about the uptick in many important metrics that show how the economy is doing.

Also, no mental gymnastics, this is pretty straight forward. Trumps pressure on trade has lead to rice imports, directly. Trump's trade deal with China is not yet in place, but being actively worked on. This really isn't hard to comprehend.

Nov 29, 2006
Your desperation is showing. What's so hard about starting a thread about it so this one can stay on topic, about how low unemployment, higher wages, positive movement of workforce participation, added jobs, and new inroads with China for trade have all happened due to Trump. If you want to discuss criminal activity as it is related to Trump, please start a thread on it so I can laugh at you there as you grasp at straws. This thread is about real things, substance.

You are so fucking retarded, i dont know how you function. He literally pointed you to an existing thread to discuss that, but you want him to start a new thread instead?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So you think you are owed responses by me in another thread and that it is ok to drag this one completely to an unrelated topic because what I have to say is so important to you?

I don't think I'm owed anything, you claimed that you desired to discuss that topic in an appropriate thread. That thread has been supplied to you but you still aren't discussing it. Why are you so reluctant to discuss all the felonies Trump has been implicated in? Isn't that very interesting topic? I mean he could go to prison!

I'm personally interested in your thoughts on the felonies which is why I keep asking for them. You seem oddly reluctant to give them. Why?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This thread is not about your political witch hunt. It is about the uptick in many important metrics that show how the economy is doing.

Also, no mental gymnastics, this is pretty straight forward. Trumps pressure on trade has lead to rice imports, directly. Trump's trade deal with China is not yet in place, but being actively worked on. This really isn't hard to comprehend.

So again, Trump's actions affect rice imports but have no effect on the overall trade deficit. The mental gymnastics here are unbelievable. I will never understand why you are so desperate to defend Trump that you humiliate yourself by making obvious lies like this. You're making Trump supporters look worse and that's hurting the guy you're so emotionally invested in.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I think Obama did a great job helping with the recovery from the disastrous GWB years. But, Trump is taking it to the next level. You guys are far too emotion driven and partisan.
Except you're only saying that because of your partisan emotions. The facts show that the economy continues to grow at the same rate it did during Obama's 2nd term. A rate which Trump repeatedly criticized as inadequate.
So if there's emotion being felt here, it's indignation at how your lazy dishonesty insults our intelligence.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You are so fucking retarded, i dont know how you function. He literally pointed you to an existing thread to discuss that, but you want him to start a new thread instead?

I think you're missing the point. This thread is about economic news as due to Trump's policies. Criminal activity related to Trump deserves its own thread, which already exists. These are desperate attempts by the anti-Trump brigade to tarnish the stellar jobs report.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I don't think I'm owed anything, you claimed that you desired to discuss that topic in an appropriate thread. That thread has been supplied to you but you still aren't discussing it. Why are you so reluctant to discuss all the felonies Trump has been implicated in? Isn't that very interesting topic? I mean he could go to prison!

I'm personally interested in your thoughts on the felonies which is why I keep asking for them. You seem oddly reluctant to give them. Why?

Wrong thread again.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wrong thread again.

No problem, I've invited you to discuss this topic in the appropriate thread already. In case you've misplaced the link here it is again:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...feb-7-about-his-work-for-trump.2559833/page-2

You claimed you wished to discuss it in the appropriate thread. Here is that thread. Should I send you another invitation? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on all the felonies Trump has been implicated in. What do you think the appropriate prison sentence would be if convicted? Things like that.

EDIT: I'm only pointing you to that thread because you claimed you wished to discuss the topic. If you have changed your mind and have nothing to say about the felonies Trump has been implicated in that's fine, it would just help to know that you've changed your mind.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
How many trade deals has trump got done so far? It has been two years and I though he was a master negotiator. He is a hack and a con man. You think otherwise and you have been conned.

Nov 29, 2006
I think you're missing the point. This thread is about economic news as due to Trump's policies. Criminal activity related to Trump deserves its own thread, which already exists. These are desperate attempts by the anti-Trump brigade to tarnish the stellar jobs report.

Trump:
May 24, 2016
“You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people.”

Trump: Jobs Report is '90% Fiction'

Trump doesnt care about jobs reports. They are fake fiction.

Reactions: Vic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
How many trade deals has trump got done so far? It has been two years and I though he was a master negotiator. He is a hack and a con man. You think otherwise and you have been conned.

I suspect one of the biggest obstacles to Trump getting good trade deals is that he literally doesn't know how trade works. He thinks trade deficits are us 'losing' money, after all.

What amazes me about Trump is not that he's ignorant - we already knew that. It's that even when people try to teach him better he refuses to learn. He is stupid and has a steadfast commitment to staying that way.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

New trade deals with Canada, Mexico, and China in the works. You think that is bad in two years?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
No problem, I've invited you to discuss this topic in the appropriate thread already. In case you've misplaced the link here it is again:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...feb-7-about-his-work-for-trump.2559833/page-2

You claimed you wished to discuss it in the appropriate thread. Here is that thread. Should I send you another invitation? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on all the felonies Trump has been implicated in. What do you think the appropriate prison sentence would be if convicted? Things like that.

EDIT: I'm only pointing you to that thread because you claimed you wished to discuss the topic. If you have changed your mind and have nothing to say about the felonies Trump has been implicated in that's fine, it would just help to know that you've changed your mind.

I understand my opinion is highly sought after by you, so I have obliged. Now you can stop the desperate attempts to drag this thread away from the topic, that being the incredibly good news, particularly the jobs report that blew past expectations, due to Trump's actions and policies.

Glad to understand that the way it works around here is you can drag a topic in any direction if the news doesn't mesh with your emotionally held viewpoints. Your attempts to deflect here are sad, very sad. At least you were on topic yesterday. I see when you were wrong there and that didn't get your desired trollish results you moved on to deflecting. You are a sad, sad person.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
New trade deals with Canada, Mexico, and China in the works. You think that is bad in two years?
In the works... Great job! Slightly tweaked nafta isn't a huge deal. How much time have you spent around actual leaders of any industry? Your talent meter seems to be broken.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I’m still wrapping my head around how Trump can take credit for shipping rice to China, but can’t own his fucking shutdown.

He literally said “the buck stops with everybody“ yesterday.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This is a direct result of the pressure Trump is putting on them. Same with soybeans. You're in denial due to TDS.

Such a good little fluffer. From your article-

If China follows through on all the expected buying, total sales would still be less than a quarter of what they were in late December last year.

Truth isn't truth in Trumplandia. Oh, and Brazil will be bringing in a record crop of soybeans over the next few months... The window of opportunity for American farmers is rapidly closing...

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
In the works... Great job! Slightly tweaked nafta isn't a huge deal. How much time have you spent around actual leaders of any industry? Your talent meter seems to be broken.

You're moving the goal posts now.

Yea, it is a big deal and benefiting America. We're now selling rice to China, let that sink in. Trump has been absolutely crushing it since he took office and the fear from the left is fun to watch. The problem for you guys is that he hasn't been a disaster, that America IS doing better with him in office. You try so hard...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I understand my opinion is highly sought after by you, so I have obliged. Now you can stop the desperate attempts to drag this thread away from the topic, that being the incredibly good news, particularly the jobs report that blew past expectations, due to Trump's actions and policies.

What actions and policies of Trump's, specifically, and what is your evidence supporting this? It's interesting to see how emotionally invested you are in this though. The more you're shown to be full of shit the more tightly you cling to it. Now it's 'incredibly good news', haha.

Glad to understand that the way it works around here is you can drag a topic in any direction if the news doesn't mesh with your emotionally held viewpoints. Your attempts to deflect here are sad, very sad. At least you were on topic yesterday. I see when you were wrong there and that didn't get your desired trollish results you moved on to deflecting. You are a sad, sad person.

Remember, you reason emotionally and not factually. I simply provided you with the facts that disproved your claims. Instead of accepting them you doubled down because it hurt your feelings. Facts don't care about your feelings though.

If you think the labor force participation rate returning to the level it was in March, 2014 is incredibly good news I guess that's on you. If you think last month's real wage growth that helped erase some of the wage declines we've seen under Trump is incredibly good news I guess that's on you. As I have no emotional need to invent narratives to justify my personal political preferences I'll just look at things as they are.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I’m still wrapping my head around how Trump can take credit for shipping rice to China, but can’t own his fucking shutdown.

He literally said “the buck stops with everybody“ yesterday.

Schumer, Obama, Pelosi, and H. Clinton all said there is a need for a physical barrier and tough illegal immigration laws. Now none of the Democrats want to own that. The shutdown is on them over .01% of our total budget to be used for a physical barrier (as they wanted before Trump said it).

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

Yea, it is a big deal and benefiting America. We're now selling rice to China, let that sink in. Trump has been absolutely crushing it since he took office and the fear from the left is fun to watch. The problem for you guys is that he hasn't been a disaster, that America IS doing better with him in office. You try so hard...
So his one real accomplishment was tax cuts that I benefit from but most not so much. He is really kicking ass and taking names. Oh and I guess the rice thing. That is simply amazing. You care to answer my question about your experience with actual leaders of industry?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So his one real accomplishment was tax cuts that I benefit from but most not so much. He is really kicking ass and taking names. Oh and I guess the rice thing. That is simply amazing. You care to answer my question about your experience with actual leaders of industry?

I know many small business owners and work with executive level management regularly for a fortune 25 company. I do not have any exposure to board meetings or things like that, I'm middle management.

And yea, Trump has gotten in multiple major trade deals and working on the biggest one yet with China. You can call that small fries (LOL) if you'd like, but I think you're in denial in doing so.

Nov 29, 2006

The only thing Trump has been crushing is the record number of indictments and resignations against him and his staff. Absolutely crushing it. Its a record that may stand the test of time. Trumps #1

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I know many small business owners and work with executive level management regularly for a fortune 25 company. I do not have any exposure to board meetings or things like that, I'm middle management.

And yea, Trump has gotten in multiple major trade deals and working on the biggest one yet with China. You can call that small fries (LOL) if you'd like, but I think you're in denial in doing so.
If you had large scale negotiation exposure you would realise Trump doesn't know what he is doing. When is that China deal getting done by the way?

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie