SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Reactions: UglyCasanova

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
While this jobs report was certainly not bad, it’s more of the same that we’ve seen for years now. Good job growth, middling other things. You and the propagandist Hassett you cited are just desperate.

In the Trump Economy labor force participation rate has shot up all the way to where it was in...March, 2014.

fredgraph.png

Real wage growth, while okay in December is still far below what it was under Obama.

fredgraph.png

I know you deal in emotion and not facts so I’m sure this doesn’t matter to you. The rest of us live in reality though.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Real wage growth, while okay in December is still far below what it was under Obama.

fredgraph.png

I know you deal in emotion and not facts so I’m sure this doesn’t matter to you. The rest of us live in reality though.

Can you link to the St Louis fed page with this data? I wasn't able to locate it on their site

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Wow, look at how low workforce participation dipped under Obama. I didn't realize it was that low under him. Glad it is ticking up under Trump. Wages too. Fskimospy, you should let the rest of the economists know how meh things are, because every source I see is praising the numbers. They really should consult with you first. :)

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Looks like from the time Obama took office to the time he left workforce participation dropped roughly three points. Now it is trending back up with the current administration. This is good news.

Wages climbing too.

Oh well, keep trying to rain on the parade. I understand you must try and stop any news that could be positive for Trump with all of your being.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wow, look at how low workforce participation dipped under Obama. I didn't realize it was that low under him. Glad it is ticking up under Trump. Wages too. Fskimospy, you should let the rest of the economists know how meh things are, because every source I see is praising the numbers. They really should consult with you first. :)

Workforce participation rate today is in the same range as it has been for the last five years. Real wages have been declining under Trump in recent quarters so I’m glad they went up some as we have ground to make up.

This is a good jobs report, which is why I’m confused as to why you felt the need to misrepresent the situation. (Okay I’m not really confused as to why, haha)

As for economists, you just tried to cite Kevin Hassett as a source, haha. Seventeen years after he said the Dow would hit 36,000 we’re 2/3rds of the way there!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Looks like from the time Obama took office to the time he left workforce participation dropped roughly three points. Now it is trending back up with the current administration. This is good news.

Or more accurately, workforce participation dropped about 3 points from 2009 until 2014 and then has stayed basically level since. The change under the current administration is statistically indistinguishable from zero.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Or more accurately, workforce participation dropped about 3 points from 2009 until 2014 and then has stayed basically level since. The change under the current administration is statistically indistinguishable from zero.

From the Forbes link:

"Rather it reflected a flow of some 419,000 new job seekers that outstripped even the impressive employment gains. Clearly, the improved jobs market is drawing people into the search for work. Some 63.9% of the civilian, working-age population was either employed or seeking employment in December, up from 62.9% in November and 62.7% in December 2017"

Sounds better than zero change to me.

Jan 25, 2011
You realize we did this dance with him the last time he started this thread right? I recall both of us pointing out the actual numbers haven't moved. He doesn't care.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You realize we did this dance with him the last time he started this thread right? I recall both of us pointing out the actual numbers haven't moved. He doesn't care.

But actual numbers have moved. Looks like in Obama's last full month in office the workforce participation rate stood at ~62.7%. 63.9% is a better participation rate and equates to hundreds of thousands more people working.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Does this include furloughed employees? :)

Can't complain about job growth and wages rising - no matter how nominal or what administration it's under.
That being said, growth has been on the rise for some time (a decade or so).

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
But actual numbers have moved. Looks like in Obama's last full month in office the workforce participation rate stood at ~62.7%. 63.9% is a better participation rate and equates to hundreds of thousands more people working.

The numbers you are quoting is not the labor force participation rate. The labor force participation rate was 62.9 when Trump took office and is 63.1 now. It was 62.7 in October.

I already literally gave you the numbers. Remember, deal with facts and not emotions.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It’s not really for him, he’s ruled by feelings and not facts. It’s more so other people don’t get duped by his bullshit.

Reactions: ivwshane
Jan 25, 2011
Sure. Except the labor participation rate isn't 63.9%. It's 62.9%. In September it was 62.7%. With Obama it went from 62.7-62.9 repeatedly as well.

It hasn't moved.

Nov 29, 2006
You realize these numbers fluctuate up and down all the time, right? Are you going to make a thread for every up tick? If so ill just block you now.

Im also assuming you made tons of these threads while Obama was president as well since you love a good up tick?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Interesting how the most minute of statistically questionable good news in an administration drowning in huge ocean of criminal and ineptness charges draws the attention of desperate believers like fresh turds draw flies.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Since we are now starting the Trump Recession, I wonder whether OP will be posting the January and February job reports. Most sadly, the Trump Recession will actually be caused by Trump's actions (tariff wars, crashing the stock market after hyperinflating it, intentional federal shutdown, etc. Up to today Trump has been basically taking credit the benefits caused by his predecessor's efforts.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Since we are now starting the Trump Recession, I wonder whether OP will be posting the January and February job reports. Most sadly, the Trump Recession will actually be caused by Trump's actions (tariff wars, crashing the stock market after hyperinflating it, intentional federal shutdown, etc. Up to today Trump has been basically taking credit the benefits caused by his predecessor's efforts.

Well, we know how the OP will handle it. All good economic signs are always the product of Trump's divine guidance; all negative things are just temporary setbacks (caused by everyone in the universe except for Trump, of course), even if they're actually signs that Trump is causing an economic train wreck.